Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Ret bringing all the haste in Cata?

How is it supposed to be delivered? I hear that our Ret aura's will bring 22ish% melee haste in cata. How? And where does it say that, i can't find any information on Ret giving haste in cata.

This was removed along with swift retribution sadly. I would love to still have swift retribution now. For free 3% haste and possible 5% baseline for selfish buff. /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    This was removed along with swift retribution sadly. I would love to still have swift retribution now. For free 3% haste and possible 5% baseline for selfish buff. /sigh
    or just spec for JotP and get 9% haste...

Quote Originally Posted by Alenko View Post
    Not quite the same considering that the 9% would have stacked with the 3% and/or 20% if we had them.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

So Ret isn't going to buff others with a haste? it's just self only? Weird, wtf is ret going to bring to a raid? No backup heals, no DI, average to poor DPS and no utility. I'm just curious what 'role' Ret will play in raids, i'm not finding any right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice View Post
    Not quite the same considering that the 9% would have stacked with the 3% and/or 20% if we had them.
    beat me too it. WTB upped value of CS reduction on talent plox. 50% increase

Quote Originally Posted by Sindy View Post
    So Ret isn't going to buff others with a haste? it's just self only? Weird, wtf is ret going to bring to a raid? No backup heals, no DI, average to poor DPS and no utility. I'm just curious what 'role' Ret will play in raids, i'm not finding any right now.
    Retribution - 3% dmg, Might, Kings, Repentance (if cc is needed) and Rebuke (semi short cd interrupt). also ret is a dps spec and last I checked thats generally what you are supposed to bring (dps).

also why do you care about backup healing? no other healer hybrid that specs dps cares about doing it from what I've seen (see shamans) and I've never understood why a lot of ret paladins are so stuck on wanting to heal while speced ret.

Deleted
    Retribution - 3% dmg, Might, Kings, Repentance (if cc is needed) and Rebuke (semi short cd interrupt). also ret is a dps spec and last I checked thats generally what you are supposed to bring (dps).

also why do you care about backup healing? no other healer hybrid that specs dps cares about doing it from what I've seen (see shamans) and I've never understood why a lot of ret paladins are so stuck on wanting to heal while speced ret.
    Don't forget Replenishment

10+ Year Old Account
    And if you want even more utility, you can spec for Judgements of the Just, but I don't know how much that will work in raids.

Rebuke is a joke, they should at least remove it from global cooldown.
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

rebuke has a GCD lol wtf

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    rebuke has a GCD lol wtf
    im not even gonna spec for it
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Prot and Holy aren't getting Might or Kings? How does repentance help in a Raid? I guarantee it will do little to nothing, and Mages are way more equiped to CC than Ret. By far. +3% damage? Don't other classes also bring that but with more DPS?

I'm quite aware Ret will bring 'dps' but if i'm a group leader thinking about what DPS i should bring i don't think "oh, i should bring a ret because they have average to below DPS to offer and buffs our tanks and/or healer(s) can give us". So.... let me be more specific. What does Ret bring to the table that make them stick out.

Why do i care about backup healing? Because it was fun, and effective. Seems logical to me that Healing hybrids should at least be able to heal themselves more than Rogues/Warriors at the very least, but i'd prefer that we have backup healing capabilities. Doesn't seem Ret will have the means for any prolonged healing whatsoever.

Prot and Holy aren't getting Might or Kings? How does repentance help in a Raid? I guarantee it will do little to nothing, and Mages are way more equiped to CC than Ret. By far. +3% damage? Don't other classes also bring that but with more DPS?

I'm quite aware Ret will bring 'dps' but if i'm a group leader thinking about what DPS i should bring i don't think "oh, i should bring a ret because they have average to below DPS to offer and buffs our tanks and/or healer(s) can give us". So.... let me be more specific. What does Ret bring to the table that make them stick out.

Why do i care about backup healing? Because it was fun, and effective. Seems logical to me that Healing hybrids should at least be able to heal themselves more than Rogues/Warriors at the very least, but i'd prefer that we have backup healing capabilities. Doesn't seem Ret will have the means for any prolonged healing whatsoever.
    If you want some balance in your raid specially in a 25 man you're not gonna have 6 mages you're gonna have like 2-3 tanks,6 healers, that takes care of 9 spots so u have 16 more spots so you can basically go 8 melee and 8 range or go something like 5 melee and 11 range.

People are not gonna raid with a absurd number of the same class, it's like would u want to raid with 5 ret paladins?, no cause thats more competition for plate gear and thats gonna be the same for any other class.

10 mans will probably be different and all i can say is you will probably have to work your butt off to get that melee spot or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexme View Post
    10 mans will probably be different and all i can say is you will probably have to work your butt off to get that melee spot or two.
    I don't usually have a problem finding a group but judging from the parses i've seen from 85 rets in cata our damage is pretty terrible (below the tanks), even when being played by a very skilled player. Now don't get me wrong, i wouldn't mind doing a little less damage if there were other attractive qualities our spec provided. I'm not mad, just fishing for answers really heh.

15+ Year Old Account
    because beta numbers are reliable and totally making it to live.

If you want some balance in your raid specially in a 25 man you're not gonna have 6 mages you're gonna have like 2-3 tanks,6 healers, that takes care of 9 spots so u have 16 more spots so you can basically go 8 melee and 8 range or go something like 5 melee and 11 range.

People are not gonna raid with a absurd number of the same class, it's like would u want to raid with 5 ret paladins?, no cause thats more competition for plate gear and thats gonna be the same for any other class.

Lol jk no reason you cannot bring 15 hunters now if they are the top dps since they can bring all the buffs/debuffs + bloodlust. A little bit of an exageration but only a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulPoetry View Post
    because beta numbers are reliable and totally making it to live.
    I think you've misunderstood my concern. Thank you for posting though.

---------- Post added 2010-10-04 at 06:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bigjenk View Post
    Lol jk no reason you cannot bring 15 hunters now if they are the top dps since they can bring all the buffs/debuffs + bloodlust. A little bit of an exageration but only a little bit.
    Actually Warlocks and Mages are top DPS in Casterclysm.

I don't usually have a problem finding a group but judging from the parses i've seen from 85 rets in cata our damage is pretty terrible (below the tanks), even when being played by a very skilled player. Now don't get me wrong, i wouldn't mind doing a little less damage if there were other attractive qualities our spec provided. I'm not mad, just fishing for answers really heh.
    Well you have to think it this way, you're gonna be in mostly blues at lvl 85 tell you can get into raids and theres no raids on Beta so we cant see how Ret is at end game and how we scale at content that matters.

We might scale with better gear or we might not scale at all, which would be a damn big problem.

Well you have to think it this way, you're gonna be in mostly blues at lvl 85 tell you can get into raids and theres no raids on Beta so we cant see how Ret is at end game and how we scale at content that matters.

We might scale with better gear or we might not scale at all, which would be a damn big problem.
    Yeah with my assumption that our dps will be average to sub par in Cata aside, I'm seeing very little utility for a role in raids. I feel like Ret is a square class trying to fit into a circular raid slot, and while we can be present, I'm not seeing much of a desire to get a Ret specifically into a raid. We bring very little if you really look at it. DPS Aside.