Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tazsar View Post
    I started playing half way through BC, and leveled a rogue. She was my baby. Late last year when my guild broke up and reformed, we were lacking an ele shaman, and conveniently, I had just leveled one. I love playing a caster class and not having to stare at bosses butts all the time. I realize that ele shaman aren't exactly the cream of the crop when it comes to having raiding spots in guilds, however my current guild runs with no boomkin, so I make a lovely crit buff for them. However, its increasingly disappointing to constantly be called bad because my dps falls behind all else. HELLO?!!? Elemental is a broken spec! I love my shaman (my new baby) but its getting to be too much.
    Eh I'd suggest moving to a different guild, one that isn't as seemingly hooked on numbers.

no i don't because any true shammy would stay with it through the thick and thin. most devoted class in the game
    (Insert something witty about me being in beta)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaseladen View Post
    Sounds like someone got turned down for a date by a dragon aspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asatru View Post
    THIS THREAD IS NOW ABOUT ME AND MBSAAN'S NEW INTERNET FRIENDSHIP. -hijacked!-

I've been Enhancement for ages now and im still not sick of it.
    though I avoid PvP like the plague, that does bring out the rage...

I will never stop loving my shaman, I find once you're a shaman, you stay a shaman.
    I've been doing Resto for a long time now, and though at times it gets rough, i can always
    stick through it, and i just can't go back to another class. if you're doing it right, your
    healing numbers should be just fine, I can beat out holy pallies and druids sometimes, and
    always in the top 3. though, i don't care about healing numbers, i think if everyone is alive,
    the healers are doing it right . anyways back on track... for people bitching about Ele being behind in numbers... you're doing it wrong. Ele can always be in the top 3. face it, rogues are gonna
    beat you. my rogue beats everyone xD, they're just OP in pve. anywhoo... if you're not a true
    shaman at heart, then you'll move on... but if you really are ment to play a shammy, you'll
    hold through any changes blizz throws at us.

/shammyforlife.

Been playing (edit: and hardcore raiding) as a resto shaman for soon 5 years. I hate it. I do however top healing meters in ICC25HC, so that's not the problem. Wish I had the guts to reroll to my lovely prot paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been playing the healing class for a bit over a year now (Dévin, runetotem), and felt like playing a priest healer wasn't fun anymore....so i rolled a sham and fell in love. goal is to get him (Blâzedhoof, runetotem) to 80 and into ICC T9 before cata drops.

I have been between elemental/resto for almost 5 years now..Never gets old imo. I look forward to the upcoming changes with elemental but not so much resto(healing rain..big whoop want to fight about it?) I don't plan on casting Lightning bolts while healing during raids/perhaps maybe a shock or two depending how the mana conversion is. But tbh if you don't like the changes with shamans coming up either re-roll or look up how to play your class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically, Hell Naw I don't hate my Shammy!
    Doctor Octopus : 80 Asura Warrior
    Captain McNuggets : 80 Human Mesmer
    Professor McNuggets : 36 Asura Engineer
    General McNuggets: 11 Sylvari Thief

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I am starting to hate mine also. I have played shaman since BC came out I was Ele at that time and with a lack of healers in Wrath I opted to go resto so my guild could raid. I quickly learned the ends and outs of resto shaman and was consistantly outperforming better geared shaman. About 3 months ago the top guild on my server, server changed and we got a large influx of new players including 3 resto shaman. I took the time to help them regem, respec, and reglyph in hopes that I would no longer have to heal in order for my guild to progress. All was great for a while and then we downed 25 LK and the main shaman they had been pumping gear in decided he wants to focus on 10 mans, the other 2 fell off the earth making lame excuses for never being around and the new girl we got just isn't that great at healing. During the time I wasn't needed for healing I focused on my rogue which is my original main and I have been loving it. I am our guilds highest DPS for most mellee friendly fights. Now, due to low numbers I have to come on my shaman which has just reached the point its not fun anymore. Now, my issues is the GM is talking about Cata and hinting that he would prefer my shaman to be first to 85 for progression. I look at the new abilities and am not impressed then again not impressed with new rogue abilites either.

Honestly, I love my Shaman, and I never have an issue competing with other healing classes in Heroic ICC. I am not sure what your set up is for healing, but I have fine tuned mine over the years and it is like second nature to me.

You will always get bored if you are doing the same thing over and over again, but in the end, it is what class feels right to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshdatroll View Post
    Long time lurker, first time poster. Also, don't mind the name, I promise I'm not "trolling."

I've been playing my Shaman since BC (I leveled around when BT was released, I think). I've been raiding hard as Resto since the beginning of WOTLK. I've liked Resto ok so far, but lately, I've started to hate my Shaman and Shaman healing altogether. Like... a lot. I don't know if it's just the fact that as Resto I can't peen as much on most fights in Heroic ICC like, say, a Holy Pally or a Resto Druid, or the fact that I'm legitimately getting burned out on the class itself. I'm considering making something else my main come Cataclysm (I have an 80 of every class except Warlock), but when I start thinking at what I might want to play, I just start hating that class, too. It's quite the vicious circle. But, back on topic, I'm wondering if any other raiding Resto Shaman are starting to hate their toon, too.

My armory is the same as my forum name. The forum won't let me post links until I've posted a few times : / Sorry.

^^inb4 "Nice hit neck" or "Glyph of Earthliving LOL" <---Long story short about the glyph, I'm seeing how much that extra 5% goes to actual healing and how much is just over healing. I promise I know what glyphs are "recommended" to use.
    Sounds to me like you might just be burnt out. I mean you have a lot of 80s and you say that you start hating those classes too when you think about re-rolling as well as hating your main. I'd say take a few month break. Maybe take the winter back and come back in Jan.

Deleted
    I wanted a melee mage in WoW and I got enhancement Shaman, can it get any epic?

shaman forever bro

Have to say I still love my resto shaman after four and a half years. A few months ago, I briefly considered switching mains to another class to keep the game fresh, but I couldn't find one that felt more comfortable and natural to me than the shaman.

Funny how most shaman players either love it or hate it. Not much middle ground.

I started out playing a Resto Druid when I first started playing wow 5 years ago. Toward the end of BC I started playing a Resto Shaman and then around Toc I started playing Ele instead. I took a couple month break and played a shadow priest as a main for a little while and hated it so I came back to playing Ele. Still love it. We can still get good numbers, but we're never going to beat most pure dps classes, that's just how it is!

I started playing a Shaman about half way through TBC, possibly closer to the launch of WotLK and now I'm hooked on them , I love my Shaman, my main Shaman (I have 3) is one of my most played characters when I'm not leveling an alt, he's the one character I've paid the most attention to, has the bet gear out of all my raiding characters as well, I can see myself making a 4th Shaman in Cata which will of course be a Goblin, I think they are a fantastic class, unique compared to most classes.

I've played every other class at high levels as well and I do enjoy playing my Druid and Rogue (my main from vanilla) but I'm always putting my Shaman first due to finding them fun to mess about with.
    For the Horde!

Started my shaman Nov 23rd 2005, and havn't stopped playin em since. By far my favorite class to play

Deleted
    I like playing a shaman, but also i play a rogue too. Never disliked the shaman class.

hmm

How could I ever go on without my Amani War Bear?

Im not a big fan of mine, although I haven't tried anything at 80. Hes stuck at 73 because ive done northrend 8 times and its incredibly boring. Not sure if its the class or just the content im forced to go through.

I went from playing a shaman in Vanilla to a Spriest in BC and then to a Mage in WoTLK, and now im gonna go back to my shaman for Cata