Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, nice plants vs. zombies. That game was pretty awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Three expansions, eleven tiers in, and now they've gone and ruined the Hunter tier nomenclature (-Stalker). I don't even main a hunter and this upsets me for some reason D:

I am excited about the Plants vs Zombies game though

A rogue is an assassin class; who hides in the shadows with daggers/swords, ready to strike unsuspecting opponents. Dark colors with maybe some red has always suited this type of class. Instead we will get a tier that makes us look like a rainbow...

i actually like healing changes. Healers who moan about running out of mana are afraid that ppl will notice that they astually suck when they cant spamm 1 button 15min.

now there is another issue that Blizzard is continuously ignoring.
    Thats a CLONE issue.

I see there are 3 sets with only difference in color.
    They are keeping WotLK system which is totally fail system.
    I as disco priest in 277 do not want to look exactly the same as shadow priest in 251. Not to mention there are offset items that look, again, THE SAME so i can be a clone of locks and mages wearing them.
    System get 1st set then upgrade it by changing color is a stupid stupid idea and shows lack of interest in player base needs and comments.
    Why is that?
    Im sure fury warriors dont want to look like tanks, or druids like boomkins. At least they could do is to add a little upgrades that clearly states "i raid HM,or hard content" or something. Bot just a freaking color. I dont want do wear the same set for 6 months ffs.

Lemme refer to you to a thread going on EU forums regarding that (there is link in there for US forums too):
    Edit: It seems i cant post links until i post a few times but thread is in blizzard forum/cataclysm/ vanity slots gear 2 ( not discussing only about that but vanity but all kinds of armor diversity)

We could use all the support we can get, Blizz cannot ignore is players for too long.
    Last edited by phyx; 2010-09-20 at 12:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    .... And I think BLizzard will find out soon enough that even more ppl will go dps and even tanking - rather than playing the complicated healing class that gets all the blame when things go wrong.
    THIS.
    I have played tank/dps/healer in LK, and still the most complicated role is healer. I think that solving the riddle of how to make instances hard without without burning out the healers is the key to stopping blizzard with their current braindead plan.

Who is Blizzard hiring for these sets? They are fug-ugly and uninspired.

A rogue with glowing blue gear on? No one will EVER see that guy. Might as well have a sign on him that says "EAT AT JOES!"

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    You've got wrong talent calculator for discipline priest:

you have (Grace stucks 2 times)

must be: Cataclysm Beta - Build 12984 (Codename Puppy) - Grace now stacks up to 3 times, up from 2 times.

Plz correct it.

Deleted
    If they wanted to make all stats desirable, why did they make haste and crit way more powerful for shadow priests? At the moment we'll need like 9k haste/crit rating for mastery to break even. All mastery gear is crap for shadow basically.
    Last edited by mmoc72bf0cf9d8; 2010-09-20 at 12:37 PM.

That druid set looks amazing!

No Worgen Mounts??? WTF OMFG Jesus Fcks Sh!t!

Seriously, Bli² should stop treating us like asswipes...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mikisulu View Post
    THIS.
    I have played tank/dps/healer in LK, and still the most complicated role is healer. I think that solving the riddle of how to make instances hard without without burning out the healers is the key to stopping blizzard with their current braindead plan.
    I'm pretty much in agreement here also. Typically making things harder involves more damage to the tank, or more AoE damage, or both. Which then falls on the shoulders of the healers to "fix everything faster".

I used to heal in the "downranking" days, so I'd like to say I'm at least familiar with kind of what style blizzard is going for, but that doesn't really make it any more comforting.

Really, what they almost need to do to make things more difficult is to a) make puddles of death (You stand in puddle for more than 3 seconds, you are dead, outright dead. No massive health loss, no % loss of health over time, you stand in fire, and you die) so that they can't blame the healer and b) enrage timers. That way the healers aren't neccessarily banging their head against the wall every encounter. I am pretty worried that, since I've been a tank for so long, I'll have to retire that and go back to healing because good healers may be even more scarce than normal.

Also, Plants vs Zombies? In MY WoW? It's like my two worst obsessions combined. This is awful and fantastic at the same time. Fantastiawful.

Also also, I think the druid set looks great, and the rogue one may look better after it's properly implimented, seems like theres a few glowing effects that may be off.
    Also, it seems like it'd look great if you just turn off the helm. So it's just like Tier 8 basically for rogues.

Folks implying that the sets are "so bad/awful/looks like they let their kids design it" are really going a bit overboard. These are only two of the sets, only one looks questionable, and doesn't every round of Tier gear have at least one medicore set compared to the others? Deep breath, folks. I'm sure they'll be fine.
    Last edited by Katana Angel; 2010-09-20 at 01:09 PM.

So is it a different colour per spec?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CarnatiaSpiritfield View Post
    So is it a different colour per spec?
    It's probably like the WotLK setup - different color for heroic gear, for the off-set gear (IE, a piece of gear that's not actually tier but has equivalent stats), and then the regular set of gear.

Since there's no longer a difference in 10/25 ilevel they don't need the extra color set to differentiate between those two levels, also.

First off, unless warrior tanks have started using Mortal Strike and Bloodthirst, I think the set bonuses for warriors are labeled backwards >.>

Secondly, I -like- the new healing model. I've been healing for about 6 years on my paladin in endgame content, and WotLK was hands down the -worst- healing the game has to offer. The skill involved is minimal. All you do is pick your best heal (Disc bubble, Holy CoH/renew, Resto tree Rejuv/WG, Restosham CH, Holypal HL or FoL (if your thick)), and push it on anyone and everyone that takes damage. Yes, you may push other buttons every now and then, but at the end of the night, one heal takes home gold in the % of use olympics. Its less surgical, and more "Here is your heal bat. Smack your raid with it". Healing should be about using an appropriate heal for an appropriate situation. In the context of Wrath, this is impossible, because the time between 100% and dead is a few seconds, tops. Assuming damage lightens up a bit and you have more time before a player is dead, the new model makes the game much more fun, and calls for you to use the right tool to fix a problem.

Back in BC, there was a quote I loved about holy paladins. "If a pally wants to drive a nail, he hits it with a hammer. If he wants to saw a plank, he hits it with a hammer, only harder."

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    We never get what we want. We are allways disappointed. We are the WoW Community.

Hmm, finally a druid-ish looking set.. Or I think so.. With the feathers, not sure about the colors.

I do not understand the t11 feral 4 piece bonus. Mangle as stated by blizz is not as strong as shred and will never be, but the bonus procs off mangle. I do not have any real problem with the bonus procing off it but the duration is only 30 seconds and that means needing to mangle twice as often. I think it would be better to proc off of the finisher abilities or have a proc icd off of shred. or have the duration last 61 seconds so the druid doesnt need to mangle as often.

To sum up those models - "lol".

Quote Originally Posted by Katana Angel View Post
    It's probably like the WotLK setup - different color for heroic gear, for the off-set gear (IE, a piece of gear that's not actually tier but has equivalent stats), and then the regular set of gear.

Since there's no longer a difference in 10/25 ilevel they don't need the extra color set to differentiate between those two levels, also.
    OH right that makes sense. To me when i saw it, three specs, three differently named gear, maybe 3 different colours? lol Note to self wake up more before processing.