Page 1 of 78
... LastLast

Rate the Holy Paladin Above You v2

In light of our original thread being mysteriously deleted*cough*, let us restart the trend
    There are a few rules that apply:
    1)Do not troll.
    2)If you are posting to answer a question, and Not rating the person above you, be sure to quote that person's armory link into your reply and state that it is the one for people to rate.
    3)If not answering a question, MAKE SURE you rate the person above you, do not just post "hi, rate me please!". Seen alot of this going on in the old thread.
    4)Be respectful. No matter how much you dislike the person/think he knows nothing and sucks, please try and control yourself and give POSITIVE feedback to the person, and in a polite manner.
    5)If someone is being an asshat and insulting/trolling, please report it to the mods, they will take appropiate action against said individual. Dont get youself into trouble by starting an all-out vulgarity filled flame war.
    6)EDIT:Going back to point 4, Dont Overdo swearing. Normal everyday forum swearing would be allowed...I suppose.
    *Disclaimer*Nothing in point 6 was said by me.
    Did I miss anything ?no?great.
    Ok lets get this show back on the road. I guess ill start with mine:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ck&n=Forcelink
    I guess I'm back? Sighhhh....

Re: Rate the Holy Paladin Above You v2

Quote Originally Posted by Force
    In light of our original thread being mysteriously deleted*cough*, let us restart the trend
    There are a few rules that apply:
    1)Do not troll.
    2)If you are posting to answer a question, and Not rating the person above you, be sure to quote that person's armory link into your reply and state that it is the one for people to rate.
    3)If not answering a question, MAKE SURE you rate the person above you, do not just post "hi, rate me please!". Seen alot of this going on in the old thread.
    4)Be respectful. No matter how much you dislike the person/think he knows nothing and sucks, please try and control yourself and give POSITIVE feedback to the person, and in a polite manner.
    5)If someone is being an asshat and insulting/trolling, please report it to the mods, they will take appropiate action against said individual. Dont get youself into trouble by starting an all-out vulgarity filled flame war.
    Did I miss anything ?no?great.
    Ok lets get this show back on the road. I guess ill start with mine:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ck&n=Forcelink
    Well I didnt even know it was deleted.... it carried VALUABLE information about math and holy paladin gearing. What a waste.

I really checked out your gear and stat aspect and I have to applaud you. EVEN THOUGH you didnt get your frozen lake chest you STILL managed to get above 700 haste your focus is indeed in the right place. And the bright side is that your chest has a good amount of mp5. You have the Solace trink so you are doing decent in the throughput Dept. The ONLY think I have an issue is with the wrist enchant. 16int wont make or break you at this point where 30sp outweighs it buy a decent number. (I dont care what no one says..... The times when you USE FoL 2.3k-2.4k wont cut it in current progression)

(If it makes you feel better I have seen the plate TOC25 boots drop YET, 5 MONTHS LOL and solace has dropped thru my fingers MANNY times) At this point I'll just shoot for the 25 man Rot Face chest.

8.5/10 You put in thought for gearing and the best stats for the gear giving considering the gear you want hasnt dropped yet. Sign of a Conscious player

http://www.wow-heroes.com/index.php?...me=Skulldancer << rate

10+ Year Old Account

9/10. Pretty nice, but eww Frost Needle. xD Just kidding, actually not a bad weapon.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n&n=Detonation

Here's mine, before you rate, i'm in a 10man guild because I prefer running them over 25's, though every Monday Premonition does a 25man alt run, which i usually get into (If i'm online), anyways: let me explain a few things

The Libram: I use Renewal and Veracity, depending on the fight, I just happened to log out with that one on.
    Gloves: I don't know why I bought them, they were a huge upgrade at the time, I now regret it even though they are nice wish I had gotten tier but whatever lol.

Deleted

Detonation :

Pretty well geared for someone who prefers running 10's
    Anyway:

Helmet - very good choice, socketing good as well - however probl. you should consider the mp5 enchant, but that's really a minor thing
    Neck is great, T10 Shoulders as well - however you really want a 264 Token ( and again reconsider the enchant ^^)
    Your Back is not the best choice - you should have spent your Frost Emblems for the Castercloak, as you can get very good Gloves from Deathwhisper in ICC 25. Drapes are as usual pretty hard to get ( i wore my Pennant Cloak up to last week when i finally got Insanity cloak ^^ ).
    Chest and Bracers are fine as well, even though i personally would take the 2 crafted Pieces ( the Crusader Orb ones ) ,as they each have 1 Socket more.
    Gloves - as i said ^^
    The Girdle is awesome, i really loved it due to the massive Hasteboost it provides.
    Your Legs und your feet are good as well, however - if you can afford the 13 Primordial saronites - you could craft the 264 Versions.
    Both Rings are good choice, as the Trinkets are too ( even though you really really want your guild to kill Algalon to get the Meteorite Crystal - trust me ^^ ).

Quel Delar is a good choice ,even though i personally would try to get Argent Resolve from Anub 10 HM - same with your shield - the ilvl 245 really are a good upgrade. As for the weapon enchant - i would use 30 Int, however that's really personal choice, but i just don't see y i would need any spellpower provided from enchants.
    Libram..dunno i just love my libram of renewal, but as you wrote you switch between them, so you're fine ^^

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Craven : Not really much to say except that I hope my guild can keep the incentive to run 25Uld so i can get my last 5 fragments.

Here's me: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ircle&n=Rhodas

1. Like I said, 5 fragments 'til Val'anyr
    2. I love the Purified Lunar Dust trinket. good proc rate with the FoL build.

Quote Originally Posted by dookieguy1039
    Craven : Not really much to say except that I hope my guild can keep the incentive to run 25Uld so i can get my last 5 fragments.

Here's me: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ircle&n=Rhodas

1. Like I said, 5 fragments 'til Val'anyr
    2. I love the Purified Lunar Dust trinket. good proc rate with the FoL build.

1st of Question.... Hows the mana with both trinks? I was about to do that once Solace dropped for me.

For a FoL build you have GREAT stats and haste. And raid buffed your mp5 ticks for almost the mana expenditure of a FoL. All That I can see is the Libram if u PVP can be upgraded and go for The TOC25 mace or like u said The ulduar legendary mace. 9.5/10 for FoL spec

http://www.wow-heroes.com/index.php?...me=skulldancer >> rate

Looks pretty good, but your sword has hit, and you put your Nightmare Tear in the wrong slot if you were going for the most intellect (should be in the +4 int bonus).

8/10? Not sure.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...mrage&n=Omerra is me.

Quote Originally Posted by Omerra
    Looks pretty good, but your sword has hit, and you put your Nightmare Tear in the wrong slot if you were going for the most intellect (should be in the +4 int bonus).

8/10? Not sure.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...mrage&n=Omerra is me.
    Seems a bit silly to use a Nightmare's Tear, and a Luminous (orange) gem. You could use a Dazzling Eye of Zul (blue) to get the same Int + 5 Mp5, and also your Luminous (orange) gem should go in your belt as you could get +2 more SP. Good enchants, and decent gear other then a few oversights its looks good.

8/10

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...hridge&n=Yooya

Cant see anything wrong with this char, assuming you use holy light (but with that gear n gemming, you could hardly be doing anything else).
    good enchants, good glyphs, good spec (could argue for more ret instead of imp. SS, but im not gonna.) - Your crit is fine as it is anyhow.

pretty clear 10/10.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ll&n=Pindledin

Quote Originally Posted by grenolith
    Cant see anything wrong with this char, assuming you use holy light (but with that gear n gemming, you could hardly be doing anything else).
    good enchants, good glyphs, good spec (could argue for more ret instead of imp. SS, but im not gonna.) - Your crit is fine as it is anyhow.

pretty clear 10/10.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ll&n=Pindledin
    http://www.wow-heroes.com/index.php?...me=Skulldancer <><>rate

With the current Badge system theres no reason to have T8 gear still. and The Snowflake trink, I tried it and for a pally to get any real gains from it you will have to break your finger tapping the keyboard or mouse. The internal cool down is SO FAST that its not feasable to have it and http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47215 From TOC 5 man REG gives you much needed INT and good mana returns. Way more than what The Snowflake trink can give you.

To use that Libram you will need more int to coushin the load. And you need about 80 more haste to effectively work your pally.

6/10 considering the badge system allows you to obtain better gear/resources

RATE MEH

@ Skulldancer:

Ooooo, where to start! Not only on my server, but also from MoF! /evil grin

Spec: Overall it looks pretty good. I'm not sure why you would only put 2/3 in Imp Conc and 1/2 in Imp Wisd. Ideally you would talk to the other holy paladins in your guild to make sure during raids you have both talents maxed for your raid group. Also, if I were you I would put 3 points in Imp RF over toughness. It helps on some fights whereas toughness never will. Just having one point in Benediction is random. Maybe bring it over and finish off Conc or Wisd?

Glyphs: Based on your spec I have to assume you're not trying a lolFoL healing build. So you should have 1) Glyph of Holy Light 2) Glyph of Seal of Wisdom 3) Glyph of BoL (or possibly Divinity). Lose SoL and FoL.

Gemming/Chants: Pretty much perfect. Personally I wouldn't put Int on my weapon... haven't really run the numbers on it though (and I'm too lazy to this early) so I won't say anything. If you want me to nitpick, putting the tear in your helm will give you +9 spell power as opposed to putting it in your belt and only getting +7. Yes... like I said... nitpicking.

Gear: The 49 hit from your weapon makes me cringe... but I'm sure it was an upgrade to what you previously had. Also, Tears of the Vanquished is pretty good, but you might be able to snag an upgrade. Besides that, though: 825 haste, 33k mana pool, 2620 SP, almost 30% crit, and 230 mp5. Not too bad...

Overall I'd give you a 8/10. =D

Quote Originally Posted by apokteino
    Also, if I were you I would put 3 points in Imp RF over toughness. It helps on some fights whereas toughness never will.
    Personally, I prefer Toughness. Specifically because of the "reduces the duration of movement impairing effects" portion. This has more than just the obvious Faction Champ applications. It cuts down on everything that effects your movement. Many many bosses have stuns or movement speed reduction effects that make this very handy. It never ceases to amaze me how many PUGs are flabbergasted as to how I'm breaking King Ymiron's party-stuns so early. Getting out of these types of things 24% faster is a significant boon indeed.

Then again, RF does have its uses (assuming you're smart about it). Personally, I don't think you're wrong going either way - I just wouldn't say that Toughness will never help you.

Anyhow. On to your armory. Not bad overall. Just a few things.

Heroic Bastion of Purity is currently BiS. Hopefully you didn't replace it with the one you have now. Bastion has 16 more Int and only loses 3 Haste, 3 Crit and 2 SP.

Purchasing the Tier 10 Chest was a mistake. There will be much better options available as drops as ICC progresses. On the other hand, Tier 10 Helm and Shoulders will be BiS even after Heroic LK has been defeated (unless he drops something crazy). The chest may have been a bigger upgrade, but in the end it is a waste of badges. People need to think long term about their purchases.

Your spec is a bit messed up. You should not be speccing into Imp Conc Aura, Imp BoW and Imp Devo Aura unless you are somehow the only Holy Pally in a raid with no Prot Pally or Resto Druid. The likelihood of any guild running a makeup like this is very slim. So I assume you've wasted some points somewhere. Additionally, 1/5 Holy Power is just wrong. Even if you were in the raid makeup described, losing Conc Aura and a point from Imp LoH to go 5/5 Holy Power would have been the way to go.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    Many many bosses have stuns or movement speed reduction effects that make this very handy.
    Thoughness does not reduce stun durations. Only snares/roots, but its actually a very expensive talent for such a small reduction. Its a poor talent if you are not looking for a armor bonus (even for pvp).
    The talent thatreduce stun duration is Stoicism. Few people actually use it, but I think its far more useful than +dodge (we are always casting anyway), since it works with most of boss stuns (including Frost Blocks at KT). Its a amazing and cheap talent, I can't see a reason for not getting it.

The good thing about imp RF is that its a plain 6% dmg reduction. Toughness will change with your armor, and since we are going to wear some mail, improved RF will be far better for mitigation. There isn't a fight on ICC with agro issues yet, so I will keep it speced.

Quote Originally Posted by apokteino
    RATE MEH

@ Skulldancer:

Ooooo, where to start! Not only on my server, but also from MoF! /evil grin

Spec: Overall it looks pretty good. I'm not sure why you would only put 2/3 in Imp Conc and 1/2 in Imp Wisd. Ideally you would talk to the other holy paladins in your guild to make sure during raids you have both talents maxed for your raid group. Also, if I were you I would put 3 points in Imp RF over toughness. It helps on some fights whereas toughness never will. Just having one point in Benediction is random. Maybe bring it over and finish off Conc or Wisd?

Glyphs: Based on your spec I have to assume you're not trying a lolFoL healing build. So you should have 1) Glyph of Holy Light 2) Glyph of Seal of Wisdom 3) Glyph of BoL (or possibly Divinity). Lose SoL and FoL.

Gemming/Chants: Pretty much perfect. Personally I wouldn't put Int on my weapon... haven't really run the numbers on it though (and I'm too lazy to this early) so I won't say anything. If you want me to nitpick, putting the tear in your helm will give you +9 spell power as opposed to putting it in your belt and only getting +7. Yes... like I said... nitpicking.

Gear: The 49 hit from your weapon makes me cringe... but I'm sure it was an upgrade to what you previously had. Also, Tears of the Vanquished is pretty good, but you might be able to snag an upgrade. Besides that, though: 825 haste, 33k mana pool, 2620 SP, almost 30% crit, and 230 mp5. Not too bad...

Overall I'd give you a 8/10. =D
    APOK! My server brother long time man.... I'm loving the 900+ haste..... 9/10 Bring that MP5 up

Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    Thoughness does not reduce stun durations. Only snares/roots, but its actually a very expensive talent for such a small reduction. Its a poor talent if you are not looking for a armor bonus (even for pvp).
    The talent thatreduce stun duration is Stoicism. Few people actually use it, but I think its far more useful than +dodge (we are always casting anyway), since it works with most of boss stuns (including Frost Blocks at KT). Its a amazing and cheap talent, I can't see a reason for not getting it.

The good thing about imp RF is that its a plain 6% dmg reduction. Toughness will change with your armor, and since we are going to wear some mail, improved RF will be far better for mitigation. There isn't a fight on ICC with agro issues yet, so I will keep it speced.

I've been known to piss tanks off when it comes to oozes on Rotface, but yeah, still worth far more than the armor IMHO. I spec stoicism as well, not so much for stun reduction, but because, honestly, if you're being punched by something that's dodge-able, chances are you're wiping already, and that's a raid boss in your face.

And, I just kinda realized, I never actually threw up my armory for rating through those many pages I rated people >_>

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Band+of+Thorns

Quick though on my spec: I was in sacred cleansing for faction champs, since we already had the imp auras covered in my raids. Its interchangable between imp devo or imp conc.

And the reason I'm specced for unyielding faith was also for faction champs, but it also helps with Festergut now, much more than Imp LoH would (Wisdom is covered in my raids)

Looks good....9.5/10. PvP weapon dings it a half point in a PvE build.

Here's mine: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...f&n=Bigchipper

This is my off-spec, so be gentle. My wrists and weapon have hit, but the haste was essential and the gem slot in the wrists was a bonus. All my gear is from off-spec rolls and triumph badges. Having fun learning to heal though.

for an offspec it looks pretty good

Might want to replace the crit trinket with an int one and that back peice is /cry lol
    but overall it looks like a pretty solid offspec

8/10

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...mer&n=Bluerage

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Rage
    for an offspec it looks pretty good

Might want to replace the crit trinket with an int one and that back peice is /cry lol
    but overall it looks like a pretty solid offspec

8/10

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...mer&n=Bluerage
    I'm not one for labelling people by a numbered rating =P, but, well, If any I guess an 8.5, -1 for the enchants, and -0.5 for letting me see the talisman equipped!

Helm//Shoulder enchants to Spell//mp5, and the 16 int on bracers usually isn't worth it over the 30 spellpower (Like the weapon enchant vs 63)\

T9 legs and chest are very "meh" and should probably be considered for replacement, (Crafted T9 cloth chest, Merlin's Robe is a great alternative if you can't get a ToC25 piece to drop)

Also, Talisman of Resurgence isn't that great, and you can get easier upgrades. From ulduar10 thorim hardmode, or from marrowgar10.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigchipper
    Looks good....9.5/10. PvP weapon dings it a half point in a PvE build.
    Do what I can with drops :-[

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kairu
    I'm not one for labelling people by a numbered rating =P, but, well, If any I guess an 8.5, -1 for the enchants, and -0.5 for letting me see the talisman equipped!

Helm//Shoulder enchants to Spell//mp5, and the 16 int on bracers usually isn't worth it over the 30 spellpower (Like the weapon enchant vs 63)\

T9 legs and chest are very "meh" and should probably be considered for replacement, (Crafted T9 cloth chest, Merlin's Robe is a great alternative if you can't get a ToC25 piece to drop)

Also, Talisman of Resurgence isn't that great, and you can get easier upgrades. From ulduar10 thorim hardmode, or from marrowgar10.

Do what I can with drops :-[
    Learn your class before you give stupid advice.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)