Page 1 of 2
LastLast

epic flying cost

Anyone know if the epic flying cost will be reduced? (the 280% one), since it seems so silly to have 280% cost 5k and 310% cost 5k.

Quote Originally Posted by kaashji View Post
    Anyone know if the epic flying cost will be reduced? (the 280% one), since it seems so silly to have 280% cost 5k and 310% cost 5k.
    don't have an answer for you..but my alt is eagerly waiting to find out =)

15+ Year Old Account
    It's 13k, just because people keep asking.
    BfA Beta Time

nope, same price as in Wotlk. Cold weather flying on the other hand, is getting a gold reduction.

It won't.

And on top of that, you'll have to pay 250G to fly in in Azeroth.

It's not being reduced. 310% is a luxury. If you don't want to pay for it, get yourself a 310% and get it for free on the rest of your mounts. Moreover, you're going to be rolling in Scrooge McDuck-sized moneybins of gold if you complete every quest in Cataclysm's 80-85 zones. I paid for epic flying on my characters just by getting Northrend Loremaster achieves, which is amusingly easy and doesn't take all that long.

Normal Flying use to be 60 % and 280 % a luxus.
    310 % use to be something only raider got (Phonix) and later Proto Drake.

What you pay 5 k for is not only the abilty to fly 310 % on epic flying, but on all (means you can use a normal flying mount and it will fly 310%).

Also you get it for free after 1 year (Violet Proto Drake)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    It's not being reduced. 310% is a luxury. If you don't want to pay for it, get yourself a 310% and get it for free on the rest of your mounts. Moreover, you're going to be rolling in Scrooge McDuck-sized moneybins of gold if you complete every quest in Cataclysm's 80-85 zones. I paid for epic flying on my characters just by getting Northrend Loremaster achieves, which is amusingly easy and doesn't take all that long.
    i'm not quite sure if you get it for free if you have or obtain an actual 310% mount like frostbroodvanquisher or rusted proto ( realy easy to do ) because on test realm all mounts even the 310%'s are reduced to 280. and it sucks to fly with the bloodbathed frostbrood vanquisher threw nordend with slowmotion ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylienaja View Post
    i'm not quite sure if you get it for free if you have or obtain an actual 310% mount like frostbroodvanquisher or rusted proto ( realy easy to do ) because on test realm all mounts even the 310%'s are reduced to 280. and it sucks to fly with the bloodbathed frostbrood vanquisher threw nordend with slowmotion ...
    Slow motion, With 30% less speed? D:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnom View Post
    Slow motion, With 30% less speed? D:
    jip

the frostbrood vanquisher looks like harmstringed it looks ugly the animation is for 310% not 280% you realy feel like 15 fps flying or something

Deleted
    Ah right, makes sense.

Moreover, you're going to be rolling in Scrooge McDuck-sized moneybins of gold if you complete every quest in Cataclysm's 80-85 zones.
    Life is like a hurricane Here in Duckburg Race cars, lasers, aeroplanesIt's a duck-blur Might solve a mystery Or rewrite history!!!!!!!!!!!!

DUCKTAILS!!!

epic.

Deleted
    In honor hold epic flying is 4500g

Quote Originally Posted by Siegfiend View Post
    In honor hold epic flying is 4500g
    That's because honor hold is subject to reputation. If you're exalted, it's 4k.

It's not being reduced. 310% is a luxury.
    Exactly this ^

310% is a luxury. If you think it's too expensive don't buy it. But since many people we're paying 5k+ for special mounts with 310%, I guess the riding trainer decided to cash in on it.

That was/is either a bug, or for testing. It was also supposed to be a level 85 skill, but currently it's available at 80.

They have said that people with a 310% mount will be gifted the skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    That was/is either a bug, or for testing. It was also supposed to be a level 85 skill, but currently it's available at 80.

My Azure Drake (280 %) say 310 % Fly/100 % ground speed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post

i hate the proxy at work here .. cant read ptr forum ...

so they also said palyers who not purcahse cataclysm will be able to fly in the old world ...

but i think it doesnt realy matters to me i'll be going to play 10 chars to 85 so i think the two whitch can fly fast at least are able to buy the 310% skill ( both has 310% mounts atm so maybe i'm lucky^^)

As mentioned numerous times the cost is indeed becoming trivial, unless of course you have a large amount of alts which you require the increased skill(s) on, in my case with a full character selection screen of flying eligible characters I have just given up buying the increased speed due to a couple of reasons.

1.) Unless the character has a gathering profession I rarely have the need to travel anywhere for any length of time.

2.) LFG, no one has to travel to meeting stones any more, with my last 4 80's I have just reached 80 and parked them up in Dalaran and jumped between there and the characters racial home city.

My only question towards the skill(s) is one which is probably me thinking far too much about it:

This is taken from the official WoW site; "the denizens of Outland have adapted and learned to harness some of the indigenous species as flying mounts, allowing adventurers to reach even the most remote and dangerous regions of this wild, untamed world."

Yet you can buy a gryphon or a bat which can be found at any flight path on Azeroth but 225 gold to fly around a broken world is not too bad.

Cold weather flying, yeah right, we have just come from flying around in space, trust me when you get to a certain hight it is bloody freezing, so I want to know if it is so cold in Northrend then why can I not buy a Wolvar skin coat to protect my character as he travels on his super skilled and climate adapting mount.

(I'm still looking over this part, was sure I read you would have to pay again to fly back on Azeroth) Now back to Azeroth and great, while I have been away some big ass Dragon has just ripped it into shreds and suddenly my flying mount has gone on strike. So to get him back up in the air I need to pull out more cash.

You would think a mount that can fly is space, severe cold and that originated here on Azeroth would be able to fly on its own turf, but no. However if they called it a Kings/War chiefs flying tax to make up for the loss in business of the taxi service I would have understood.
    Your heart became proud on account of your beauty, and you corrupted your wisdom because of your splendor.

so they also said palyers who not purcahse cataclysm will be able to fly in the old world ...
    Sadly has a CM sad in a post that Flying only be avalibel for Cataclysm owner