View Poll Results: What do you think about keyboard turners?

Voters
123. This poll is closed
  • Keyboard turners are ETERNAL noobs!No matter how good they are they SUCK!

98 79.67%
  • Keyboard turners are great, the best style to play wow is by keyboard turning

25 20.33%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I mouse turn and use a combination of clicking/binding. Unless you're playing PVP it's not a huge deal. Most PVE requires you to hit ~5 skills at most, and if you can't move your mouse pointer from one to the other during GCD then you have the response time of a slug. I bind things like interrupts and anything I might need to hit on the move though.

Deleted
    I chalange you to a duel
    I can proove that by keyboard turning I have faster reflex than some one who is using mouse to turn!
    Also, this topic ins not about clicking or keybinding
    I don t have many keybindings(just for logg of or smt) and to be honest I don t really know what are about.
    Also I don t have any addon and I have never used one on my entire existence in wow.

So , the duel remains !

Me ( keyboard turner - addons) VS you (mouse turn + all addons)

Who dares to take this duel serious and get pwned in front of me ?! I will for once demonstrate that keyboard turners are better players than the one who spam youbute chanell "OMG keyboard turner! noob!"

Also, I have problems controling my char in that video because I am recording a movie in the same time and i have 2 fps!

Quote Originally Posted by RC-ST. View Post
    I chalange you to a duel
    I can proove that by keyboard turning I have faster reflex than some one who is using mouse to turn!
    Also, this topic ins not about clicking or keybinding
    I don t have many keybindings(just for logg of or smt) and to be honest I don t really know what are about.
    Also I don t have any addon and I have never used one on my entire existence in wow.

So , the duel remains !

Me ( keyboard turner - addons) VS you (mouse turn + all addons)

Who dares to take this duel serious and get pwned in front of me ?! I will for once demonstrate that keyboard turners are better players than the one who spam youbute chanell "OMG keyboard turner! noob!"

Also, I have problems controling my char in that video because I am recording a movie in the same time and i have 2 fps!

With equal class? and gear. any decent mouse turner and binder would win.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade View Post
    - I keyboard turn half of the time
    - I have no problems in PvE or PvP
    then your Guild/PVP friends don't really aim that high

''With equal class? and gear. any decent mouse turner and binder would win. ''

except Ret Pallies who don't need binds

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    then your Guild/PVP friends don't really aim that high
    I've seen a few keyboard turners that did at least Sindy HC. The OP may be one of them.

EDIT: Also,
    Quote Originally Posted by SharQueDo View Post
    I see myself as a pretty hardcore player in skill, rather than time spent. I used to be a vivid FPS player before my time in WoW, so most of the time I'm using the mouse to turn (yet I still have Q and E bound to turn left and right, respectively) and I use keybinds for everything that do not require quick reaction (profession skills, etc).

I do not really mind others keyboard turning, I mean it's only a game and everyone plays it the way he/she likes, but I do get a bit nervous when I see full Relentless/Wrathful people on my team keyboardturning mid-fight, because I also believe mouse turn (along with keybindings) are better than keyboard turning + clicking.

But each his/her own style, I guess. Whatever you're comfortable with.
    This pretty much wins the thread.
    Last edited by Coffer; 2010-09-29 at 06:36 AM.

Deleted
    I see myself as a pretty hardcore player in skill, rather than time spent. I used to be a vivid FPS player before my time in WoW, so most of the time I'm using the mouse to turn (yet I still have Q and E bound to turn left and right, respectively) and I use keybinds for everything that do not require quick reaction (profession skills, etc).

I do not really mind others keyboard turning, I mean it's only a game and everyone plays it the way he/she likes, but I do get a bit nervous when I see full Relentless/Wrathful people on my team keyboardturning mid-fight, because I also believe mouse turn (along with keybindings) are better than keyboard turning + clicking.

But each his/her own style, I guess. Whatever you're comfortable with.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-ST. View Post
    Well, any mouse turner can turn to any degree in ~0.2 sec, which is 100% impossible with keyboard turning, so I somehow doubt it. See "vanishing blink" for explanation.

10+ Year Old Account
    In these mouseturn/bind vs. keyboard turn/click threads I always feel like I'm the only binder who uses esdf instead of wasd. I always thought wasd was for noobs.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope that is sarcasme becuase otherwise you havent actually watched the video

I don't understand why keyboard turning is equated to clicking. I keyboard turn, and I keybind. Never had a problem in any raid, with any boss ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    In these mouseturn/bind vs. keyboard turn/click threads I always feel like I'm the only binder who uses esdf instead of wasd. I always thought wasd was for noobs.
    You're not the only one.

Keyboard turning is just too slow to be efficient, and as such will always be inferior to using the mouse.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, I'm an ESDF guy too It opens more space for hotkeys to use, than WASD

[QUOTE=RC-ST.;8958323]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasufein View Post
    Mouse turning > keyboard turning.
    But dude... your WoW history sounds remarkably like mine - Playing on a powerbook G4, until it burned out while playing wow leaving my level 40 something warrior stranded in STV killing naga for kelp.
    QUOTE]

wtf man!! are you serious?
    my powerbook got burned when I was trying to loot arena grand master, in gurubashi arena, which is exactly near those nagas!
    I'm gonna pm you to find out some extra stuff and mb we can sue DEVILLZARD!
    Wait, a piece of software runs fine on millions of pieces of hardware all over world, for six years, with absolutely no publicized issues, and then in two cases one very specific model of hardware breaks while running it - twice.... and you think the problem is with the software?

Deleted
    never have never will
    well never,.. ;> when i was new in wow!
    but i only move wth my mouse as i cant do otherwise anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Pro tip for beginners:

Hit escape > Key bindings > find "Strafe left" and "Strafe right" rebind these to to "A" and "D".

You're set, you wont and you can't ever keyboard turn again. You will get used to it really quick.
    That's what I do, even went as far as keybinding 'S' to a Hammer of Wrath + Engineering Rocket macro to prevent back-peddling. I would do the 'esdf' method, but I use a Z-board.

I tried that once, but felt I got to far away from the shift key.

It depends on when you keyboard turn. When you are on your own and questing or just running around, keyboard turning is normal and can be a lot easier. However, during PvP and most raid encounters you need to click to turn or else you fail and will die. During Rotface, for example, I always am holding my right mouse button so I can run and turn around asap. With keybinds, I find that the normal 1-10 keybinds are all you really need for PvE but I have no idea about PvP.

Saying that you can be just as good with keyboard turning or clicking is fucking retarded.

You CAN NOT turn as fast with WASD. Can. Not. It's really that simple. If you wanna argue with facts you're not worth anyone's time.

You also CAN NOT do several things if you click your spells, such as use mouseover macros, turn your char/the camera with the mouse while casting, and keep an eye on what's going on around you instead of the hotbar.

The people who say that they do fine even though they click/keyboard turn are like cavemen saying they do better hunting with a spear than a machine gun because they're too stupid to fire the gun and tried to club the deer with it.

If you wanna be a scrub and gimp yourself, you go ahead, but when you come here and tell us your inferior playstyle is actually better you're just intentionally spreading bullshit around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Well, any mouse turner can turn to any degree in ~0.2 sec, which is 100% impossible with keyboard turning, so I somehow doubt it. See "vanishing blink" for explanation.
    i don t need to turn around in a battle
    what i really need to do is use overpower fast and this can be done by having 2 hands on the keyboard

I have played without a mouse for a year or so, and I was very fast in pwning ppl in bg

Friends told me - hey dude, use mouse!

And I used mouse and then i wanted to click overpower or any ohter abliti and I had to take my hand of the wasd and click overpower.
    This has 2 great disatvanteges
    1 - when you take your left hand of the wasd you can t move - you stay on the same position. Of course, you move with mouse and you can move forward. But you can t strafe, you can t go backwards.
    2 - you loose time - it takes you 0,5 sec to go from wasd to 9 or 7 key where overpower is

So this is why i keep my left hand on wasd, and I can move continuosly, strafe, etc, and I can use some of my left fingers to click 1,2,3 which are very close to wasd and don t loose more than 0,2 sec to press them.
    and the right hand on 6,7,8,9,0 and thumb on SPACE
    which allows me to press overpower,charge, etc in around 0.1 sec (because i kinda press them always even if they are not CD yet )
    This way i can use ability so fast than no mouse turner can ever defeat me if he has same level and same ilevel gear (i am talking about twinks 29 rogues, pala dps, druids,etc)

A mouse turner has the left hand on wasd (i think) and he uses this hand to control 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0
    5 fingers and 10 buttons < than 10 fingers and 10 buttons)
    right hand is blocked on mouse he can use 2 buttons on mouse - left button to go forward and right to atack,select targets.
    Which means 2 fingers are used to click same buttons, and 3 fingers are not exploited.

What you win from keyboard turning
    + you use 10 fingers, faster reaction on abilities you can always jump and use obstacales
    - you turn left and right slow but you can always go backwards and don t need to turn

What you win in mouse turning
    + you turn left and right instantly, thus confusing your enemy, if he is a player,not a mob
    - you use 7 fingers and 3 are not used
    - you don't strafe,go backwards
    - you use abilities but slower than a keyboard turner

Overall

If you are a noob player, you probably keyboard turning but in time you will learn to mouse turn and get to a mediocre skill.
    If you are a very experienced player you keyboard turn and you use your abilities faster than anybody elses.

so
    noob(keyboard tur)< mediocre(mouse turn)< expert(ADVANCE keyboard turn)