Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    As a transition between the starting zone and the Lost Isles, I think the goblin cutscene works. However, without trying to give away too much for those who don't want to see it, I found the goblin cutscene to be a little less than satisfactory, actually. I think the basic pieces were there, but they could have fleshed them out a more.

It looks like a "real" sunflower now? The one seen on beta was ugly and pretty rubbish.

And I wish people would stop calling this simple machinima crap "cinematic"

"Hey guys, we need two new mounts for them to drool over."
    "Hey, I just turned down the opacity of the Frostwolf Howler and I can barely tell the difference! Let's do that!"
    "Wow I just accidentally deleted the Celestial Steed's wings... oops. Oh hey that looks nice!"

Deleted
    this .... Is ..... Awesome!

Deleted
    Whenever i hear 'cinematic' i think of the game intro's..to me this might've aswell been a fanmade machinima. Its ok- ish,but nothing epic that gives me goosebumps. The mounts are dissapointing,but hey,blizz is all about recycling in this expansion. The minipets are uber cute,the sunflower actually looks like the sunflowers from plants vs. zombies,i hope it actually really has a melody when it sings.
    Very much looking forward to archeology.

Deleted
    Jizzed when i see cinematic. If all look like this. WOW

I don't know if that sunflower pet is creepy looking or crappy looking. Yikes. Also disappointed in the "Spectral Frostwolf Howler". But I'm sure there will be a good news day soon that will knock my socks off and make me forget about this stuff!

10+ Year Old Account
    Enough with the petty machinimas. I doubt Blizzard are so tight for money that they can no longer afford to make quality CGI cinematics like the Wotlk trailer was.

Sure, the Goblin video was nice, but Worgen, being the superior race, will have a superior cinematic. I look forward to it.

Just stop whining, If you can do better - leave us alone and go do it >.>

That cinematic was awesome. Almost makes me wanna roll a goblin.

What really got me is 3 alliance ships against 1 horde ship. Isn't that just wrong? Or did I miss something about all that?

Anyway, can't wait for Cata
    Last edited by Honeyprime; 2010-10-15 at 04:59 PM.
    Karma always has the last laugh.

Wow, that's one impressive cinematic. They actually animated it instead of using static models ala Wrathgate.

Quote Originally Posted by hheebo View Post
    Cinematic is old news, but at least it's better than the wrath gate one. I always felt it was silly.
    Old news? It was added like 3-5 days ago?

If you follow the you-tube links, at the conclusion of the goblin cinematic, you'll see TB's short preview of the sunflower - it's brilliant - I was lmao the whole time - TB that is one of your best bits ever

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybunn38 View Post
    That cinematic was awesome. Almost makes me wanna roll a goblin.

What really got me is 3 alliance ships against 1 horde ship. Isn't that just wrong? Or did I miss something about all that?

Anyway, can't wait for Cata
    Thrall is on the horde ship and he's leaving to go to Nagrand or whatever. The alliance try to capture him but the goblins help or something like that.

Nothing special about that spectral wolf or horse. Was hoping for a unique model.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumps View Post
    It looks like a "real" sunflower now? The one seen on beta was ugly and pretty rubbish.

And I wish people would stop calling this simple machinima crap "cinematic"
    Its NOT machinima, its a cinematic, and I can tell you don't know how HARD it is to make CGI cinematic. You don't know about how long it takes to pose and animate them, or create the realistic models or even RENDER them if you know what that word means.

Its by far my favorite cinematic so far. (In game.) They got the facial expressions down!

It's insulting to see those "new" mounts. Blizzard is getting to be more blatantly shameless in their sheer laziness and crapping on their consumer with recycling stuff. That's from the gigantic force of brainwashed people who were rewired to only say, "omg... ______ is AMAZING". And it's because of these people why we keep getting more recycled content than original content. They'll be the destruction of their very own favorite game in the end.

The Goblin cinematic was nicely done, though would love to see them blow some of those hundreds of millions in pure profits this game makes to do their CGI stuff which they're good at. It goes to show that when Blizzard is forced to make new content they can do a good job, it's just the fans are not forcing them in the slightest. In fact, they encourage them to recycle, and forgive them from "Copy and Pasting" models.

I am not one of the Beta users, but on the PTR Friday and I really really hope 4.0.1 does not go live Tues. They need to have a PTR where almost everything (e.g. mounts, professions) works at least a couple of days before deployment. To do the T part of PTR.

2nd Tuesday in Oct could happen. But unless there is some much further advanced internal build, I can't see three days from now.

Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    Thrall is on the horde ship and he's leaving to go to Nagrand or whatever. The alliance try to capture him but the goblins help or something like that.
    Okay, tyvm. That makes me embarrassed to be Alliance. I hope Varian isn't the one who ordered that mess.
    Karma always has the last laugh.

OK if the new steeds are rep rewards its not gonna be hard at all to get them. Blizzard should make them extremely hard like a achievement for doing all x battleground achievements.