Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Will Goblin / Worgen Be available to Faction Transfer at Launch

Title Says it all..

With the addition of the 2 achievements that require the starting areas, do you think it will still require the start up time before we can faction transfer.

Domo in advance.
    btw - Speelling, I R TiReD! no Speel for U!

pretty much.

Itll be available before launch when the class/race combos open up.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah because fans know the answer before blizzard does?

It won't be available before launch because the new races arent available until you actually get the expansion.

they probably made the achievement the way it is, to prevent dks from getting a 55 lvl start. Don't mis interpret that as being a "hint" towards faction transfer being available early. Really other than that, there is more evidence supporting a 2-3 month wait time on transfers to new RACES, than there is a instant availability

Well they made it so those who race change, aren't able to gain the achievement of first to 85, because of how the requirements are set up. You'd need to complete your factions' starting quests, but at 85, you can't, since the story is so heavily phased.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Either way, it does make it impossible for a race/faction changed toon to get the Realm First for those races, cause they can't do their starting zone. So, it's entirely possible.

so the census is.. "ehh??" :P

lol... I was kinda hoping I would get flamed and told "read the posts and L 2 search"

oh well.. if anyone hears anything definitive..

I'm going back to horde (finally), and would love to change to Goblin, but if it will be a 2-3 month wait, go now, and change later I guess.

Domo in advance if you know something I don't.

Well I remember seeing the achievements for the realm 1st level 80 Goblins/Worgen being something like "Realm first level 80 Goblin/Worgen, who took part in (Starting zones end quest)" making me think that transfers will be available from the get go (The achievement meaning you only get credit if you leveled one up from the start instead of race changing to one).

Infractions: 2

Deleted
    balgus82 worgens/goblins will be available before the expansion is released.

Quote Originally Posted by glorwen View Post

look at the under development page on the official site. Nowhere on 4.0.1 OR 4.0.3 does it say anything at all about the new races being available. race/class combinations are completely different than new races. that means when 4.0.3. hits you can make a Nightelf Mage or a Bloodelf warrior or another new COMBINATION like that. not worgens and goblins.
    Last edited by balgus82; 2010-10-09 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by balgus82 View Post
    then why buy the expansion? for flying? yeah right.

look at the under development page on the official site. Nowhere on 4.0.1 OR 4.0.3 does it say anything at all about the new races being available. race/class combinations are completely different than new races. that means when 4.0.3. hits you can make a Nightelf Mage or a Bloodelf warrior. not worgens and goblins.
    thanks for clearing that up.

I hope they still prevent you from faction transferring at launch.

The achievements are meant to prevent a Goblin / Worgen DK from being the first to get them, not to excuse letting everyone faction transfer and skip the starting zones.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glorwen View Post
    No, they won't. The only other thing that will be available pre-Cata aside from the overhauled Azeroth and Kalimdor will be the new class combinations for the existing races.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

I, personally want to race change my warrior as soon as I can. However If I do I also want to experience the starting area and all the new 1-60 content so I will also probably start another worgen, maybe a rogue, to do that. If you have to wait 2 months to race change then what's the point? you'd be able to level a new toon in that time easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I've read it on mmo-champ in one of the text that blizz stated new race/class combos were coming before Cata launch. Worgens/Goblins were coming in Cata launch.

As far as changing to them I highly doubt you'll be able to at launch. For the sake of players that start that race - they may want people to level from 1-85 for worgen/goblins. Not 55 or 80 to 85. That's what I think

Quote Originally Posted by Mowrey View Post
    so the census is.. "ehh??" :P

lol... I was kinda hoping I would get flamed and told "read the posts and L 2 search"

oh well.. if anyone hears anything definitive..

I'm going back to horde (finally), and would love to change to Goblin, but if it will be a 2-3 month wait, go now, and change later I guess.

Domo in advance if you know something I don't.
    If anyone hears anything definitive, Boub will post it on the front page.

Goblins look kewl
    Last edited by Hetrofi; 2010-10-09 at 01:24 AM. Reason: new posts destroyed my point
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

Quote Originally Posted by Hetrofi View Post
    why does everyone assume he is going for realm first?

he just wants to know if he can play his main as goblin instead of something else.
    No one is assuming he is, we're just telling him why it's the way it is.

Blizz wants you to level Goblins / Worgen the correct way first through all the new content rather than having everyone just skip all of it with faction transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hetrofi View Post
    why does everyone assume he is going for realm first?

he just wants to know if he can play his main as goblin instead of something else.
    Pretty Much this :P

.. What can I say.. things are always better when things go BOOM! :P