Thread: [TV] South Park

Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Great episode. I feel like some people missed some of the nuance of the jokes (or looked too hard). Also dont think the Black Panther thing went over peoples head.

Cartman way past Jupiter to come with a reason for Token not allowing him to cheat off his test. The simply answer wasnt enough, that Cartman failed the test because he didnt study, Token has not in Cartman's own failures. But thats not good enough for Cartman. He is a narcissist who is never wrong. So he convinces himself that its because he didnt like BP. Token didn't see BP...so Cartman needs to go deeper. Cartman looks more insane as the episode goes on...unless youre a narcissist who is never wrong...thats the joke.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Great first episode. The school shooter plot line was hilariously, brutally South Park. Then having Cartman parody Jessica Jones, while ripping on Black Panther, superb.

Hope the rest of the season is this good.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Great first episode. The school shooter plot line was hilariously, brutally South Park. Then having Cartman parody Jessica Jones, while ripping on Black Panther, superb.

Hope the rest of the season is this good.
    yup very good strong start of this season - expecting a lot from it

This episode is pretty funny. I liked both plots despite being drawn out so much by clinging to the same jokes, which is something the newer seasons do a lot. At least Heidi isn't with Cartman anymore so we see more of his old self. I wonder if the next episode will continue with Stan being shot.

Deleted
    I laughed so much when I saw Butters with that assault rifle lmao.

Damn I didn't realize the new season started until you guys bumped this thread. (Even though I did see a lot of trailers...) The timeslot conflicts with Always Sunny (Wednesday 10 PM) so I'll probably either...watch SP at 10 and the Always Sunny rerun at 10:30...or I'll watch Always Sunny and stream SP the next day.

Watched the first ep last night. It was really good, I was smiling the whole time. Everyone was desensitized to school shootings except for Sharon, and everyone else thought she was being moody because of menopause and her period. And Cartman made fun of Black Panther being overhyped (I personally don't think it was) and black people talking about it all the time. The topics were really good and it was told well.

I'm REALLY surprised they didn't bring up "banning guns" though. That topic goes hand in hand with "stopping school shootings". Like, the motivation behind why everyone didn't care about school shootings made no sense to me. The writing made it seem like "you can't be down all the time", but I was expecting some "well we need our guns" or some sort of explanation like that.

Deleted
    Another solid episode.

And best of all? No mention of last week's episode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Another solid episode.

Stan had his arm in a sling from his gun wound.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Stan had his arm in a sling from his gun wound.
    Read: no M E N T I O N of last week's episode.

No significant continuation, no dialogue about it's events.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another solid episode.

It does reference another episode pretty heavily though which is why I felt confused when they starting making all the priest and altar boy jokes as I thought "Didn't they already do this?". It was a pretty tame episode for south park imo and nothing really happened. Also still lost on the #cancelsouthpark as I can't tell if it's just supposed to be a joke as well or if they are serious about no longer wanting to do the show.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    It does reference another episode pretty heavily though which is why I felt confused when they starting making all the priest and altar boy jokes as I thought "Didn't they already do this?". It was a pretty tame episode for south park imo and nothing really happened. Also still lost on the #cancelsouthpark as I can't tell if it's just supposed to be a joke as well or if they are serious about no longer wanting to do the show.
    Not every episode needs 100 people dying tho
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Butter´s voice sounds wierd sometimes. 20 years of voice acting does that but still.. the episodes are good but it is starting to feel like the real limitations are comming from the aging of the producers.

Solid episode.

Another solid episode.

I like the story arcs that last an entire season, but I think the best storytelling happens when there's an overall story arc and standalone episodes. Kindof like Supernatural.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Not every episode needs 100 people dying tho
    Yes I know but what I meant by tame was the reveal of what the clean up crew was actually there to do, how the episode was ultimately resolved and that the church jokes were pretty weak. I mean there wasn't a single one about Christ and his comings.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok that ep was kinda funny. And good riddance.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Ok that ep was kinda funny. And good riddance.
    I agree, it was definitely a lot funnier than the previous two. PC Babies was the best part and the dig at the end was pretty good. Cartman's "In 2018" was pretty on point too.

It was alright. Nothing in the episode was actually laugh-funny to me.

The PC babies part was definitely the most fun, but also it confused me. PC people don't like asian people? Or Speedy Gonzalez shirts?

i didnt caught the simpson reference, what happened?

Ok episode but I did like last season better, episodes have a vaguely depressed feel.

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    i didnt caught the simpson reference, what happened?
    Mr. Hanky moved to Springfield, where he can be un-PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Ok episode but I did like last season better, episodes have a vaguely depressed feel.

Mr. Hanky moved to Springfield, where he can be un-PC.
    ok, sure, but why? simpson did something? im not american and i dont follow the cartoon, so i dont have idea of possible discussion around it