Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by swiftfeet View Post
    Hmm, guess it stops players who can only farm upto the first boss that drops a tier token getting a whole set, now they will need to actually progress through the raid to get a full set.
    oh snap, u be on dese boards :c
    Lokann ogar!
    /brofist
    lotharion: "inserting the Lich King as a scooby doo villain didn't exactly make him scary in the slightest."

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like it personally .. If only they'd have done this in ICC times so many PUG's would have been spared from Saurfang ninjas.
    Insert Signiture here.

I hope they don't bring tokens back. I absolutely hated them, and loved using Emblems(points now.) I'm an ex-hardcore raider turned casual. Everyone can agree that spending a month running a raid for a specific token to drop, and when it finally does having it go to someone else sucks.

I like the Justice/Conquest Points concept. Heroics/old tier Raids give Justice, and current tier Raids give Conquest. And when a new tier comes out, all your current Conquest gets transfer to Justice. That way casuals can use Justice, while hardcore-raiders use Conquest.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    They need to make a way of being able to trade tokens, perhaps 2 conqueror for 1 vanquisher or whatever. That was the problem in TBC in that often, people went for months on end with an "undergeared" item because RNG was detemined to screw up any chance of upgrade. I remember in about 4 months constant farming, we only had 4 or so T6 Paladin/Priest/Lock glove tokens, and 3 of those dropped in the same run.

Now, the problem with WotLK is these people who thought because they could get a full 5/5 of 264 and were "hardcore" because they managed 4/12 eventually became the types relying on Gearscore when forming raids, potentially screwing over someone with the experience and achievements and gear.

Overall, i approve of this change but they need to make sure that we don't get TBC-Raid-Token-Syndrome all over again. Making chest and helm tokens drop from the end bosses was always a good idea, but having such crazy RNG screwing you over week after week was incredibly frustrating, especially if you only needed 1 more piece for a set bonus.
    why it was annoying, I ran nax10 weekly with my guild at the time, after 3 months i finally got my legs. I bought my chest and got the gloves in OS after i think 3 months. But I also could say hey I have T7 while people who couldnt grasp Nax where walking around in heroic gear and maybe where able to afford a peice of T7. I felt more epic, yes it sucked alot. But in my current guild Im a hunter, our group has one other hunter, 1 warrior and one shaman. And thats for 25mans. So after our warrior who is our MT gets his, and our shaman who is heals its between me and another hunter, and ill likly get them before him, as he isnt always around and we sometimes get to pug to replace him. And the other part is even if we pug in hunters, our guild runs with the rules, tokens go to guild, if guild members dont need them, then the pugs may roll for them.

It's gonna be pally/priest/wl EVERY DAMN TIME again...well, I still like the change...adds excitement to the loot.

Like ive said before I think blizzard will stick with the current system they have. Tier 9 was all badges then upgrades were through major raids etc. Tier 10 was the same, badges then upgrades with Original peice + token or lucky drop from VOA for 2/5. I think Tier 11 will be no different i think you will get points through bosses from raids and dungeons bosses like blizzard stated, then you use those points for Gear and tier 11, of course to make sure noobs cant just farm everything the raids will have tokens + higher points <conquest> that must be obtained through the upper level bosses giving players access to the top tier Armors etc. I enjoy this system cause it gives new raiding players a chance to get geared for bigger raids, and it allows the major raiding guilds the ability to get the Higher end gear that pugs usually cant access.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yessss. Putting aside how you get them I love having the full Tiers.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Belian View Post
    ^ This

As I say they're probably following the same pattern they did with ICC, Get tier with Valor points, upgrade it with token. gg.
    this is correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    I welcome tokens back and thought the whole system after Ulduar was retarded. I would prefer they make the tokens apply for all classes though. The class token system really screws over 10m guilds with multiple specs of same classes. A raid could theoretically be made of just rogues, DKs, mages, and druids. In fact, that is the bulk of our guild if you add pally and shaman in there.

Raids do not require the diversity of classes as in the past. Therefore, this old class based token system goes directly against the goal of making putting raids together more forgiving. It would really suck if some ppl were pretty much forced into playing another toon just because the token they would need is in too much demand within the guild.

To all of you thinking that there will be 3 ilvls for each tier again, you are incredibly mistaken. 10s and 25s will drop same ilvl. Hard/heroic will most likely drop extra items like Ulduar. I think that almost everyone will agree that Ulduar had just about everything right and things got stupid afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortillagirl View Post
    i dont mind the ability to buy 2 pirces of teir like they did wuth t7 and t8

Purely because sometimes, yes rng just is never on your side. took something like 10 torim 25man kills to finally see a pala/priest/lock teir helm drop.

As long as you cant farm the full set from just badges its good.
    this, oddly enough it was the same token rofl.

though they are the first raids of the xpack, maybe they will bring back super-tokens for the last raid of cata, who knows.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    This makes me happy. Hopefully cuts back on the token QQ that was ICC >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Tortillagirl View Post
    i dont mind the ability to buy 2 pirces of teir like they did wuth t7 and t8

Purely because sometimes, yes rng just is never on your side. took something like 10 torim 25man kills to finally see a pala/priest/lock teir helm drop.

As long as you cant farm the full set from just badges its good.
    This^, Partial tier is nice from badges with a mix to get the rest requiring raid gear to actually... come from a raid.

When Ulduar was new, it was nice to see someone with more than the head and shoulders. You knew they had actually progressed a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Medivhe View Post
    Not all of them. And not from the start.(if i remember correctly)
    From the start But you are correct, I think it was only two. Or 2 conqueror and 2 Valor or what it was called back in uld.

Quote Originally Posted by valcrist View Post
    Like ive said before I think blizzard will stick with the current system they have. Tier 9 was all badges then upgrades were through major raids etc. Tier 10 was the same, badges then upgrades with Original peice + token or lucky drop from VOA for 2/5. I think Tier 11 will be no different i think you will get points through bosses from raids and dungeons bosses like blizzard stated, then you use those points for Gear and tier 11, of course to make sure noobs cant just farm everything the raids will have tokens + higher points <conquest> that must be obtained through the upper level bosses giving players access to the top tier Armors etc. I enjoy this system cause it gives new raiding players a chance to get geared for bigger raids, and it allows the major raiding guilds the ability to get the Higher end gear that pugs usually cant access.

I don't know why everyone hates on the T10 scheme. It's by far the best they've implemented. Though, I think the removal of class restrictions on the tokens would be better yet, but then I really, really hate RNG. Maybe specific slot restrictions (Head/Shoulders/Chest/Gloves/Leggings). E.G. instead of Saurfang dropping two tokens for who-knows-what classes, he'd just drop two glove tokens for any class. But having a 'base' Tier set purchasable with emblems (and then used with the tokens to upgrade to higher tier sets) allows alts to still get sufficient gear to be able to sub-in if needed, but mains will remain better-geared. I think making 3 different sets of tier gear, however, is a mistake and I was under the impression that there would only be 2 sets: a 'non heroic' and a 'heroic' set, specifically to reduce the power gap between tiers and not have to deal with such stat inflation as we've had in both BC and WotLK.

I do not, in the least, understand the "other people have what I have and that makes me sad" culture that so horribly manifests in this game. I really don't see how what other people have affects your game (/CareAboutPvP). If anything a population with higher average gear-quality will increase the speed/enjoyment of your heroic runs and other PuG-ventures. I mean, isn't that the whole thing with GearScore? >GS = >Group?

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by boseguy22 View Post
    When Ulduar was new, it was nice to see someone with more than the head and shoulders. You knew they had actually progressed a bit.
    Or they'd gotten carried. <.<

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    I welcome tokens back and thought the whole system after Ulduar was retarded. I would prefer they make the tokens apply for all classes though. The class token system really screws over 10m guilds with multiple specs of same classes. A raid could theoretically be made of just rogues, DKs, mages, and druids. In fact, that is the bulk of our guild if you add pally and shaman in there.

Raids do not require the diversity of classes as in the past. Therefore, this old class based token system goes directly against the goal of making putting raids together more forgiving. It would really suck if some ppl were pretty much forced into playing another toon just because the token they would need is in too much demand within the guild.

To all of you thinking that there will be 3 ilvls for each tier again, you are incredibly mistaken. 10s and 25s will drop same ilvl. Hard/heroic will most likely drop extra items like Ulduar. I think that almost everyone will agree that Ulduar had just about everything right and things got stupid afterwards.
    Name a guild that "pretty muched forced certain members into playing other toons because gear or tokens in this case were in high demand".

That doesn't even make sense.

First off...raiding because you only want gear is a joke.
    Raiding for progression, world rank, or just for fun is what it should be about otherwise...your doing it wrong.

You seem to be complaining about the situation as applicable to your guild and yet say your guild consists of rogues, dks, mages, druids, pallys, and shamans. You just named a ton of classes.

I could MAYBE understand your frustration if you found a raid made of completely druids or 2 classes maximum and thereof someone may go weeks without a drop due to RNG, DKP, or any combination of reasons.

This system is what it needs to be.

Buying tier sets with emblems or points is just completely stupid. I for one do not care nor did I once feel upset about going weeks in BC without a token either because it didn't drop or because I was very low on the DKP list.

To me many of the arguments against this just sound like impatient kids who want want want now now now.

Do you want a raid boss to drop a piece of loot for every class in the raid every time you kill them?

The ICC method of token's and buying tier gear with emblems was just plain simple...idiotic and a mess.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what I am hoping!
    Doctor Octopus : 80 Asura Warrior
    Captain McNuggets : 80 Human Mesmer
    Professor McNuggets : 36 Asura Engineer
    General McNuggets: 11 Sylvari Thief

Quote Originally Posted by Fabious View Post
    To me many of the arguments against this just sound like impatient kids who want want want now now now.
    Or, you know, people with lives who want their alts to be more than useless...

ewwww..I remember having to farm for 8 months in kara to get my helm..yes 8 months my token would not drop at all. Then it finally dropped after 6 months, and I let the tank have it. I was so frustrated till it dropped again..

I love making tier harder to get, but that should have been done by 2 pieces at most from badge..With the same 2 pieces dropping from the PVP boss..The rest should have to come from the raid..Even if they made only the last 5 bosses in a tier drop it and not the front or first bosses..Just not the crappy gear block that this will bring..

If they do this they need to give guilds Loot id's and make sure they are somewhat similar chances to get each tier in guilds.

This work of art was made by Paz.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Victory!

I honestly don't mind the system at all, tbh the TOC way was a bit stupid, it could've worked but due to the fact there were So many people after the orbs or w/e they were caused a lot of whining and rage quitting in pugs, it happens a lot less if only 1/3rd of the people in your raid get disheartened by drops rather than all of them.