Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Are you happy with the amount on dungeons?

Hey guys, I was just reading the Cataclysm FAQ on Blizzard's site and it said there's 8 dungeons coming up at Cata's launch, and it felt kinda short so I looked up how many dungeons where there when WOTLK launched and there were 11 dungeons... I don't know about you guys, but seems to me that 8 dungeons will get old a lot faster than 11 when we played WOTLK. Is this info accurate or is that FAQ dated or something? What are your thoughts?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well from the beta videos i have seen all the dungeons looks alot harder then the WOTLK ones so i think we will have our hands full for a long while. There will be more CC and diffrent mechanics for the trash and some bosses might actually be hard to kill unlike wotlk's faceroll bosses.
    Quote Originally Posted by addictedtotoads
    also i vote that warriors have a 10% chance to trip while charging and roll until you hit a wall or fall off a cliff!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quality over Quantity

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ppr View Post
    Quality over Quantity
    this

Well, i guess i can only hope so...

ehhh heroic dungeons are just a filler while waiting on the rest of your raid to lvl to 85

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fujisaw View Post
    ehhh heroic dungeons are just a filler while waiting on the rest of your raid to lvl to 85
    Correction;

Heroic Dungeons are the instances you run before you raid. You gather gear and experience there before the raiding. Heroics ---> Raids ---> HC Raids.

Atleast thats the way it should be.

8 dungeons in Cata is more than enough. Especially with the difficulty they have.
    A lot of mobs require cc, and the dungeons themselves can easily (according to Totalhalibut) take up to 1,5 - 2 hours. Ofc this is with icc gear.

Im sure Bliz knows what their doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dungeon-STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORM....ahem, seriously though, I think they are beautiful with cool mechanics and as other people said, Quality over Quantity, QoQ ;P
    /Musra
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fujisaw View Post
    Preparation for raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh the 5mans in WotLK didn't grow old and boring because there were "only" 11 of them. They got bored cause the average run time was waaaay less than in TBC, meaning people farmed them alot more. Anyone remember doing 5-8 5-man runs a day in TBC or Vanilla? I sure don't..

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alucardio View Post
    Hey guys, I was just reading the Cataclysm FAQ on Blizzard's site and it said there's 8 dungeons coming up at Cata's launch, and it felt kinda short so I looked up how many dungeons where there when WOTLK launched and there were 11 dungeons... I don't know about you guys, but seems to me that 8 dungeons will get old a lot faster than 11 when we played WOTLK. Is this info accurate or is that FAQ dated or something? What are your thoughts?
    Well, if it helps, now AoE's are mostly crap, and the trash for example has KNOCKBACK in Vortex Pinnacle (The instance is on platforms in Skywall, so a knockback means you can be a goner) and it also has sentries that roflstomp you if they are activated... That's on normal. On a small place of the dungeon.

---------- Post added 2010-09-18 at 11:25 AM ----------

Correction;

Heroic Dungeons are the instances you run before you raid. You gather gear and experience there before the raiding. Heroics ---> Raids ---> HC Raids.

Atleast thats the way it should be.
    Also normal dungeons should be added pre raids.

Normal dungeons in Cata will still require people to be awake. I really like this. Hopefully it will be enough to train the people who arent so good at raiding, to be more aware.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawwah View Post
    Normal dungeons in Cata will still require people to be awake. I really like this. Hopefully it will be enough to train the people who arent so good at raiding, to be more aware.
    Indeed. If normal dungeons in Cata were close to the difficulty of the heroics in WotLK (before overgearing them 2-3 tiers) and then there would be pumped up heroic versions, I would be more than happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    Indeed. If normal dungeons in Cata were close to the difficulty of the heroics in WotLK (before overgearing them 2-3 tiers) and then there would be pumped up heroic versions, I would be more than happy.
    Same here, Let's just hope that there is indeed more quality than quantity. But then again, what is "quality"? being harder? longer? better loot? more fun (if so, what would it take to make them "more fun"?)... that is the question

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alucardio View Post
    Same here, Let's just hope that there is indeed more quality than quantity. But then again, what is "quality"? being harder? longer? better loot? more fun (if so, what would it take to make them "more fun"?)... that is the question
    Quality is the need of CC, the need of players to have brains, challenging packs, somewhat challenging bosses with abilities that actually could kill you. Dungeons that actually is a training ground before raids, as they are intended to be. Something in that line

We could have 20 new dungeons at release, but if they were a AoE faceroll, we would still get bored pretty fast. This is where the term Quality of Quantity fits.
    Last edited by Winfernal; 2010-09-18 at 04:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quality is the need of CC, the need of players to have brains, challenging packs, somewhat challenging bosses with abilities that actually could kill you. Dungeons that actually is a training ground before raids, as they are intended to be. Something in that line

We could have 20 new dungeons at release, but if they were a AoE faceroll, we would still get bored pretty fast. This is where the term Quality of Quantity fits.
    Indeed, even stuff in the ground that takes some time start doing damage but would make alot of it in the end. So you have some time to react but if you don't you die in one or two ticks. For example the spikes in 5-man Anub'arak or the crystal spikes in Nexus. Something along those lines, but with a meaningful damage output.

Edit: Also stuff that doesn't get nullified when you get better gear. For example Devourer of Souls link-spell.

Well,
    8 normal dungeons.
    10 heroic dungeons.
    3 raid dungeons.

Overall it's not too bad.

If less 5-man dungeons implemented at launch means more patched in as the expansion progresses than yes, I am very happy.

This way I'm not bored to tears with all the 5-mans after the first two months of the expansion like wotlk.

Battle of the Badasses - Warcraft Edition

Congrats to Medivh

Bracket Results Here

It might mean they will release more 5 mans tuned for each raid tier, á la MgT, ToC or the Icecrown 5-mans.