LastLast
    Let me think on the best way to answer this:

No
    NO
    Absolutely not
    No Way Jose
    No chance Vance
    Not until pigs fly
    And my personal favorite; Man falling off cliff: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo
    *Splat*
    Quote Originally Posted by pvt Huson View Post
    I want to make an 80ft golden dong and get terrorised by fisher price shoggoths
    “You heard the man,” Jaime said to Ilyn Payne. “Find a nice long spear, and shove it up his arse.”

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    LOLTHATDOESNTMAKESENSEBROLAWL

I mean, Blood Elves and nature are like elemental phosphorus and water.

I will concede the Undead Paladins as a possibility lore-wise (well, an argument can be made for it) but there's no reason system/gamewise. I don't really think there would be significantly more Horde Paladins if Forsaken were added.
    Yes, because the Farstriders and nature is so far-fetched...

Things you will possibly see in WoW before it ends:

Troll - Undead Paladins

Blood Elf Druids

Worgen - Gnome Paladins

Dwarf Druids
    Last edited by gankhed; 2010-09-24 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordRayken View Post
    /sigh.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Scout

"The scout excels in wilderness survival and is skilled in combat. They can track a day-old trail and snipe from the treetops with equal facility. Scouts often serve as guides for adventurers, if they are not out adventuring themselves."
    / double sigh

There's your problem right there. You are talking about the tabletop RPG and we're discussing the MMORPG.

That almost completely obsolete RPG stuff is still canon, until Blizz rewrites it. Just like with Knaack's novels, they are canon until something in-game trumps it. So, when Blizz does decide to allow Tauren Rogues, calling them Scouts or something else, all your arguments are for naught.

The same with BE druids (which aren't too far a stretch now), UD Pally's (bigger stretch I'll admit) or any other currently not-playable race / class combo. As soon as Blizz decides to allow it, any past lore becomes moot and the new lore / reason becomes the canon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina View Post
    Sometimes faction pride goes beyond rational lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    No no this is Warcraft, not Lovecraft, I know it's confusing with both of them having old gods, but they're different.
    Knarg: "Man, the Alliance are always either shrieking that they're losing or shrieking that they're winning. What's with that?"

Quote Originally Posted by Redd911 View Post
    OK, first off I will start by saying blizzard can and does do what they feel they need to. Blood elf druids can be found in the game( links will come later as I am tired and wanna finish this thread.
    I did however find this on wow-wiki "High elven and blood elven druids"

Main article: elven druid

High elves have also practiced druidism; they had elven druid. The Elven Rangers have practiced it, too. It is also assumed that blood elves have also been trained in the art of the druid.

OK so now comes Undead Paladin: easy enough Mor'ladim in raven hill hes a level 30 elite and hes undead(scourge) and hes plainly a paladin. I don't care either way I am just saying from blizzard perspective it is possible. so with that much evidence Discuss and I'll add the links tomorrow. But feel free to discuss please no flamers or whiners) serious conversation about the game and its future.
    Both are possible, however with the undead it would require them to reconnect with the light, which goes against Forsaken religion and culture. However nature is not as forgiving as the light, and after the blood elves started satiating their addiction by taking it from creatures and fel energies nature would not look nicely onto the blood elves, not to mention their complete manipulation of nature, unlike the Night Elves that live with nature. High Elves dealt with their magic addiction through meditation so they can still be druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterstorm View Post
    Both are possible, however with the undead it would require them to reconnect with the light, which goes against Forsaken religion and culture. However nature is not as forgiving as the light, and after the blood elves started satiating their addiction by taking it from creatures and fel energies nature would not look nicely onto the blood elves, not to mention their complete manipulation of nature, unlike the Night Elves that live with nature. High Elves dealt with their magic addiction through meditation so they can still be druids.
    High Elves dealt with their magic addiction by feeding off arcane magic given to them by the Alliance. It wasn't just meditation.

Quote Originally Posted by galaxiah View Post
    No to Bloodelf druids, it's already rediculous they get to be warriors.
    And this is not fitting because? Your one post that explains why it's ridiculous (not rediculous) does not have any info as to why. There's no point in your post, it's just a butthurt post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxiah View Post
    No to Bloodelf druids, it's already rediculous they get to be warriors.
    I lol'd

I think we need more Blood Elves and Paladins.
    - Dreams. What are dreams? Dreams are nothing, my brother.
    - Dreams are nothing, sister? Without dreams, there could be no despair.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendashi View Post
    I would like to see all classes be able to be any race they want.
    Me too. Race restrictions on classes made sense at the beginning of WoW but after almost six years there's no reason for the Horde or the Alliance not share all their tools with their allies. Also, it would be more fun. I don't see how limiting race/class combinations makes any sense from a business or lore point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    first. blizz has stated that by lore there are no undead holy priests rather they use the forgotten shadow to heal rather the holy light.
    secound. never mind self-sacrifice, mercy, caring, faith, love, and all the other virtues all of which a paladin MUST stay true to or they lose there powers.
    LOL Arthas sent you a letter while he was cleansing strat. He says that he was murderous, vile, and obsessed and killed women and children(despite haveing ate bad grain) most he killed hadn't turned yet. Though he retained his paladin powers. Explain please.

---------- Post added 2010-09-24 at 08:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ogawdithinkimguna HNNNG View Post
    Tbh... every race should be able to play any class. If everyone can be a priest and use the light then they can certainly be paladins. Warlock is also equally true if you're a priest who can use shadow then you can be a lock. Druid is tricky gnomes and goblins have me there- but even so goblins can be shamans. Goblin shaman... goblins destroy nature equally as gnomes do yet they can call upon elemental spirits to aid them I don't see why not if you can be a druid you can be a shaman vice versa.
    Actually being a shadow priest has Nothing!! to do with being a lock. Locks are corrupted shaman who mixed their knowledge of shamanism(even thought the elements wouldn't heed them they still remembered shit) and turned it to the black arts of the Burning legions Eredar sorcerers. Thud locks were born.(orcs being the first to actually BE personified locks) eredar were just dark sorcerers.

---------- Post added 2010-09-24 at 08:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fourty-two View Post
    The Night Elves aren't addicts. You are talking about the Highborne that summoned the demons from the well. The Highbornes also evolved into the High Elves and then the Blood Elves.

The Highborne become addicts from living around the Well for so long. The Night Elves that we have today never got that addiction since they lived further off. The Night Elves and the Highborne are like the High Elves and the Blood Elves now. There are small but very big differences between them that make them very different.

And yes, Illidan was an Highborne as well.
    You need to read the WOTA again ALL nightelves were misusing and abusing arcane magic not just highborn. and not all the highborn evolved into highelves most retained their NE heritage and are returning to the alliance in cata(i.e. NE mages)

---------- Post added 2010-09-24 at 08:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kooshkrusher View Post
    Yet your whole post is nonsense and a duplicate of a billion other post in the last year. Just another waste of server space imo.
    Then GTFO if you don't like the thread and I meant nonsense as in people being assholes or just spamming words togather but I long since stopped giving a shit. Also I don't care how many other threads like this there are I haven't seen them for one and two this one is mine!! so go spread your negativity and ignorance else where. Were all full here.

Lok'tar Ogar For The Horde!!

Guys don't be mean, Undead Paladins = YES, Belf Paladins = Meh it's not in their nature

Thanks for this awesome signature tazsar!

Quote Originally Posted by Wysard View Post
    WTF?

I see your avatar is a Space Goat so I assume you play one.

BE warriors are far, far less ridiculous than Goat Shaman. What is ridiculous is the BEs didn't have warriors from the outset.

I do not have a shaman. My 'space goat' is a warrior and people need to calm the hell down.

I didn't intend to hurt your BE pride but to me I see Bloodelves as a graceful race, not something barbaric, which is generally what the warrior is. Yes we have pally's but they mainly wield with the help of magic (something the Be are notorious for) and we also have DK's but honestly im not too crazy about that idea, but i guess if you're dead its ok to be barbaric.

Don't get me wrong I like bloodelves and play horde equally to alliance but some of these race class combos are silly, and really any of them can be easily justified with some made up lore or some relating lore.

But seriously...calm down.

Sylvari Necromancer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redd911 View Post
    OK, first off I will start by saying blizzard can and does do what they feel they need to. Blood elf druids can be found in the game( links will come later as I am tired and wanna finish this thread.
    I did however find this on wow-wiki "High elven and blood elven druids"

Main article: elven druid

High elves have also practiced druidism; they had elven druid. The Elven Rangers have practiced it, too. It is also assumed that blood elves have also been trained in the art of the druid.

OK so now comes Undead Paladin: easy enough Mor'ladim in raven hill hes a level 30 elite and hes undead(scourge) and hes plainly a paladin. I don't care either way I am just saying from blizzard perspective it is possible. so with that much evidence Discuss and I'll add the links tomorrow. But feel free to discuss please no flamers or whiners) serious conversation about the game and its future.
    Thats fair, this games already balanced between alliance and horde in every way, oh wait

first of all belfs are too evil and not in tune with nature to be druids, undead pallys are too dark to be pallys since everything pallys are about is the light but not dark enough to not be priests

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyberes View Post
    just because his flesh has decayed doesn't mean his faith in the light won't keep his soul intact after death.

No paladins ever died straight from the plague, so they didn't succumb to undeath to be transformed into zombies and later forsaken. Some who fell in combat were raised as death knights through direct necromancy, others turned to darkness willingly, which is different. As far as I know, all of the forsaken were mindless masses of regular undead ghouls, banshees and other cheap slaves before the Lich King's grip weakened. Even if the Light wouldn't blow them to pieces, paladins can't knowingly serve evil, and the Forsaken definitely are purely evil and don't even bother to hide it; instead they are openly proud of it.

Next quote is so dumb and ignorant that it wouldn't even deserve an answer, but because most horde fanboys fall into that category, let's make some things clear...

Quote Originally Posted by Thmsbkr3 View Post
    Also to note if you look at the aftermath of the wrathgate battle there are blood elves running from the alliance encampment with alliance tabards on.

Ever heard of High Elves? Yes, they are still part of the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Wysard View Post
    / double sigh

There's your problem right there. You are talking about the tabletop RPG and we're discussing the MMORPG.

That almost completely obsolete RPG stuff is still canon, until Blizz rewrites it. Just like with Knaack's novels, they are canon until something in-game trumps it. So, when Blizz does decide to allow Tauren Rogues, calling them Scouts or something else, all your arguments are for naught.

The same with BE druids (which aren't too far a stretch now), UD Pally's (bigger stretch I'll admit) or any other currently not-playable race / class combo. As soon as Blizz decides to allow it, any past lore becomes moot and the new lore / reason becomes the canon.
    LOL at in game being considered more canon than lore. They don't have to retcon shit to allow UD pallys, they've already said time and time again that undead pallys do exist, its just very painful for them.

---------- Post added 2010-09-25 at 01:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Titus-Barca View Post
    That's so true. One individual who is different shouldn't set a precedent.

Also the Blood Elf Druid is null since he is apparently warping nature magic, one of his quotes: "Nature bends to my will..." ... Doesn't sound very druidic, does it?
    One individual who is different is setting a precedent, because sir zeliek can do it it is feasible for an undead with enough willpower to become a paladin. All you need is a foot in the door to support your point. Are UD pallys possible? Yes. Will they come about? Maybe, maybe not, no one really knows there are still 3 xpacs or so.

---------- Post added 2010-09-25 at 01:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    first. blizz has stated that by lore there are no undead holy priests rather they use the forgotten shadow to heal rather the holy light.
    secound. never mind self-sacrifice, mercy, caring, faith, love, and all the other virtues all of which a paladin MUST stay true to or they lose there powers.
    All of those qualities exist in the eye of the beholder. Sure maybe if you're alliance going and killing a horde is meets most of those criteria, but if youre in the scarlet crusade the same qualities can be met.

Quote Originally Posted by xile View Post
    LOL at in game being considered more canon than lore. They don't have to retcon shit to allow UD pallys, they've already said time and time again that undead pallys do exist, its just very painful for them.

---------- Post added 2010-09-25 at 01:56 AM ----------

One individual who is different is setting a precedent, because sir zeliek can do it it is feasible for an undead with enough willpower to become a paladin. All you need is a foot in the door to support your point. Are UD pallys possible? Yes. Will they come about? Maybe, maybe not, no one really knows there are still 3 xpacs or so.
    I stopped discussing with that guy because he's trying to tell me the MMORPG is more current than the lore thats written in books.

So I couldn't respond anymore because he just wants to make up things, and pretend the lore isn't already written for why Mulgore Tauren aren't rogues, and why a rogue can't be called a "scout". So whatever. Good luck to him.

IF people would actually read the lore behind things they want to discuss, by going to www.wowwiki.com, they would put up much better arguments, or realize that they are arguing for naught.

Sir Zeliek is proof Undead can be Paladins.

Blood Elves ability to be Druids was never doubted. Its the way their culture works now and the way they are that prevents a good, fair, balanced, and accepted order of nature loving Druids from arising.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaq62VCcnew
    Nevar 4get Exarch Cyn.
    The Horde and The Alliance haven't changed since Warcraft 2. Pandaren are the first true change to either faction for 12 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterstorm View Post
    I'd be willing to bet that Nature wouldn't generalize like normal people do and we know for a fact that several Blood elves never gave into the sunwell. I could see BE druids coming and if they ever do i may start playing my druid again, buttt that may not happen. Almost every class is viable whether people realize it or not. There is no lore that states this race can not be that class. Tauren and Draenei would most likely never be rogues because they are a very pride driven races and most would not take the ways of a rogue but it is very possible.
    Last edited by xile; 2010-09-25 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xile View Post
    I'd be willing to bet that Nature wouldn't generalize like normal people do and we know for a fact that several Blood elves never gave into the sunwell.
    Heh, not the Blood Elf you play!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaq62VCcnew
    Nevar 4get Exarch Cyn.
    The Horde and The Alliance haven't changed since Warcraft 2. Pandaren are the first true change to either faction for 12 years.