Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daegalus View Post
    It also has be very strongly hinted that it would be a Steampunk or Cyberpunk setting.
    Eww. No thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cekken View Post
    People keep mentioning that Blizzard 'wouldn't make something to directly compete with their cash cow (WoW)', while failing to take into consideration a new MMO regardless of competition with WoW, is still made by BLIZZARD... they're just going to make MORE profits, not less, since its still the same company that owns both. Hello, common sense here, are you available?
    Not to mention the fact that companies of all type and manor create products that compete with themseleves constantly...

Quote Originally Posted by Hethalion View Post
    I'm crossing my fingers for World of Diablo! So I can leave this cartoonish game.
    I forgot Blizzard was forcing us to play, those little rascals...

Quote Originally Posted by mahananaka View Post
    I believe WoW was in development for near 2 years before they unveiled it. Then then took like another 2 before it was released. I would not be surprised if similar things happened with this new MMO. Which btw means I think they'll finally unveil it at this Blizzcon. At least I can hope .
    following this logic , the new MMO should be released in ... 2012!!! cataclysm!!! ^^

Say no to "steampunk." Even the term... it's annoying. Something similar to what a first/third person Fallout game could be if it were an MMO, even though Interplay is working on a Fallout MMO... who knows if it will ever see the light of day or if it will be any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Onos View Post
    It most likely still is. Consider the fact that they worked on SC2 more or less for 10 years, yet we only heard about it for the last 2 years.

And based on that information it will not be World of Starcraft, it is supposed to be new IP.
    10 years if you round up from 6 to 10.
    Last edited by alien1099; 2010-09-18 at 04:30 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hethalion View Post
    I'm crossing my fingers for World of Diablo! So I can leave this cartoonish game.
    so many people just cant get passed the part where it could be a Completely NEW story/whatever you want to call it. you do realize blizzard can make new games without it falling into the WoW/Starcraft/Diablo category.

Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    so many people just cant get passed the part where it could be a Completely NEW story/whatever you want to call it. you do realize blizzard can make new games without it falling into the WoW/Starcraft/Diablo category.
    you are forgetting a little detail... blizzard DID say that it'S gonna be a completely new story

first there was Warcraft then there was world of warcraft
    then there was starcraft and NOW WORLD OF STARCRAFT OMGAAAAD!!!!111!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vorack View Post
    Probably exactly what they're planning to do.

Assuming this is true, we're probably not going to see their "next gen mmo" for a long, long, time. Wow will indefinitely continue to dominate the mmo market for years to come and they know it. For this reason, their new mmo is likely pretty low priority atm.
    My thoughts too.
    They let WoW dominate the market for a few years from now. This gives them enough time to perfect and optimize their new MMO to a higher thing that WoW now is. With WoW they made mistakes and solutions for those mistakes. They have learned a lot of this how they can do right from the beginning with their new MMO.
    If i may believe this website, http://www.blizzardnewmmo.com/Main_Page, i have an idea in mind what the MMO possibly can be. It think we have a change to get a MMO for HALO-like/or Final Fantasy-like game. Don't forget Bungie (the creator of the Halo games) has joined Activion Blizzard and i am pretty sure they get involved in this project as well.

They said "new franchise". I hope cataclysm will be the last expansion.
    So we can all hop together into the new 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dura View Post
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/6275995...es%3Btitle%3B6
    intresting?

edit: blizzard + bungie = Halo universe online?

Humm, i guess we have a winner.

World of Halo.... the story beehind Halo is really great. I just hope it will be more than just a shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagdar View Post
    Humm, i guess we have a winner.

World of Halo.... the story beehind Halo is really great. I just hope it will be more than just a shooter.
    ONly too bad the name Halo cannot be used. It's property of Microsoft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever the new Blizzard mmo is, let this be known...

I call the names Kalyyn and Kyeri, and anyone who takes them before me shall be beaten with a shovel until such time when they delete said characters.

Cool They know what you've been playing

Quote Originally Posted by THE Paladin View Post
    Why would it matter if they converted some people from WoW to their new MMO... They still would be making the money... Your argument is pretty flawed.
    Exactly.

They released Starcraft 2, knowing that people like me would stop playing WoW - for awhile - to play SC2.

But through the magic of unified Blizzard logons, they know when I am playing Wow, and when I am playing SC2.

Adding a 3rd or 4th game to my Blizzard account shouldn't hurt their bottom line too much... as long as it is keeping me from having any time to consider a competing game!!!

If it's not star/war/diablo thing, then i'm not in. That's the only thing i know about The NEXT Blizzard MMO.

Blizzard may also be keeping the market cornered. Part controlling big business isn't just attracting new customers it's also about innovation and retaining your customer base. If Blizzard releases a new MMO about the time Cata ends it will be a perfect time, because most MMO's that make it 2+ expansions start heavily declining when the 4th expansion is announced. Looking at older MMOs (albeit with smaller subscription rates) Everquest, DAOC, CoH, FF11, Guild Wars, Lineage, EQ2, Lineage 2. All of those MMOs had over 2 expansions and all of them had there subscriber base suddenly dip during the 3rd expansion or shortly after the release of the 4th.

I don't mean to say WoW will die in Cata or even after. I love WoW and will probably play it well into the future, but if Blizzard wants to hold onto it's market it's going to need something new and fresh. That could be the purpose of there new MMO. Just like someone had said previously, it's not necesarily bad if Blizzard takes you away from WoW just as long as they take you away from different companies, because weather you play WoW, MW2, or Halo, you're actually playing for Activision-Blizzard.

I don't think they'll be revealing it at this BlizzCon. Cataclysm is being released in the following month so why would they put another game out there already? I'd say maybe next year or even the 2012. All I know is that it's going to be awesome.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odexy View Post
    I'd imagine Cataclysm isn't our last expansion, and it'll probably last a year or two in itself... So, I'd imagine they're really not going to create an mmo that would take money away from their main cash cow.
    It wouldn't matter, either way, they would win.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    I forgot Blizzard was forcing us to play, those little rascals...
    They do if I'm addicted. I would nerdrage at my local kiosk if they stopped selling Malboro Fresh and I would be "forced" to smoke normal ones instead, right? ;O
    Last edited by mmocfcdfd48e5e; 2010-09-18 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    My thoughts too.
    They let WoW dominate the market for a few years from now. This gives them enough time to perfect and optimize their new MMO to a higher thing that WoW now is. With WoW they made mistakes and solutions for those mistakes. They have learned a lot of this how they can do right from the beginning with their new MMO.
    If i may believe this website, http://www.blizzardnewmmo.com/Main_Page, i have an idea in mind what the MMO possibly can be. It think we have a change to get a MMO for HALO-like/or Final Fantasy-like game. Don't forget Bungie (the creator of the Halo games) has joined Activion Blizzard and i am pretty sure they get involved in this project as well.
    you do realize it's more likely not gonna be a mmorpg but something like a mmofps that lets almost no experience at all from wow to be helpful?