Poll: Should they give each race a profession bonus?

10+ Year Old Account

Should all races be given a profession boost?

As said above, should they? I know this may have been discussed before, but with the new race changes coming up, no time like the present. I was thinking something along these lines for the profession/race combos:

Alchemy- Goblin
    Enchanting- Blood Elves
    Engineering- Gnomes
    Herablism- Tauren
    Inscription- Undead
    Jewelcrafting- Draenei
    Mining- Humans
    Skinning- Worgen
    Leatherworking- Trolls
    Tailoring- Night elves

they could even be more than just the simple +15 skill, it could be increased gathering speeds, faster crafting times, etc.

edit: forgot new races. No more mining for dwarves, they get + archaeology
    Last edited by Nourish; 2010-09-29 at 09:10 PM.

Yes! This is extremel-e necessar-e.

Well not that^, but it couldn't hurt.
    Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold.

Deleted
    Sounds great yea. but still imo nelves should have inscription and humans tailoring (hence nelf mages)

10+ Year Old Account
    Dwarves are getting one? +15 Archaeology last time I checked. If you ask me Night Elves should get Inscription and Humans get Tailoring

15+ Year Old Account
    i wouldn't mind having it but i would not go crying about not having it either

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meizor View Post
    Sounds great yea. but still imo nelves should have inscription and humans tailoring (hence nelf mages)
    I just figured inscription being more of an arcane art would be frowned upon by most night elves, and tailoring more accepted since night elves are often shown with more detailed clothing. And they have a large numbers of spider silk available to them at their home to get them started.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Dwarves are getting one? +15 Archaeology last time I checked. If you ask me Night Elves should get Inscription and Humans get Tailoring
    Oh, to be more clear i meant primary profession bonuses.

goblins are getting the alchemy one (I think) so I don't think undeads will get that one

Thanks for this awesome signature tazsar!

No, you can't fit a profession to all races, most of those examples feel forced just for the sake of giving them one, while the current ones are given because of what that race actually has or does and stuff.

Why would humans get Inscription and Night Elves tailoring? I suppose some of the others are justifiable, trolls getting LW maybe, but really, you can't make them all fit.

Maybe a "Jack of All Trades" racial for humans that gives a +5 bonus to all primary professions? Since they are the JoaT race in WoW, and are naturally able at a variety of things.

profession boost racials are the unnecessariest racials of all racials. i´d like to see some more unique racials instead of them.

but i dont think blizzard will ever get rid of these racials so it would be kind of fair that every race get one of these profession boost racials instead of somethink else wich could be better. but the problem with this boosts is, that they dont give you any benift when you´re at the profession level cap. so something like gathering speed or crafting speed, as the op said would be kinda neat.

If you read the info about the dwarf + archaeology racial, you'll notice it says it reduces cooldown or increases the speed of surveying. (not sure which, one of the two)
    So in that way the profession racials could be more worthwhile.

The plus X number doesn't actually do anything of genuine effect and while some of the ideas presented here (faster cast time, etc.) are good they're potentially too op in some respects (faster miners or faster herbalists would have a noticeable advantage particularly when coupled with classes like paladins or druids).

It also inevitably creates a weird obligation down the road with the advent of other potential races needing to have a new profession created for them.

I think for all those reasons the profession booster talents should just be removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    This, but yea good idea

Quote Originally Posted by kingmob View Post
    The plus X number doesn't actually do anything of genuine effect and while some of the ideas presented here (faster cast time, etc.) are good they're potentially too op in some respects (faster miners or faster herbalists would have a noticeable advantage particularly when coupled with classes like paladins or druids).

It also inevitably creates a weird obligation down the road with the advent of other potential races needing to have a new profession created for them.

I think for all those reasons the profession booster talents should just be removed.
    I don't see how a slightly shorter cast time will be "unbalanced". You can argue anything is unbalanced then, for example paladins have the fastest flying speed of all races ... it's unbalanced!!!

And racials are revised each expansion anyway, so the new race comment is quite irrelevant.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like the ones that are already in game, but I almost feel it would be overkill if each race had one.