Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasti View Post
    I wanted it to be the ever-churning maelstrom as someone before me as indicated.
    OR
    I want a background like this:

[Snip]

With the only things taht are moving are his wings, his head and fire (both from his mouth and from the burning structures)
    And no, he should not ROAR or talk or anything. Just light more houses on fire with the occasional inhabitant screaming in anguish :P
    I would love that too, a burning city with Deathwing occasionally flying over to "check" on the destruction, but NO ROARS

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Ya, the WotLK login screen didn't feel like it had much to do with logging in to the game as opposed to the previous ones.
    Besides the fact that you're looking at the last instance of the expansion and you see a boss from that instance pop up?

Also. The vanilla one had the dark portal. What did that have to do with Vanilla when there was nothing involving the dark portal at the time?
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

okay so the perfect login screen for cata would be:

pic of the maelstrom
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_2W5UKLfaA
    (just a stand still shot really)

and the music eye of the vortex
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPNzsm9B5WI&hd=1
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Deleted
    it would be cool if you could choose between all the login screens that have been around since vanilla but i guess thats not going to happen as te killed the e-dragon-slayer...

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, what does everyone have against the Dragon roaring? I dont understand it at all. Too loud? Turn your speakers down/off while you log in. Too often? Either close the game or log in, dont just sit there. I really dont see what the huge problem is with the roar. I'm starting to think this IS one of those bandwagon "lol the cool kids hate it so I hate it too" things.

..And for the record, I'm able to log in before she even lands, so I rarely ever hear the roar.

Edit: Slight Thread-Necro on my part. Didn't realize it was a few days old. WoW Insider sent me here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampantsoto View Post
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets

10+ Year Old Account
    i want to see the faction leaders followed by a tremendous united army walk like justice league to manowars warriors of the world united. and then the camera turns and shows deathwing with his twillight cult. and then all hell breaks loose.. everything is narrated by thrall as he explains how deathwings destruction once again brought the races of azeroth together to face an evil far worse than anything anyone alive had ever faced before.

no wait that was the cinematic.. or maybe deahtwing patch trailer

---------- Post added 2010-10-03 at 09:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrinn View Post
    Seriously, what does everyone have against the Dragon roaring? I dont understand it at all. Too loud? Turn your speakers down/off while you log in. Too often? Either close the game or log in, dont just sit there. I really dont see what the huge problem is with the roar. I'm starting to think this IS one of those bandwagon "lol the cool kids hate it so I hate it too" things.

..And for the record, I'm able to log in before she even lands, so I rarely ever hear the roar.

Edit: Slight Thread-Necro on my part. Didn't realize it was a few days old. WoW Insider sent me here.
    necro is 2 months
    Last edited by Xeraluin; 2010-10-03 at 07:57 PM.

honor... no matter how dire the situation is, never forsake it!
    top 3 bands of all time:
    1. depeche mode
    2. pet shop boys
    3. new order

Quote Originally Posted by Fenz View Post
    I see it now.
    Twilight fortress from the highlands, heavy rain, then Deathwing, his wings flapping loudly, flies close, lands and lets out a dreadful roar, then takes off and flies away to reemerge in half a minute and repeat his action. Yep. Replace roar with male BE dk "/lol" emote sound if you like.
    NO. I'd rather hear Deathwing roaring everyday than hear the Belf laugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will probably be the Maelstrom, since every login screen has depicted an "entrance" of some kind. Vanilla was the Blasted Lands portal, TBC was the Hellfire side of the portal, and Wrath was Angrathar the Wrathgate. It will probably be a more epic depiction of it than the one seen in game. Maybe it'll have hellish red skies, twisting plumes of fire and maybe even Deathwing himself.
    Sythis - Vicious Cycle

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post
    Besides the fact that you're looking at the last instance of the expansion and you see a boss from that instance pop up?

Also. The vanilla one had the dark portal. What did that have to do with Vanilla when there was nothing involving the dark portal at the time?
    Um, the dark portal had EVERYTHING to do with vanilla WoW. The whole warcraft series is based upon the fact that the dark portal allowed orcs and demons into Azeroth, spawning EVERY event henceforth in the warcraft universe. There could not be a more important object in ALL the game lore.

On that note.. the vanilla login screen was always my favorite. I think we should get to choose what login background we want to display.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by luftwaffles View Post
    Um, the dark portal had EVERYTHING to do with vanilla WoW. The whole warcraft series is based upon the fact that the dark portal allowed orcs and demons into Azeroth, spawning EVERY event henceforth in the warcraft universe. There could not be a more important object in ALL the game lore.

On that note.. the vanilla login screen was always my favorite. I think we should get to choose what login background we want to display.
    I think you are forgetting about The Ring....
    Skullmaster - Slathe - Duat - Tamriel

Absolutely everything happens for a reason - Omnia Causa Fiunt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullmaster View Post
    I think you are forgetting about The Ring....
    Lol at the comments on The Ring page

An option to change the login screen to what you want it to be. Pretty sure if Cataclysm one didn't "Wooo" me I could bring out Vanilla's and be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrinn View Post

So I should have to adjust the volume of EVERYTHING on my computer or my game volume every time I log in, just to avoid something that should have been mutable to begin with? That's great, you don't use your speakers for anything other than wow. Some of us do. Having to dick around with volume settings to log into a game is ridiculous. The roar wouldn't be so bad if we could just mute the login. That's not much to ask.

I loved the Wotlk loading screen, for a year... then, well, seeing/hearing it every day, several times a day. hmm well, i try to log in quickly as possible lets leave it at that.

It'd be great to see something that changes, keep it fresh and new.

Close up of deathwings face roaring endlessly

lol, someone actually liked the dragon roaring... it was terrible Singarosa had a basica dragon model and only served to wait everyone up as you try to log in during the night. the current log in screen in indeed the vanilla portal

It's the default wow one, with the dark portal, grass on one side and HF peninsula on the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story