Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Heres a screen from vanilla

from what ive seen it is either going to be like has been said, a giant dagger or a staff to maximize the number of people who can use it

Quote Originally Posted by Egga View Post
    No, there's like 2 caster dps classes that can use it so no way in hell it's going to be a sword
    The Warglaves were only usable by two classes

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    It was basically the only vanilla item with feral attack power? Thus it was bis feral weapon. Like most vanilla druid gear, it obviously has stays for everything since druids actually did everything.

@Quehn
    Just because a feral probably never got the staff from his guild doesn't mean it didn't exist.
    I didn't say it didn't exist?

Just because a class can use a legendary, doesn't mean it's designed for them. Val'anyr was BiS for shadow priests, but you would never argue that they should get it over a healer would you?

EDIT: http://www.wowhead.com/item=21268 is the best tanking weapon before 2.0 for Ferals
    Last edited by Quehn; 2010-10-01 at 10:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll be an offhand, Seer's Orb of the Norris

It is prolly gonna be either an off-hand like someone else said. The reason for that would be that every caster could use it, they could make it look awsome, and it would prolly last for all of cata.

Also they could add an awsome proc to it, like what they had with black magic origanaly, but better
    Last edited by Daggy1111; 2010-10-01 at 10:53 PM.

Keep in mind by first, I didnt mean first tier I meant First Legendary in Cata

Tier 6 Gives you wings!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daggy1111 View Post
    It is prolly gonna be either an off-hand...
    This

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Sycthe of Elune would make sense... Or maybe for those favoring a legendary dagger, a Shard of the scythe of elune?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvok View Post
    It will be a tank weapon, sorry.
    Tank Staff Right?

1h Sword that can change to a dagger would be best imo. All the caster dps are covered, and the sword allows Paladins to use it.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by digiNuck View Post
    That comparison doesn't work. If you say all 2h melee could use Shadowmourne, you can't then compare it to all caster classes. You'd have to compare all casters to all melee, and in that case 3 of 6 melee classes can use shadowmourne and 2 of 5 could use a caster legendary sword. Seems about right to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soahar View Post
    The Warglaves were only usable by two classes
    Shesh. You people are thick, aren't you? It's not possible to create one legendary useful to all melee classes. If it's 2hander, only 3 classes can use it. If they make it into a 1hander only 3 classes have an use for use it as well. It is NOT possible to have one legendary useful to all melee classes, unless it had several different forms. On the other hand, it is perfectly possible to have one legendary useful for all caster classes. Please, give me one reason why would Blizzard intentionally make it not accessible to more than half the caster population while we were deprived of a legendary ever since Naxx40... Of course, the actual proc it's going to have may favor some classes or specs over others - but that's a whole different story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oweena View Post
    I think a staff would be more fitting as a legendary weapon.

Dagger is just.. too small to be interesting.
    Prince of persia sands of time would like a word with you :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mastrcapn View Post
    It'll be the Scythe of Elune in Staff Form.
    OH GOD YES! :P

They could make it a combo MH and OH for casters like they did for the warglaives. But now that i think about it collecting shards with 75% drop rate from all bosses is a lot easier than some low drop rate random crap off 1 boss since some good guilds never even got a set of warglaives in a year while others got 3 sets in 4 months.

pine cone on a stick pine cone on a stick

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oweena View Post
    Compare the size of a sword and a mace to a dagger and then come back
    why is it all about size for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Quehn View Post
    I didn't say it didn't exist?

Just because a class can use a legendary, doesn't mean it's designed for them. Val'anyr was BiS for shadow priests, but you would never argue that they should get it over a healer would you?

EDIT: http://www.wowhead.com/item=21268 is the best tanking weapon before 2.0 for Ferals
    No that wouldn't be. If you are going for mitigation which I assume is your point, the warden staff http://www.wowhead.com/item=943 is a better bet. However, threat was a major issue in vanilla, esp for horde who's rogues and dps warriors had windfury totem and no blessing of salv, thus why I said Atiesh was BiS feral tank (well BiS feral anything).

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Shesh. You people are thick, aren't you? It's not possible to create one legendary useful to all melee classes. If it's 2hander, only 3 classes can use it. If they make it into a 1hander only 3 classes have an use for use it as well. It is NOT possible to have one legendary useful to all melee classes, unless it had several different forms. On the other hand, it is perfectly possible to have one legendary useful for all caster classes. Please, give me one reason why would Blizzard intentionally make it not accessible to more than half the caster population while we were deprived of a legendary ever since Naxx40... Of course, the actual proc it's going to have may favor some classes or specs over others - but that's a whole different story.
    The point is that just because it would be more beneficial to do it that way doesn't mean it will be done that way. Blizzard can do whatever they want with it and have shown that they likely will anyways, that doesn't mean they have to do it the way you think they should no matter how unfair you think it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Tanking legendary? Thunderfury says hi! BiS for tanks in vanilla (except bear tanks but Atiesh was theirs).
    Thunderfury does say hi. I've seen tons of rogues and dps warriors use it back in the day. Tanks (warriors) only used it for the threat, it wasn't good at all for tank stats. (The proc can be just as easily applied by a rogue or warrior who's dpsing) Also, if you want to speak in turns, Atiesh came after TF.

As for the bear problem, that can easily be solved with the atiesh/vendorstrike trick. The ability to transform it into a staff with defensive stats (so as to deter hunters from it). A mace of some kind I suppose, Deathwing's tail perhaps :P

Either way I've never cared much for legendaries. They turn people into dipshits, drooling ones, like they hunger for the thing. Many people whine and complain about which role is getting it, and at least 90% (made up statstics ftw, but it's a conservative number) of the people whining will never even get to go further than accepting the quest.
    "The truth, my goal."

Quote Originally Posted by AdamG3691 View Post
    Prince of persia sands of time would like a word with you :P
    Awww, you beat me to it. I thought I was going to get through this whole thread and be the first person to mention Prince of Persia. That Dagger was definitely legendary, not not too large.
    Altoholic Extraordinaire!
    80 Fire Mage / 80 Fury Warrior / 80 Disc Priest / 80 Prot Paladin / 80 Afflic Warlock / 80 Mut Rogue / 80 Resto Druid / 80 Resto Shaman / 80 Blood DK / 49 Bank Hunter
    As you can imagine, I'm an expert on none, but knowledgeable on all.