Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Major DPS loss on live

Hi, I don't post much here I often just lurk, but something came up in todays raid that bothered me.

I saw a 2-2.5k DPS loss (using the standard Judge>DS>CS>HoW>Cons>Exo priority system) on some fights *Festergut specificly* since the others are all RNG based. My gear is better than it was before when I was doing ~15k. Had a worse ring/back/weapon (normal Shadowvault Slayer, normal Skeleton Lord, Shadow's Edge, normal DV). Is it possible I have to much crit and should 'downgrade' to strength pieces? Its just bothering me since I was doing 15.6k (record dps with Shadows Edge) and then get all these upgrades and am seeing a DPS loss on Festergut. The only raid buff we were missing was Sunders but we had a rogue supposedly exposing but even then that wouldn't account for that much DPS if he wasn't.

I've been modeling it in RAWR for over an hour and can't seem to figure it out.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...l&cn=Sephistia is my armory.
    Libram is wrong I had that on for a heroic it is of course the 264 libram normally.

Any and all help will be appreciated.
    Last edited by Arianwen; 2010-09-22 at 05:25 AM.

your guild apparently doesnt share parses, but i'm going to assume you need to go read swampmoose's sig. As in, im betting you got a whole lot of goo on your face.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

I actually didn't eat a single goo because I'm not completely terrible. Not hard to see giant green circles under your feet ;P.

My guild is telling me not to really worry about it, but it's still bothering me. Maybe I ended up slightly out of melee range? Is the range on CS slightly larger than whites?

Quote Originally Posted by Arianwen View Post
    Hi, I don't post much here I often just lurk, but something came up in todays raid that bothered me.

I saw a 2-2.5k DPS loss (using the standard Judge>DS>CS>HoW>Cons>Exo priority system) on some fights *Festergut specificly* since the others are all RNG based. My gear is better than it was before when I was doing ~15k. Had a worse ring/back/weapon (normal Shadowvault Slayer, normal Skeleton Lord, Shadow's Edge, normal DV). Is it possible I have to much crit and should 'downgrade' to strength pieces? Its just bothering me since I was doing 15.6k (record dps with Shadows Edge) and then get all these upgrades and am seeing a DPS loss on Festergut. The only raid buff we were missing was Sunders but we had a rogue supposedly exposing but even then that wouldn't account for that much DPS if he wasn't.

I've been modeling it in RAWR for over an hour and can't seem to figure it out.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...l&cn=Sephistia is my armory.
    Libram is wrong I had that on for a heroic it is of course the 264 libram normally.

Any and all help will be appreciated.
    Well blizz did intend to nerf crit, I believe its more of a change on cata gear but who knows, maybe it starts through your talents, i would suggest downgrade to str to better suit your spells and abilities. Aside from that I wouldn't really worry about it.
    Yes and no, but maybe.

I'm gonna go ahead and say it was probably just the little things.
    Back when I was still playing Ret my DPS would almost always drop for no apparent reason whenever I got an upgrade.
    I think you just need to blame this on having a bad day.

Oh and if it doesnt increase your Str it doesnt increase your dps..
    THAT IS THE LAW!!!11!1!
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines) :-(

Deleted
    I just checked your gear in armory, your DPS loss might be just bad luck. You are not hit capped. Hit cap is 8% and you have 7.something. (Rating 263) try to socket one hit gem and try again.

Festergut in RNG based too. All fights are. People on live can see huge DPS discrepancies due to RNG, fight length, etc.

I have a Draenei 100% of the time so hit cap is 230.

Quote Originally Posted by pearli View Post
    I just checked your gear in armory, your DPS loss might be just bad luck. You are not hit capped. Hit cap is 8% and you have 7.something. (Rating 263) try to socket one hit gem and try again.
    this, possibly
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    Super Mario called. He left a message inviting you to his 25th birthday party.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...s&cn=Grimgoren

I'm going to have to go with the 7.56% hit you have. Probably got an unlucky streak of misses. One +20 Hit gem IIRC is 0.30% hit; therefore, I'd go for one of those and swap one of your +10 Str & Crit gems for a +10 Str & Hit (0.15%) gem. That'll put you at 8.01%.
    Last edited by Aedros; 2010-09-22 at 06:18 AM.
    Just another random troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    u replaced shadow's edge...for a polearm with agility?
    why did u make a thread about this again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...
    Quote Originally Posted by Meebo View Post
    The only problem with necrophilia is knowing when to either put them back in the freezer to keep them fresh or go dig up a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Wait times for open tickets are currently measured in continental drift cycles.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Stop looking for sense in a game that mails you dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ideon View Post
    Probably because it's better.

a hell of a lot better. if you don't know the ret class, dont chime in.

unless you post logs all we can say it "its rng/goo"
    Pondering returning.

Probably because it is actually better than Shadow's Edge. Just saying...
    Just another random troll.

Its a new guild and I have no idea if they make logs or not. I think I figured it out by being in that 'dead zone' where you can still hit with specials but your whites aren't hitting. I'm chalking it up as that or terrible RNG even though I didn't get a spore on me once lol...

Its a new guild and I have no idea if they make logs or not. I think I figured it out by being in that 'dead zone' where you can still hit with specials but your whites aren't hitting. I'm chalking it up as that or terrible RNG even though I didn't get a spore on me once lol...
    yeah...we arent hunter.
    Pondering returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll View Post
    yeah...we arent hunter.
    I'll have to test it but I remember hearing that CS is a 5 yard range and whites are only 4 yard. If that is the case then there is a 'dead zone'.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll have to test it but I remember hearing that CS is a 5 yard range and whites are only 4 yard. If that is the case then there is a 'dead zone'.
    Next time you have a question like this , PLEASE try and supply us with logs or its very hard to help you >.<

idk where you heard that, but it is very wrong. "melee range" is 8 yards. white and specials. DS can hit from farther out sometimes, but if you were hitting CS, you were hitting whites.
    Pondering returning.

10+ Year Old Account
    i noticed a 2k to 2.5k dps loss today also as a dk. it was very odd.