Poll: Title says it.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Minti View Post
    Can someone help me here? Maybe I missed something, but when people talk about "you won't be able to aoe mobs down" is that what people are contending will make the game harder? The trash up to the bosses will make people QQ?
    basically

i hope cata will be like tbc
    hardcore or get the fuck out of the game. thats how wow should be

Quote Originally Posted by morlem View Post
    basically

I've played this game through vanilla, took a break, but if people really think making the TRASH harder is what made this game substantially more difficult, I doubt most of you were in very progressed guilds.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Attunements hopefully make a comeback.

10+ Year Old Account
    IMHO, as you level things should get harder. You should have to use your new abilities to survive and kill your enemies. Not spam one or two buttons.

If the game is no longer faceroll come cata, and we actually have to make an effort.. I will indeed be thrilled. Games should be challenging, not just pretty.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    —Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by morlem View Post
    basically

TBC was a gigantic step towards catering to casuals compared to Vanilla. Wrath was just a bigger step in that direction. Anyone who was "hardcore" in vanilla will scoff at your notion that TBC was in fact hardcore, or at least most will. It's all relative and your rose colored glasses are distorting your perception.

Blizzards point was why bother making a product that almost no one will ever see? While I disagree completely the direction they headed I can at least see their point and understand why they are going that way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical92 View Post
    Sooner or later cata is gonna be just as easy as wrath

just wait.
    This, patch 4.1 is my bet

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    TBC was a gigantic step towards catering to casuals compared to Vanilla. Wrath was just a bigger step in that direction. Anyone who was "hardcore" in vanilla will scoff at your notion that TBC was in fact hardcore, or at least most will. It's all relative and your rose colored glasses are distorting your perception.

Blizzards point was why bother making a product that almost no one will ever see? While I disagree completely the direction they headed I can at least see their point and understand why they are going that way.
    i honestly cant believe what i just readed i have never in my whole life saw someone say that tbc catered to casuals

In many ways TBC did cater to casuals more than Vanilla.

It provided casual gamers better opportunities to obtain PvP items.
    It provided PvE casuals better gear than they could have obtained
    during Vanilla, with the badges and heroic lvl 70 dungeons. Don't
    get me wrong, there weren't many pugs successfully clearing TBC raid
    instances though.

WotLK provided casual PvE gamers much easier ways to obtain the tier
    behind gear. Thus allowing them to attempt the latest raid instances.
    Interestingly enough, the hardest of the heroic raid encounters is still
    much too difficult for pugs and lesser guilds. How many HM LK25 worldwide
    kills have there been?

While I welcome harder content and bringing back more challenging
    dungeons and raids, I do wonder how long it will last. If casual
    players find content too difficult (with reason), they will stop
    playing. If Blizzard sees a dip in active subscriptions after
    the newness of Cataclysm wears off, then I think you will see
    the nerf bat go out. After all, Blizzard has mentioned
    before they realize that hardcore players make up a very minimal
    portion of their subscriber base.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as I can casually play and progress through raids n stuff without super ease, then yes

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    I'm actually a very decent raider, with basically no non-wipe related deaths over the last month or two?

But that doesn't mean I can help my group not wipe because they're retarded.

People can't do H HoR as is, how are they supposed to do dungeons that require them not to get hit by stray dmg, on top of having to actually be coordinated enough to use their CC abilities (assuming you're put in a dungeon with the correct CC, at the mercy of the random dungeon queue coding)?

I have to do these dungeons with 4 other people, who possibly may be horrible/die a lot/do 1% of their potential dps.

Let me do hard content with guildies/friends. Let the 5 mans be for gathering pre-raid loot / badges.
    Exactly. Sure, there's always the option to group up within guild, but I'd prefer to be able to PUG via the RDF on my own schedule with an acceptably low chance of getting a fail group. Otherwise, they coded the wonderful new system for nothing.