Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    potting without losing the pot = win in my book

Deleted
    Alchemy seems pretty good for me. :P
    Lvled up alchemy for my DK alt who I havent lvled past 68 but considering rolling alchemy on my druid aswell, just to get the mount. :P

Um dont you think all the guilds that can afford to drop "cardoons" would have an Alch in guild already? So if they are already making the flasks for the guilds how is it taking away from your profits?.

As to me I plan to lvl Alch, Herb, JC and mining all at the same time so i can tranmute the Uncut Meta gems and then Cut them on my JC,(btw 6 months into Lich i lvled my JC and i still cost me like 150g per uncut meta)

IF you are fast and lvl your proffessions early you can make a lot of gold quick from all those ppl who have just hit lvl cap and have 5-10k gold thats burning a hole in thier pockets.

And quite frankly i dont see getting a mount as worth lvling a proffession for.
    Last edited by Rhosis; 2010-10-20 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Corrected some grammer

I just read through all the posts and not ONE PERSON mentioned the trinkets. The Alchemy trinkets will be the best pre-raid trinket you can get. I, for one, am very excited about this as much as being able to fly people around.

Maybe there will even be the potential to upgrade the trinkets so they don't become utterly useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have three Alchemists, all Transmute, and it was Delicious.

Live servers still haven't implemented the no CD on Wrath Gems, so Im raking it in with the increased price of gems due to a somewhat forced regemming of toons (mwhahaha).

Questions:

1: There are no Cata epic gems yet on BETA correct?

2: Nothing from Alchemy at the moment has a 20+hour cooldown right? (This is where I make my money. I don't sell pots/flasks, just daily transmutes every day)

3: Not a question, but YAWN sand dragon. Two of my alchemists have Swift Flight Form.

4: I believe someone mentioned it a page or two back, but is there really no updated Endless Mana potion? I spam those like no-ones business on my toons. But you'll &never* see me use a real potion (a cheap bastard I be).

5: Can a level 80 toon reach 525 skill? I really have no intention to level my priest come Cataclysm. But should Alchemy retain its cooldowns, I fear Ill have (well, not have to, but want to) level the Priest.

I looked through the profession part of the official Beta forums, and the posts were all old and uninformative. I havent found definite answers to anything I really want to know here either, so I thought Id just ask.

Ive got just shy of 40k banked for Cata and Id like to be one of the first few to max out my professions.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    Idk about you but I have at least one of every profession scattered throughout my account so I won't have money problems. As for Alchemy I'm stoked to become a dragon *high pitched squeal*

Mixolgy gives a 80+ ap bonus from flasks (And other stats if you don't play melee). So it is easily a raid viable profession

There's a cool illusion potions. I'm sure fans of novelty trinkets and items will be all over that

I'd like to make tons for myself even. Too bad shape-shifting will dispel it if I have to shape-shift for one reason or another
    “what are you doing with my little sister?!” Arthas yelled as he revved the engine on his Harley motorcycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphran View Post
    1: There are no Cata epic gems yet on BETA correct?
    There are transmutes for the blue quality gems, requires 3 green quality gem and 3 of a herb.

2: Nothing from Alchemy at the moment has a 20+hour cooldown right? (This is where I make my money. I don't sell pots/flasks, just daily transmutes every day)
    Currently alchemist get Transmute Trugold which looks like the Cata version of titansteel bar. I would assume this is a one day cooldown

3: Not a question, but YAWN sand dragon. Two of my alchemists have Swift Flight Form.
    That will save you some money, the Sand Dragon is looking to cost 25k+ gold

4: I believe someone mentioned it a page or two back, but is there really no updated Endless Mana potion? I spam those like no-ones business on my toons. But you'll &never* see me use a real potion (a cheap bastard I be).
    Mythical Mana potion, Restores 9250 to 10750 mana.

5: Can a level 80 toon reach 525 skill? I really have no intention to level my priest come Cataclysm. But should Alchemy retain its cooldowns, I fear Ill have (well, not have to, but want to) level the Priest.
    People have reported that to train past 450 requires 75 (which is similar 65 to train for northrend) so Yes, you can max your priest at 80.

Transform into a dragon....tbh I pick that over ANY PROFESSION.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of pugs and new / low level guild statics will buy our flasks for sure. However There's going to be a hell lot of alchemists beacose of dragon form, so prices might go very low and it may get better profit to sell herbs
    91 lvl Elit Alcoholic Ирез

10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of lost interest in putting Alchemy on my main after hearing the dragon mount is going to be rare and hard to get. That plus the enormous price tag attached.

Definitely going to have at least 1 or 2 alt Alchemists for transmutes/flasks/etc though.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I missed the info on the sand-dragon,how hard is it going to be to get?

Quote Originally Posted by BishopXQ View Post
    The recipe seems to be from Discovery ( db.mmo-champion.com/i/65891/vial-of-the-sands/ - Mechanic: Discovery)

But the problem about the Vial is actually the price. cata.wowhead.com/spell=93328 requires 8x Sands of Time ( cata.wowhead.com/item=65893 ) and considering these items have a "Sell price: 750g", it's probably a 3000g vendor item, or 24000g for 8 of them. A nice gold sink.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the heads up on that! At least everyone should have the gold for it by now....as for the RNG discovery,lets hope its not to bad.

10+ Year Old Account

Friend that watched blizzcon said they said it would be hard to get, but fun to see who can get it first.

That makes me think its price isn't going to be its only limiting factor since plenty of people have the gold to spend on it.

If its a discovery it might just be a really low % chance to be discovered.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeiri View Post
    I kind of lost interest in putting Alchemy on my main after hearing the dragon mount is going to be rare and hard to get. That plus the enormous price tag attached.

Definitely going to have at least 1 or 2 alt Alchemists for transmutes/flasks/etc though.
    For me this is actually a plus. My main has been a alch for a while, and it does make good money, you just have to know the market on your server, and think about what you are doing (can we say red gems when that last patch hit?)

Quote Originally Posted by Vudu View Post
    This thread is highly amusing in that so many alchemists are complaining about how terrible the profession is at making money, and yet every serious auctioneer I know has at least one, if not more, alchemist alts specifically for making money.
    They are complaining about how it will be in Cataclysm due to any changes, rather than how it is is now.

Alchemy in Cat

I think it is very sad to have the double duration of flask etc. in Cat. lost especially for us that raid. It saved us a lot of time and expense being an alch. I didn't really use the profession on my main--it was there to save cost of flask raiding. Now not so sure I'll leave her with the trade. I have other toons that do herbal and alch. One of my toons uses the trinket but it isn't really helpful on my main.

Deleted
    It's RNG inside RNG - I just got the recipe yesterday myself after grinding archaeology since Cataclysm came out, every single day.