Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Next Expansion ideas

Hey guys i just had an idea and i wanted some constructive feedback on the idea. it pertains to cata or the next expansion afterwards.

It seems like we are heading towards the Horde v Alliance war again with all the events of cata and the fortifications around the world. with the new phasing technology i was thnking of a new way to go about world pvp and make it a little bit more intersting raiding alliance citys and camps and strongholds all over azeroth.

one thing i was thinking of was if a raid of alliance decided to attack orgrimar they could control it for a certain amount of time using siege vehicles airial combat and make it feel like an actual war. obviously this creates problems for the low level players questing training their skills and using the AH/bank etc. on pve servers this shouldnt be a big problem unless they are dumb enough to attack one of the 85s. on a pvp server they can some sort of immunity in that situation in their city. the opposing faction would have 45 mins to an hour to capture keys points of the city progressivley throughtout the entire city leading up to the leader of each city. the clock starts when the first guard is killed and each point of interest would have certain defences set up plus the other 85s from the defending faction. IMO the seige combat should only be for the gates in the front so it feels more warlike and then afterwards they are disabled to clear upt eh issue with those.

if the attacking faction wins the assault they get certain bonuses in honor an achievment and the right to say they captured the opposing factions city. the city will be in ruin for 1 hour or so and then be immune to attack untill the next daily reset sort of like heroic dungeons. if the defending faction wins they are still immune to attacks but only for the next 5 hours. these timers can be checked at any battlemaster in major citys.

so guys lemme hear some feedback on if you like the idea or if your completley against it.

Would be fun, but I think it would give to man consecvenses. If the city is in ruins, no1 can access AH, trainers, bank etc etc. Would be so much whining, but also fun!
    When I want to log out, where's the save button? I can't find it anywhere, been logged in for three years now.

Deleted
    Sound's were going to have like a giant Wintergrasp. Sure it would be cool but it shouldn't work im afraid, would be to much lag and at some servers it would work better than on other due how populated they are and etc

yea thats what its all about though taking down the enemy and cutting off their supplies for only so much time. after an hour or whatever blizz feels would be reasonable the city would be back up and fully functional.

---------- Post added 2010-09-29 at 07:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by itsdouja View Post
    Sound's were going to have like a giant Wintergrasp. Sure it would be cool but it shouldn't work im afraid, would be to much lag and at some servers it would work better than on other due how populated they are and etc
    true on the lags end maybe what they can do is have an evacuation type deal and anyone who wants to defend the city can sign up at the battlemaster and they will be put into groups like WG. anyone who didnt sign up gets ported out to an area that has portal access to other citys even dal and shatt if they so choose.

I think it would work as long as the Cooldown was a week, not just a day. Also, mix it up. Have 1 random alliance city and 1 random horde city each week. To do that they would also need to get rid of the option to fly over cities for opposing factions.

Sadly I don't think this would ever be implemented in WoW but I do like the idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    this sounds a lil to much like what happens in warhammer online they can and do what you are suggesting but is it a good idea? eh i like i bet the lore fans will all kinds of pissed though

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    I think it would work as long as the Cooldown was a week, not just a day. Also, mix it up. Have 1 random alliance city and 1 random horde city each week. To do that they would also need to get rid of the option to fly over cities for opposing factions.

Sadly I don't think this would ever be implemented in WoW but I do like the idea.
    not a bad thought on the weekly but it would suck for those who cant compete in it to get the bonuses like lets say they have work or something like that they have to wait a week. if it were a day they can come on some days and get the bonus. maybe it can be a timed event aswell like lets say you queue up in SW for the thunderbluff daily raid you get ported to the alliance camp in mulgore and mount up to Thunderbluff and begin the assault led by a general and other captains and such.

Sorry, but no. Some of us don't give two rat's asses about PVP and just want to play the damn game. That's why we play on PVE servers. Please stop trying to force down our throats something we do not want and specifically chose not to participate in.

Sooo... Is this a thread to discuss this one idea or bring also new ideas about coming expansions into this thread?

If so, I like moonwells. In Warcraft 3, they healed units. So why not in WoW?

To build into this, if a wisp builded a moonwell near Orgrimmar, and Alliance units builded a camp near that, those units could heal there, fight for Orgrimmar, get near-slain, turned back, healed at the moonwell, and fight again.

Or using moonwells in battlegrounds? Would be cool in my opinion...

Any further suggestions, ideas or feedback about this or the thread starter's idea?

* if this thread is only to discuss the thread starter's idea, then just /ignore this.

Quote Originally Posted by psdew1813 View Post
    this sounds a lil to much like what happens in warhammer online they can and do what you are suggesting but is it a good idea? eh i like i bet the lore fans will all kinds of pissed though
    i dont get it whats more lorewise than the horde vs alliance war?? if anything they should enjoy the faction v faction combat instead of Rping in goldshire and screwing a squirrel.

---------- Post added 2010-09-29 at 08:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zeemeerman2 View Post
    Sooo... Is this a thread to discuss this one idea or bring also new ideas about coming expansions into this thread?

If so, I like moonwells. In Warcraft 3, they healed units. So why not in WoW?

To build into this, if a wisp builded a moonwell near Orgrimmar, and Alliance units builded a camp near that, those units could heal there, fight for Orgrimmar, get near-slain, turned back, healed at the moonwell, and fight again.

Or using moonwells in battlegrounds? Would be cool in my opinion...

Any further suggestions, ideas or feedback about this or the thread starter's idea?

* if this thread is only to discuss the thread starter's idea, then just /ignore this.
    i like your idea as well i never played wc3 but it sounds like a nice idea and i dont mind if people throw their ideas on here as long as they give feedback on the OP post.

Deleted
    The Expansion after Cataclysm WILL be World of Warcraft: The Great Sea's.

Wait a couple of Months. This will be official, I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindication View Post

well lets add some naval combat into the mix =p

---------- Post added 2010-09-29 at 08:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Sorry, but no. Some of us don't give two rat's asses about PVP and just want to play the damn game. That's why we play on PVE servers. Please stop trying to force down our throats something we do not want and specifically chose not to participate in.
    then dont participate in it. its not being forced onto you and pve is just half of this game the other half is pvp and unlike you and the other rats asses they enjoy it. you dont like the pvp aspect of this fine avoid the city. theres plenty of AH's in the other citys and in dal/shatt now. keep the thread on a contructive level and not a bash the thread with the "i dont give a shit about pvp so stop making me do it." noone is making you do this.

Quote Originally Posted by terrih91 View Post
    not a bad thought on the weekly but it would suck for those who cant compete in it to get the bonuses like lets say they have work or something like that they have to wait a week. if it were a day they can come on some days and get the bonus. maybe it can be a timed event aswell like lets say you queue up in SW for the thunderbluff daily raid you get ported to the alliance camp in mulgore and mount up to Thunderbluff and begin the assault led by a general and other captains and such.
    The problem with a daily timer is that you would burn people out fast. It could also become frustrating for those on the losing side having to constantly go to another city for an hour every day because their city is being destroyed.

As long as people could opt out, it would be fine.
    Last edited by Felpalidan; 2013-09-01 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    The problem with a daily timer is that you would burn people out fast. It could also become frustrating for those on the losing side having to constantly go to another city for an hour every day because their city is being destroyed.
    agreed to a certain extent. maybe if it were on a weekly basis or twice a week the rewards should be upped a little bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vindication View Post

Who would be the bosses in the Great seas then?

Azshara and?

Maybe they could meet half way and use the old ZG/ZA 3 day cooldown.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Who would be the bosses in the Great seas then?

Azshara and?
    I guess you obviously don't know Lore.

How about we wait for this expansion to come out first

I'm confused....didn't the op mention phasing? So...give people an option. If you want to help defend/attack, then it'll affect you. If you don't care about the attack, then it won't.