Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenko View Post
    also why do you care about backup healing? no other healer hybrid that specs dps cares about doing it from what I've seen (see shamans) and I've never understood why a lot of ret paladins are so stuck on wanting to heal while speced ret.
    When there's a lot of aoe healing stress in 5's (specifically when the content is new and you're not overgearing everything), the instant Chain Heals that enhancement shaman are able to do in lieu of instant Lightning Bolt / Chain Lightning is actually very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindy View Post
    Let me offer some clarity. I don't care if they fix any other class, as long as they fix Ret. I know others have their problems and so don't we. Comparing the classes isn't something i care to do and that seems like what you want to do to publish some sort of complaint you have with your class or melee in general. However, i will throw this in the mix. Warriors and Rogues both self heal better than a Ret paladin. I hope thats not an intended design, and anticipate they will fix that. But we'll see.

I think their vision needs glasses. Pretty soon we'll have 4 classes and no specs. "Tank, Healer, MeleeDPSer, and RangedDPSer" I personally think that each class should have 'a thing' that others don't offer. I know what they hope to do, but clearly disagree and i'm expressing my discontent on this thread.

If that's what we get that's what we get but i don't want bloodlust. That's Shaman. And soon to be mages, that already have enough tools at their disposal imo. Nope it doesn't even need to be 'that' powerful. Maybe "best hybrid DPS", maybe "haste effect on our aura's, that exceeds other classes haste effects" maybe very good and effective CC, or something? These are just examples for the sake of giving examples, obviously balancing with any idea would have to occur. But you said previously that i asked specifically for BL and i didn't. This doggy just wants a bone, not the shaft.
    Ok, lets get this going then, shall we, you are still the regular Q_Q I want to be OP whiner, but I'll bite.

1. Yes it does matter that other classes are also in the position as your single tree, they are busy adjusting the numbers, and you are being ignorant to not see that they are busy with it. They first want to nail all the mechanics in the new skills.

2. While this can happen, Blizzard has done a lot to work against it, we have a lot of different UI types and interesting rotations/priotities come Cataclysm and this will have the effect of giving all the classes/trees uniqueness.

3. Cool, you want the tree you play to be OP compared to all the others. I call bulshit, whiner.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    Ok, lets get this going then, shall we, you are still the regular Q_Q I want to be OP whiner, but I'll bite.

1. Yes it does matter that other classes are also in the position as your single tree, they are busy adjusting the numbers, and you are being ignorant to not see that they are busy with it. They first want to nail all the mechanics in the new skills.

2. While this can happen, Blizzard has done a lot to work against it, we have a lot of different UI types and interesting rotations/priotities come Cataclysm and this will have the effect of giving all the classes/trees uniqueness.

3. Cool, you want the tree you play to be OP compared to all the others. I call bulshit, whiner.
    Beat you too it, think I said the exact same thing on my points.

*highfive*

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Beat you too it, think I said the exact same thing on my points.

*highfive*
    *highfive* <3

I can take it that he says Ret is broken at the moment, they are. Let me rephrase that, we are as I also play Ret often in raid enviroments. But stating that it should be OP just because, is not the smartest thing to state, it just reeks of the standardised view of the 3.0 FOTM pala.

Typo; typed "view" as "vief", I hate my HTC.
    Last edited by Pickwickman; 2010-10-05 at 07:15 PM.

*highfive* <3

I can take it that he says Ret is broken at the moment, they are. Let me rephrase that, we are as I also play Ret often in raid enviroments. But stating that it should be OP just because, is not the smartest thing to state, it just reeks of the standardised vief of the 3.0 FOTM pala.
    agreed

If that's what we get that's what we get but i don't want bloodlust. That's Shaman. And soon to be mages, that already have enough tools at their disposal imo. Nope it doesn't even need to be 'that' powerful. Maybe "best hybrid DPS", maybe "haste effect on our aura's, that exceeds other classes haste effects" maybe very good and effective CC, or something? These are just examples for the sake of giving examples, obviously balancing with any idea would have to occur. But you said previously that i asked specifically for BL and i didn't. This doggy just wants a bone, not the shaft.
    So you DO want to be a special snowflake!

tsk tsk...

Ghost Crawler says: NO HASTE FOR YOU!, NEXT EXPANSION! COME BACK!

Honestly at this point we can only hope for more polished mechanics and a proper number pass to get all melee in range of casters, preferably a happy medium, between both.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    My thoughts.
    Thank you for your 3rd grade analysis.

---------- Post added 2010-10-05 at 07:24 PM ----------

*highfive* <3

I can take it that he says Ret is broken at the moment, they are. Let me rephrase that, we are as I also play Ret often in raid enviroments. But stating that it should be OP just because, is not the smartest thing to state, it just reeks of the standardised view of the 3.0 FOTM pala.

Typo; typed "view" as "vief", I hate my HTC.
    Hmm. When did i say that ret should be OP again? You've saturated yourself with your own delusions of what you think i said so much that you're not even talking to me anymore. You're talking to this fictitious super villain that you've invent, because what you're saying has nothing to do with my opinion.

I don't want to be OP at all. You said that not me.

There you go using ignorant in place of something constructive... I'm glad they do want to fix everything, i imagine that'd be their goal. However, i'm only concerned with Ret, because that's what i play. If not i'd go discuss this on a melee thread or something but then rogues dk's and warriors and all the other melee would pile on all kids of class specific discussion that i don't really care about if i did. So i came here to maybe find out what we had to offer, but as it turns out not very much. That's disappointing. Though, i have to admit. Ret's DPS seems like it will scale very very well with haste and mastery. Which is cool.

Ret does have some unique qualities, i agree. But not the type of Unique qualities i would like to see. And quite honestly, there's not much. Repentance? I dunno, i don't want to list everything out but that's how i feel about that anyway.

No, i don't want ret to be OP. But i don't want to Upgrade to and expansion, and have my characters effectiveness in raids be Downgraded... or mushed into some kind of melee mush of all kinds of jumbled abilities. I mean, doesn't sound too fun to me if everyone ends up being able to do everything...

how about you replace the word ignorant for oblivious, then maybe you would realize his post is on the dot.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really, Anaxie gets banned and Sindy, who was equally part of the flame war, gets nothing? Christ Sindy even threw personal insults. That's a little one sided.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmrdkm View Post
    how about you replace the word ignorant for oblivious, then maybe you would realize his post is on the dot.
    Yes, you are right, I should have worded that better. But I am getting tired of getting through to people like him. This is why we can't have nice things.

---------- Post added 2010-10-05 at 07:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Anaxie has been given a short forum vacation. I advise people to not respond to trolls and flamers, or i will be handing them an infraction next time. Consider this a warning.
    Mate, seriously? Why did he get an infraction for answering a troll, and the troll itself gets no whack with a banhammer? That is illogical in my book.

Anaxie, if you are reading this, I am sorry for you.

---------- Post added 2010-10-05 at 07:48 PM ----------

I don't want to be OP at all. You said that not me.

There you go using ignorant in place of something constructive... I'm glad they do want to fix everything, i imagine that'd be their goal. However, i'm only concerned with Ret, because that's what i play. If not i'd go discuss this on a melee thread or something but then rogues dk's and warriors and all the other melee would pile on all kids of class specific discussion that i don't really care about if i did. So i came here to maybe find out what we had to offer, but as it turns out not very much. That's disappointing. Though, i have to admit. Ret's DPS seems like it will scale very very well with haste and mastery. Which is cool.

Ret does have some unique qualities, i agree. But not the type of Unique qualities i would like to see. And quite honestly, there's not much. Repentance? I dunno, i don't want to list everything out but that's how i feel about that anyway.

No, i don't want ret to be OP. But i don't want to Upgrade to and expansion, and have my characters effectiveness in raids be Downgraded... or mushed into some kind of melee mush of all kinds of jumbled abilities. I mean, doesn't sound too fun to me if everyone ends up being able to do everything...
    So you want everyone to be equal, except the Ret paladins, who needs something better. How is that not asking to be better than everybody else?

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Wish I had your perseverance. I haven't logged in for three weeks outside of tonight, the game is preeetty dull right now.
    I had to finish up my 10 man ICC mount, so yeah. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rlyskilled View Post
    Really, Anaxie gets banned and Sindy, who was equally part of the flame war, gets nothing? Christ Sindy even threw personal insults. That's a little one sided.
    its not that i am answering your request for a suspension, but he was out of order.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like you!

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet View Post
    its not that i am answering your request for a suspension, but he was out of order.
    Well to be fair yes he was out of order, but so wasn't Pickwickman right after the girl whatever her name was got banned, and so wasn't mmrdkm. Gonna ban them too or was it only Rlyskilled that has clout to ban people without having forum moderation. Fair is fair right?

15+ Year Old Account
    I like you!
    Want a napkin for that brown nose of yours?

anyways, ontopic again

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostfaced View Post
    Well to be fair yes he was out of order, but so wasn't Pickwickman right after the girl whatever her name was got banned, and so wasn't mmrdkm. Gonna ban them too or was it only Rlyskilled that has clout to ban people without having forum moderation. Fair is fair right?
    Sindy said something a couple of pages ago that was a very personal insult that offended me as well. Therefore I reported them for it. I was a bit angry to see that he had gotten off with nothing when Anaxie was banned for replying to him. So yes I said something about it. :/

Done talking about this because this is a thread about ret pallies if you have a problem with me speaking my mind PM me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostfaced View Post
    so he wasnt out of order? i dont see the problem then.

listen up, if Sindy and Anaxie weren't discussing the matter so aggresivly, others wouldnt react to that. The 'main problem' has been handled. now please refrain for calling out bans/suspensions and keep it ontopic.

Sindy said something a couple of pages ago that was a very personal insult that offended me as well. Therefore I reported them for it. I was a bit angry to see that he had gotten off with nothing when Anaxie was banned for replying to him. So yes I said something about it. :/

Done talking about this because this is a thread about ret pallies if you have a problem with me speaking my mind PM me.
    Oh no i agree, i was actually saying that i was offended by their posts as well. Not that they were simply performing an infraction.

---------- Post added 2010-10-05 at 04:03 PM ----------

listen up, if Sindy and Anaxie weren't discussing the matter so aggresivly, others wouldnt react to that. The 'main problem' has been handled. now please refrain for calling out bans/suspensions and keep it ontopic please.
    Oh, i thought banning them both was because they both did something wrong when clearly others did too in the exact same fashion. And i'd venture to guess both of the people i mentioned act like that on every thread they post on but i could be wrong.

listen up, if Sindy and Anaxie weren't discussing the matter so aggresivly, others wouldnt react to that. The 'main problem' has been handled. now please refrain for calling out bans/suspensions and keep it ontopic.
    He was out of order. I apologize for the grammar.

---------- Post added 2010-10-05 at 04:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Yeah, i apologise. I think i skimmed over a few posts tonight and do aim to correct this (or as it's been done, make sure it stays enforced as appropriate)
    It wasn't intended to be 1-sided, merely a complication so to speak (almost as confusing as why flu always picks to worst times to take you out of it a little). I saw someone provoking others, and think i missed the one responding to it actually.

Anyway, it's all sorted out now it seems. Let's get this thread back to where it was nearer the start (a topic that seemed to be fairly good discussion).
    Well the problem is fixed but it certainly didn't seem fair to Anaxie or Sindy. But enough of my moral dilema... NERF PALLIES!