Hello, everybody!

I would like to know if there's a way to work with three spells for Warrior in a single key.

To cast "Victory Rush" and "Execute" whenever they're proc, and then "Heroic Strike" whenever is ready. I tried the basic macro...
    #showtooltip
    /cast Execute
    /cast Victory Rush
    /cast Heroic Strike
    But only Execute is triggered...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maldivh View Post
    Hello, everybody!

I would like to know if there's a way to work with three spells for Warrior in a single key.

To cast "Victory Rush" and "Execute" whenever they're proc, and then "Heroic Strike" whenever is ready. I tried the basic macro...

But only Execute is triggered...
    You can't macro together more than one ability that's on the GCD with the logic "use the right ability at the right time," essentially. Blizzard has purposely created the macro system to have limited "intelligence"--it can't have logic based on cooldowns or procs. (When you try to macro together more than one GCD-triggering ability, as you've seen, the macro will always attempt to use the first one in the list.)

The best you can do in terms of macroing those three abilities together is something like:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift] Execute;[mod:ctrl] Victory Rush;Heroic Strike

This will allow you to use one button for all three abilities, but you'll have to also hold down shift when pressing the button in order to make it Execute or hold down control while pressing the button to make it Victory Rush. In this example, if you press it without either of those modifiers, it'll Heroic Strike. You still have to decide when is the right time to use each ability (which is what Blizzard wants--you to decide that, rather than the macro), but it allows you to put three abilities on one key (as long as you're okay with using modifiers like shift and control).
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Deleted
    Hey guys!

I don't know if the following is possible, but maybe you can help me:

Code:
    #show
    /run [nocombat]"Zoom Out"
    /use [combat] Thorasus...
    By Zoom Out I mean to actually zoom out (like using Mousewheel) NOT "CameraMaxDistanceFactor".
    Is the [nocombat] pretext possible for "/run"?
    Does this command for zooming out exist?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Aht1 View Post
    Hey guys!

I don't know if the following is possible, but maybe you can help me:

Code:
    #show
    /run [nocombat]"Zoom Out"
    /use [combat] Thorasus...
    By Zoom Out I mean to actually zoom out (like using Mousewheel) NOT "CameraMaxDistanceFactor".
    Is the [nocombat] pretext possible for "/run"?
    Does this command for zooming out exist?

Thanks in advance!
    Everything after /run needs to be lua script so you can't use [nocombat]. Try this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Thorasus, the Stone Heart of Draenor
    /use [combat] Thorasus, the Stone Heart of Draenor
    /run if not InCombatLockdown() then CameraZoomIn(5) end

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quthar View Post
    Everything after /run needs to be lua script so you can't use [nocombat]. Try this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Thorasus, the Stone Heart of Draenor
    /use [combat] Thorasus, the Stone Heart of Draenor
    /run if not InCombatLockdown() then CameraZoomIn(5) end
    I had to use "ZoomOut" but it works

Thank you very much!
    Last edited by mmoc17c8bb4b4b; 2015-08-31 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    You can't macro together more than one ability that's on the GCD with the logic "use the right ability at the right time," essentially. Blizzard has purposely created the macro system to have limited "intelligence"--it can't have logic based on cooldowns or procs. (When you try to macro together more than one GCD-triggering ability, as you've seen, the macro will always attempt to use the first one in the list.)

The best you can do in terms of macroing those three abilities together is something like:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift] Execute;[mod:ctrl] Victory Rush;Heroic Strike

This will allow you to use one button for all three abilities, but you'll have to also hold down shift when pressing the button in order to make it Execute or hold down control while pressing the button to make it Victory Rush. In this example, if you press it without either of those modifiers, it'll Heroic Strike. You still have to decide when is the right time to use each ability (which is what Blizzard wants--you to decide that, rather than the macro), but it allows you to put three abilities on one key (as long as you're okay with using modifiers like shift and control).
    Omg, this is good! Thank you very much for your help *-* I'm using the "#showtooltip Execute" to display the shiny proc and so I can notice the VR and HS thanks to the visible proc on the screen and aura~ Again. Thank you! ♥

Trying to get this macro to work, not sure why it doesn't though... Dire Beast is on the global cooldown, i think is why it's being ignored when i try activating it.

Any help here?

#showtooltip Bestial Wrath
    /startattack
    /cast Bestial Wrath
    /cast A Murder of Crows
    /cast Dire Beast
    /use Primal Combatant's Badge of Conquest

The trinket part doesn't "have" to be in there, i only have that in there for when I do pve (yeah i only have one set unfortunately)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrFeelGood View Post
    Trying to get this macro to work, not sure why it doesn't though... Dire Beast is on the global cooldown, i think is why it's being ignored when i try activating it.

Any help here?

/startattack
    /cast Bestial Wrath
    /cast A Murder of Crows
    /cast Dire Beast

The trinket part doesn't "have" to be in there, i only have that in there for when I do pve (yeah i only have one set unfortunately)
    Both Dire Beast and A Murder of Crows are on the global cooldown, so when there's multiple spells on the GCD in a macro, the game will always try to fire the first one and ignore any after that. You'll need to use some conditionals, like shift, alt or control modifier keys.

Also, I believe that there's some weirdness with trinkets in macros, where you want to put it before any spells you're combining it with rather than after, or it may not fire. Don't quote me on that, but I seem to recall reading that at one point.

Something like this may work for you:

Code:
    /startattack
    /cast Bestial Wrath
    /cast [mod:shift] A Murder of Crows; Dire Beast

That will always cast Bestial Wrath when you press it (and start your auto-shot and use your trinket) but will cast AMOC if you hold shift when you press it and Dire Beast otherwise. (Preemptive hint: If you bind a macro like that to a number key and it doesn't work, make sure that shift-<whichever number> isn't already bound, because Blizzard has a bunch of default binds for shift and control modifiers to the number keys.)
    Last edited by shanthi; 2015-09-19 at 03:57 AM.

Deleted
    Sorry, wrong Thread.
    Last edited by mmoc4c68969c74; 2015-09-20 at 09:49 AM.

Hi, I tried to make a hunters pet macro for a Cat pet. It should cast Charge on target, then attack it and then cast Prowl and attack again. But after Charge it doesn use Prowl. Can some1 help me writing the correct macro for this?

~Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by DexterD View Post
    Hi, I tried to make a hunters pet macro for a Cat pet. It should cast Charge on target, then attack it and then cast Prowl and attack again. But after Charge it doesn use Prowl. Can some1 help me writing the correct macro for this?

~Dexter
    IIRC, i believe that Charge and Prowl are on the GCD so you'll need a key modifier for the Prowl cast.

read Shanthi's last post in this thread to see how to set it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    In addition, if you're using a castsequence, pet abilities don't work in cast sequences for some reason.

Also, you can't put a cat into Prowl during combat, I believe.

Deleted
    Hi, i'm trying to fuse these two macros but tbh i'm lost, anyone?

#showtooltip Counter Shot
    /cast [nomodifier] Counter Shot;[target=focus,modifier:alt] Counter Shot
    and

#showtooltip Counter Shot
    /cast [@mouseover,exists,harm,nodead] Counter Shot; Counter Shot
    Help greatly appreciated

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakra View Post
    Hi, i'm trying to fuse these two macros but tbh i'm lost, anyone?
    Assuming the combined behavior you want is to fire Counter Shot at your focus when holding alt or, otherwise, firing on your mouseover assuming it's a living enemy or, if you have no mouseover, just shooting it at your target, then:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus,mod:alt][@mouseover,harm,nodead][] Counter Shot

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    Assuming the combined behavior you want is to fire Counter Shot at your focus when holding alt or, otherwise, firing on your mouseover assuming it's a living enemy or, if you have no mouseover, just shooting it at your target, then:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus,mod:alt][@mouseover,harm,nodead][] Counter Shot
    Works like a charm, thanks alot!

Hey ppl,

Wanna bind " key as Rejuv. but not working..

ok = SetBindingSpell(""", "Rejuvenation")
    How can i fix that? Is there any specific name for it that working in addon?

Thanks.

Deleted
    Try switching the outer " to '. Both start and stop a string in lua and you won't have to escape the other one.
    If that won't work, you can try it with a total of 4 " to escape the one you want to bind.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsda View Post
    Try switching the outer " to '. Both start and stop a string in lua and you won't have to escape the other one.
    If that won't work, you can try it with a total of 4 " to escape the one you want to bind.
    Tried all but still not working. Thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by asdkafjd View Post
    Tried all but still not working. Thanks anyway.

Maybe I'm completely missing the point of what you're trying to do here, but can't you just put Rejuv on a (hidden?) bar somewhere, and use the in game key binding system to bind that key to "?

Quote Originally Posted by Rarch View Post
    Maybe I'm completely missing the point of what you're trying to do here, but can't you just put Rejuv on a (hidden?) bar somewhere, and use the in game key binding system to bind that key to "?
    I'm pvper and not have a single bar :/ and don't really wanna use addons. Just scripts, macros, etc.