Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Nightelf lore: Jesse needs your help!

Ok working to get this Darkshore overview video up, but something has me perplexed and I want to get this right.

From what I remember the night elves gave up their immortality.... and in Cataclysm during at least two moments of darkshore, they state the exact same thing. comments like "it's too late for me.... we're mortal now"

But then people are telling me in the book Stormrage they regain their immortality... which takes place before this expanion? And to say the book doesn't count, is wrong, becuase the game has events and quests based off the storyline that are 100% exact.

So which is it?! I want to make sure I get this right.

-Jesse

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haha saw your YouTube comments, and to be honest, I'm lost too :S I'll check WoWWiki.

new vid INCOMEING
    Yea yea....

Quote Originally Posted by The Twlight destroyer View Post
    new vid INCOMEING
    Not til I make sure I'm giving the REAL information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh, never noticed this. Theres different ways to look at this. One, Knaaks lore got retconned. Two, this was a mistake. Three, something has happened in Hyjal that has taken their immortality, or maybe this Night Elf just isn't aware their immortal again.
    Anyone else notice the Pokémon breeding center is on Route 34? Just sayin'.

"I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand shall I reap the sins of this world, and cleanse it in the fires of destruction. I am Hakumen. The end has come!" - Hakumen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Psht, who needs to get the REAL information, just pull a Fox News on this video, you'll be fine. If they can do it about politics and the real world, you can do it about a virtual world and lore.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mojomaker View Post
    Ok working to get this Darkshore overview video up, but something has me perplexed and I want to get this right.

From what I remember the night elves gave up their immortality.... and in Cataclysm during at least two moments of darkshore, they state the exact same thing. comments like "it's too late for me.... we're mortal now"

But then people are telling me in the book Stormrage they regain their immortality... which takes place before this expanion? And to say the book doesn't count, is wrong, becuase the game has events and quests based off the storyline that are 100% exact.

So which is it?! I want to make sure I get this right.

-Jesse
    No they don't get it back only the Bronze dragon leader can give them immortality and its only the green dragon and red dragon leader who give their blessing to Teldrassil so they are still mortal if not the old world tree is restored, for if the old one is then they should have it back.

Simple; the night elves haven't regained their immortality.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trulte View Post
    No they don't get it back only the Bronze dragon leader can give them immortality and its only the green dragon and red dragon leader who give their blessing to Teldrassil so they are still mortal if not the old world tree is restored, for if the old one is then they should have it back.
    Good call. Nozdormu is not present for the new blessing of Teldrassil, therefore they are not immortal any longer. It's likely why there is such a large battle over Hyjal. If the World Tree was restored, it could provide the Night Elves with Immortality again, assuming the original blessings still hold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beat me to it aswell.

As far as I know, and I'll say it right here - I'm a sucker for Warcraft lore, the Night elves merely managed to have Teldrassil cleansed from the taint any new Night Elf player has encountered in the first leveling zone. Teldrassil was not grown with the blessings of any dragon aspect, and thus it was corrupted and flawed - and the night elves immortality still lost.

This is solved in the novel 'Stormrage', but their immortality is still gone. It's implied, I believe, that in time this may change on its own accord, rather than with the help of Nozdormu, the dragon that originally offered the Night Elves their immortality.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mööh View Post
    Beat me to it aswell.
    And me.

But I'm travelling across Azeroth to complete one of the most touching quests of all time. So I have an excuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    And me.

But I'm travelling across Azeroth to complete one of the most touching quests of all time. So I have an excuse.
    Not that good as im sure you have done it a thousand times before

AND THIS... is why I love you guys.

Going to go ahead and upload the darkshore video (should be viewable later tonight)

Ok, at the end of Stormrage Alexstrasza and Ysera both bless Teldrassil, I'm not really sure what it did but the first time around it gave them command over nature.

However when the first world tree was blessed some 10,000 years ago it was Nozdormu who gave them immortality, and he wasn't present this time around when Teldrassil was blessed.

So I think their still mortal because Nozdormu wasn't there to give his blessing this time.

Edit: Damnit and my needlessly long thinking. Got beat to it.

Deleted
    Not that good as im sure you have done it a thousand times before
    Actually, I've never done it before. Today I noticed it while browsing WoWWiki.

Here it is by the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Actually, I've never done it before. Today I noticed it while browsing WoWWiki.

Here it is by the way.
    Ooh that is touching, but not the most, but still its a good enough excuse

LORE THREAD?! Let me just step in ---

...oh, someone answered you already.

*cries and goes back to the fan art thread*

Judging by the Fact that Teldrassil only was given a boon from Ysera and Alexstraza, but it has no boon from Nordozmu, the Dragon Aspect of time, likely meaning the Night Elves are still mortal.

Edit: Renard beat me to it.

From my understanding the confusion is due to the fact that Teldrassil has now been blessed by some of the Dragonflights. Some people assumed this meant the Night Elves were immortal again, but as others have stated because the Bronze aspect did not bless the tree, the Night Elves are still mortal.

What the blessing does mean is that no further corruption will take place on Teldrassil (woohoo!).
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.