4.0 Doubt and theory

I have a doubt, do not know if someone else already asked this but in the upcoming patches will be the new class combo avalaible or we need to buy cata to have them? Because I want to lay my hands on a Troll Warlock XD

Another thing, don't you think that almost 5GB of patch is... Too much? Even WoTLK update patch was not this bigger unless when releasing the final patch all old content will be overwritten by the new data (Well that's my theory I can be wrong)
    Howl to the stars wishing I could be one....

ehh... what?

Yes there will be a troll/warlock combo.
    Yes they will replace the old content.
    Yes they will keep the old data on your HDD.
    No, 5gb is not too much?

Aww I will have to do an extensive cleansing to my HDD then ¬¬

If you're still rocking a HDD that's struggling to contain 10gb of "old" data, proceed.

10+ Year Old Account
    what he's asking is can he make a new class race combo at 4.0 or does he have to buy the expansion

The new data and size of the download is mainly for them updating the game client itself to allow for theirnew on the fly updates. You need to basically redownload almost the entire game over again due to the size of the change in how they stream data to you.

Kinda excessive but totally worth it.

You will NOT be able to make it in the next pre-cataclysm patch (the one before the world breaks). You WILL be able to in the one after that (the one that breaks the world).

10+ Year Old Account
    I am 100% positive that it was posted on the front page a few weeks ago that the new class/race combos would be available, but the new races would not be prior to your purchase of the X-pac.

And no I do not wish to go about finding a link to prove this, OP can use the search function if neeeded.

Now it makes sense, actually I did not knew this was already posted (Since I'm new at this about posting) but is good to now.