Poll: What do you think of clicking in PvP?

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just play how you want to. When joining a guild make sure they know you click and if they have no problem with it do it. As long as your playing the way you feel most comfortable, with the people raiding with you not minding how you play, who gives a shit?

You know, for a kitten that shits rainbows, you seem to like to stay inside the box.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sageth View Post
    Standing still and pressing 1 2 3 is much harder as a clicker then when keybound right? Most PvE fights are "stand still and unload your rotation". Why should a clicker be any worse at that?
    because theres only 2 encounters (may i add, for melee only) out of the 12 encounters in icc where this applies. on hc mode its actually only ONE encounter where this applies (yet again for melee only).

as soon as movement/kiting/targetswapping comes in play, the keybinder wins, hands down.

Explain how I could press on Immolate if I click to move?

Yeah, keybinds.
    Hi

Standing still and pressing 1 2 3 is much harder as a clicker then when keybound right? Most PvE fights are "stand still and unload your rotation". Why should a clicker be any worse at that?
    Try doing some hard modes, most pve fights are not "stand still and unload your rotation" unless you do them on fisher price my first raid mode. Even if they were keybinds would still be better because you can't use multiple off gcd spells at the same time by clicking them but you can with keybinds.

Quote Originally Posted by alleksi View Post
    "But how can I click my spells if I use my mouse to move?!"
    Donald

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    Even if they were keybinds would still be better because you can't use multiple off gcd spells at the same time by clicking them but you can with keybinds.
    macros win here, but i get your point.

Oh look it's this thread again!

Anyway the way I see it keybinding is the best way to go about it. But one must consider that there are both bad and good clickers. But no matter how good, keybinds will come out on top, although close.
    There is this thing called being so open-minded your brains fall out.

-Richard Dawkins

I don't know, if the OP is playing as Enhancement he might as well tie himself to a pole and play with his feet. The result will be the same.
    - Dreams. What are dreams? Dreams are nothing, my brother.
    - Dreams are nothing, sister? Without dreams, there could be no despair.

It funny that most of you say key binding is better but its not its just down to your play prefrence.
    i click and out dps my guildy and he has better gear then me by a very long way i have tryed keybinding befor and did less than my guildy so i stick with clicking.

some people will be better when they keybind others wont its all down to preference
    I am dyslexic and proud to be so.
    so you dont like how I spell ?
    To bad learn to be human or gtfo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxiijay View Post
    macros win here, but i get your point.
    Macros only get you so far, when you have to deal with things like interrupts, pots, cooldowns, saronite bombs and so on macros just aren't practical.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentreenay View Post
    It funny that most of you say key binding is better but its not its just down to your play prefrence.
    i click and out dps my guildy and he has better gear then me by a very long way i have tryed keybinding befor and did less than my guildy so i stick with clicking.

some people will be better when they keybind others wont its all down to preference
    That's because it ISN'T down to preference, keybinding is objectively better.

Clicking and keyboard turning are in every way inferior to keybinding and mouse turning. Keybinding is faster, allows the use of multiple spells at the same time and doesn't require you to stop casting to change targets. Mouse turning is faster, more precise and more flexible.

State one single advantage to clicking if you believe that one exists.
    Last edited by Shiira; 2010-10-09 at 01:20 PM.

Easiest way to get used to keybinds quickly if you are already at endgame is to pvp.

You will die a lot. You will rage a lot. The rage will drive your learning process.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by godofslack View Post
    That is a perfect example of ignorance, in some cases people are faster clicking (for example people with one finger and extremely poor memory).
    This ^

Its down to personal preference, like FPS some people swear by using Mouse and Board and others controllers....both think they are better and faster than the other.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tayfow View Post
    Don't forget the side of your left palm to hit ctrl, it's the secret 6th finger.

edit: how many people still use wasd, anyway? esdf is where it's at, mang.
    I use SZXC, is this bad :<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    Macros only get you so far, when you have to deal with things like interrupts, pots, cooldowns, saronite bombs and so on macros just aren't practical.
    yup, entirely true.

my main is a balance/feral tank, alt is an enhancement shaman.

two guys from my guild have been playing shaman since forever, may i add, enhancement.

when it comes down to a straight nuke (fester non-hc) they perform very good, do great dps, because all they have to do is watch their rotation. as soon as interrupts come in play, i outdps them by far, whilst keeping the interrupts going.

simply because they fail to keep their rotation going and having to click wind shear at the same time.

---------- Post added 2010-10-09 at 01:23 PM ----------

Don't forget the side of your left palm to hit ctrl, it's the secret 6th finger.

edit: how many people still use wasd, anyway? esdf is where it's at, mang.
    how do you manage to hit ctrl with your left palm? my fingers stand at wasd, and ctrl keybinds are done with my little finger! i can in now way press ctrl with my left palm, physically impossible !

the only keybinds i use are 1 to = :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveykin View Post
    "finding the target"...wat? Because real healers don't use unit frames? I don't know what point you were trying to make at all. Because you're saying that keybinding is bad for healers but also that "clicking the heal reduces reaction time." This statements contradict each other.
    I've solo healed most of ICC 10 and never "clicked" a heal. Unless you're counting Clique or Healbot as "clicking." I use a combination of unit frame addons and also keybinds set to 1-6, shift 1-6, letters, shift letters, etc. if I still need to heal while moving. Also good healers know how to toggle autorun so they can still use unit frame addons while moving if necessary.

But seriously...what were you even trying to say?
    dont know if its just me but imo what are you talking about? of course clique is clicking

Deleted
    If you are a clicker, no wonder you haven't got pass the "stand still and unload your rotation" fights (heroic dungeons and ICC rep runs?)

Keybinds: you think it->you move your finger->you press it All that lets you still move and watch what's happening around you
    Clicking: you think it->you move your eyes into your spell bar for a little bit->you turn the mouse over the spell icon->you press it Except than taking more time to do this than just move your fingers into the right direction you are basickly blind for that 0.5sec or so that you need to see if you click the right icon.

I was a clicker during all BC and I was still the best shadowpriest dps in my guild.Though in pvp things dramatically changed when I learnt my keybinds doesn't mean that clicking is trash.Keybinds lets you act quicker in every single situation over clicking (and they can call you imba for keybinding :P )but the fact is some people are too stubborn to try something new ,to just give it a 'try'! they make their keybinds and still click the next day because they couldn't remember them instead of learning them first-then choose to regret them or not.

Well...Keybindings is nice in witch way you want to use them...but mostly pref clicky clicky ,macro and like 2 keybindings ive got on my action bar=did i just got 2,4k raiting?

Deleted
    Clicking prolly fine in pve, where things are pretty predictable.

and maybe in pvp as a warrior, where everything you do is predictable.