Page 9 of 327 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    I think you have to be more accurate as in
    Code:
    /cast [modifer] Teleport: Ogrimmar
    for example
    Indeed. As far as warlocks go, I have a macro like this...
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:ctrl]Summon Felhunter;[mod:alt]Summon Voidwalker;[mod:shift]Summon Succubus;Summon Imp
    ...and it still works just fine. Now, if what you guys are trying to do is open that pop-up menu via a macro I think it would be overly complicated, if at all possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by perera View Post
    ...and it still works just fine. Now, if what you guys are trying to do is open that pop-up menu via a macro I think it would be overly complicated, if at all possible.
    Well... not open it with a macro, was just hoping it was possible to macro it so that right-clicking in it used a Soulburn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a way to create a macro that triggers a key bind?

I play around with macros a lot but would appreciate the ability to macro the key bind in instead of just the spell. Is it even possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruune View Post
    Is there a way to create a macro that triggers a key bind?

I play around with macros a lot but would appreciate the ability to macro the key bind in instead of just the spell. Is it even possible?
    You can't use keybinds but you can specify button on ActionBar.

Quote Originally Posted by WoW Wiki macro Guide
    Simulating button clicks

The /click command takes the name of a button and acts like you clicked the button with your mouse. By default, it behaves like a left-click, but you can specify other mouse buttons in the command. There are a few ways to determine the name of the frame you're interested in:

* You can use an addon. Some addons, including MoveAnything, give you a way to see the name of the frame underneath your mouse.
    * You can look through the UI code for the frame. This is really only applicable to people who are comfortable with addon programming.
    * You can bind the following macro by a key and then run it while your mouse over the frame in question:

/run local f = GetMouseFocus(); if f then DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(f:GetName()) end

/click can be used for many different purposes. You can chain together multiple macros by /click'ing buttons with other macros on them. For example, you might have a really long macro that doesn't fit into 255 characters. Put as much of it as you can in one macro and end it with the following line:

/click MultiBarRightButton1

The rest of the code would go into a new macro that you would then place on MultiBarRightButton1 (the first button of the right-hand vertical extra action bar).

You can also do things that normally wouldn't be available to macros. For instance, turning on auto-cast for a pet spell can't be done by Lua scripts and there isn't a secure command for it (until the next patch, at least). However, you can write a macro to pretend that you right-clicked on one of your pet bar buttons:

/click PetActionButton5 RightButton

This command will act like you right-clicked the 5th pet button from the left. The extra button parameter can also be LeftButton (the default), MiddleButton, Button4, or Button5.

On top of these uses, there are some more complex examples of /click branching towards the end of Part II.
    Action bar button names

As shown above, MultiBarRightButton1 refers to the first button of the right-hand vertical extra action bar. MultiBarRightButton2 refers to the second button, and so on. Names for buttons on each of the standard action bars are as follows, replacing the # with an appropriate number:

ActionButton# Main Bar*
    BonusActionButton# Dynamic bar that switches actions based on Druid Forms, Warrior Stances, and Rogue Stealth*
    MultiBarBottomLeftButton# Bottom Left Bar
    MultiBarBottomRightButton# Bottom Right Bar
    MultiBarRightButton# Right Bar
    MultiBarLeftButton# Right Bar 2 (to the left of "Right Bar")
    PetActionButton# Pet Bar
    ShapeshiftButton# Druid Forms, Paladin Auras, Warrior Stances, Death Knight Presences, Rogue Stealth

* The BonusActionBarFrame frame replaces the ActionBarFrame frame for all Druids, Warriors, and Rogues and /click ActionButton# and /click BonusActionButton# do the same thing for these classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vodamir View Post
    ok i am going to try this here to see if there is any better response

I am having some trouble with my macros since this new patch and was wondering if anyone had some info that could help.

I am trying to get a macro similar to this working

#showtootip Chimera Shot
    /cast !auto shot
    /cast Chimera Shot

but for some reason when I macro that it never moves beyond the autoshot. Does anyone have any information on why this worked before the patch and now does not?

i am NOT looking for a copy and paste macro i am looking for information about if something has changed or if this is a bug.
    i don't know, but have you tried:

#showtooltip
    /startattack
    /cast Chimera Shot?

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    i don't know, but have you tried:

#showtooltip
    /startattack
    /cast Chimera Shot?
    He's trying to get a free auto-shot cast off with the macro. I assume it's a glitch that blizz just overlooked that might not work anymore

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    If I wanted to make a macro that casts Haunt if available, otherwise casts shadowbolt, would

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=8/target Haunt, Shadow Bolt, Shadow Bolt, Shadow Bolt

be the most effective way of doing that?
    If your only question is what is the destination, you need to think more about the journey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone got a Profession macro to Link in Trade chat like how i can link my enchanting book in trade chat but as a macro?

When i macro my Hyper speed accel eng wenchant to my steadyshot, it works fine but either bring up "Another action is in progress" or "Item is not ready yet" in the middle of my screen. is there a way to remove those?

Quote Originally Posted by Chippedice View Post
    When i macro my Hyper speed accel eng wenchant to my steadyshot, it works fine but either bring up "Another action is in progress" or "Item is not ready yet" in the middle of my screen. is there a way to remove those?
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...rorfilter.aspx

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalhen View Post
    If I wanted to make a macro that casts Haunt if available, otherwise casts shadowbolt, would

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=8/target Haunt, Shadow Bolt, Shadow Bolt, Shadow Bolt

be the most effective way of doing that?
    Yes, but that's suboptimal. reset=8 resets 8 seconds after the latest press, not 8 seconds after the first press.

Ahh dang well thanks for the help... I was hoping to count the CD into the macro so I wouldnt have to add it in as I feel it is kind of a clunky mechanic... adding it to the macro spam would make me miss it if MC proc... Guess I am just gonna have to stop being a scrub and L2P my character again...lol

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    so is there a way to make it reset 8 seconds after first press?
    If your only question is what is the destination, you need to think more about the journey.

I used to use a macro similar to this when I dabbled with affliction in WotLK. It was OK.
    I think I started out with two Shadowbolts per cycle, but as I got more haste and needed to apply less dots (Siphon Life, Immolate) then three worked out well most of the time.
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=8 Haunt,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt

So im in search for a macro to: /cast wrath and whenever starsurge is from cooldown it casts starsurge with the same button.

C.M.S, My favorite thing to start the morning with.

Not possible. Make a PowerAura to show when Starsurge is usable so you know when to hit it asap.

Deleted
    I'm having problem using this macro

#showtooltip Shuffling Shoes
    /run if GetUseCooldown("Shuffling Shoes") == 0 then SendChatMessage("Run fool! Run! ","Say") end
    /use Shuffling Shoes

any idea why it wont work? the idea is to say "Run fool! Run!" when im using rocketboots. I get to the point where im using the boots but without my wanted chatfunction!

I'm not 100% sure but I believe that Say needs to be made into SAY, and I'm assuming that Shuffling Shoes is the name of the boots you have it on. Also, the second value returned by GetSpellCooldown returns 0 if the spell is ready to be cast, (IE select(2,GetSpellCooldown("Starfall") would return 0 if Starfall has no cooldown left.
    Also, I don't think GetUseCooldown is a function, but I could be wrong, they may have added it in Cata, haven't had a chance to check.

The easiest way I can think of doing that is using "ThatJustHappened", I'm sure you can do it through a macro though. Just wait for lawomous or Treeston to post.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

Deleted
    Code:
    local a = CreateFrame("Frame")
    a:SetScript("OnEvent", function(self, event, ...)
        self.pguid = self.pguid or UnitGUID("player")
        local arg = {...}
        if arg[2] == "SPELL_AURA_APPLIED" and ((arg[3] == self.pguid) or (arg[6] == self.pguid)) and arg[9] == 54861 then
            SendChatMessage("Run, fool! Run!", "SAY")
        end
    end)
    a:RegisterEvent("COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED")
    Untested. How to use. Report back with issues.

PS: Just use boots normally, what I posted filters the combat log.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2010-10-17 at 06:42 PM.