Poll: What do you think of clicking in PvP?

Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterSheep View Post
    /Sigh

I'm not gonna link my armory, i don't want haters to flame at every single flaw i do know i have and for which i don't really care for. I get the job done, so who cares... well a lot of people but not i. I'm just a casual gamers.

My arena rating is only 900, hell, i've been trying them for just two weeks, until my account expires and that i take a break, i don't plan on playing again until cataclysm comes out. My resil is around 1000, and i've been teaming with an arms warrior with 1000 resil, and a holy pally with quest blues and around 300 resil.

Flame me all you want

I just never found any problems with clicking, i don't have problems keeping my target in front of me, i don,t have problems timing my cooldowns and interrupting.

And if you want to flame me more:

Call me a nolife, cuz my life has been a reall puzzle lately.

All i wanted to say is that i'm tired of people thinking theres only a single way to do everything. If clicking works for me, fine. If keybind works for you, great! Just stop calling peoples noobs because they don't play the same way as you do.
    So u come here saying how u click and u are pro how u pwn everyone and calling other people ignorant for using keybinds and after we ask for armory u run away
    So either post your armory so we can check your statistics tab or GTFO and stop trolling , its simple as that

Keybinding will always be superior to clicking , people who disagree are prob clickers who dont want to improve themselves and are the kind u see on official forums making threads how some classes are OP without any real argument
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

Wow so many haters...@ the OP...I don't use keybindings either, it just doesn't work for me, my keyboard is under my desk and even though I took typing class I never quite got my numbers down, so I never hit the right keys when I tried that. Also, who says you can't mouse turn while you click? I do it all the time, it's all about being the best at what you do best, not being best at something you do second best.

In pvp you have to turn constantly. I can't imagine pvp clicking.

In PVE clicking doesn't make a difference at all. You lose maybe two GCDs per fight when a quick turn(takes ~0.3 seconds) falls right smack on the end of the GCD. But that dps lost is more than made up for if you have a better rythm/coordination with mouse.

Of course healers have to use keybinds for everything no matter what they're doing. And tanks have to have a keybind for taunt so they can select a target health bar and taunt at the same time. Those are the only mandatory keybinds for PVE that I can think of.

For PVE people make a much bigger deal of it than they need to. I was in a progressive raid that made fun of clickers all the time and I was always top three dps.
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

hehe, when cata comes, i'll try to reach 2k+ in arena without any keybinds. That if i have enough free time. If i ever reach it, i'll make a new thread later

Now that everyone seems to say that it's impossible to get high rating with clicks, i feel like it's my job now to prove that it's still possible to succeed even by clicking.

I promise nothing though, i might not have much free time for arenas.

Soo... I know this Shaman with 2.2k rating in 2s and 3s. Turns out he clicks! He has binds set as the default ones, but other than that, he clicks everything else. Keybinds a must? No. They make stuff easier, but it can be done with clicking.

Oh yeah, turned out there's a global cooldown and if you can click faster than that you're sweet!

Easymode: Keybind out your ass.
    Hardmode: Click everything.

It can be done and yes they are on par with each other.

Also the FPS example in an earlier post is complete rubbish, unlike WoW there isn't a limit to the number of actions you can do in 1 second.

you NEED to have every ability (and item) you could use in a raid (or pvp) situation bound to something so you can use it quickly.
    addons like totem timers and bartender make keybinding so easy anyway that you would be retarded not to do it.

clicking=bad
    keybinding=good
    end of story, thats the fuck it, period.

---------- Post added 2010-10-09 at 07:39 PM ----------

hehe, when cata comes, i'll try to reach 2k+ in arena without any keybinds. That if i have enough free time. If i ever reach it, i'll make a new thread later

Now that everyone seems to say that it's impossible to get high rating with clicks, i feel like it's my job now to prove that it's still possible to succeed even by clicking.

or you may not be able to get 2k cos you click
    <start epic wow theme>
    A world of limitless adventure. We cast the lords of shadow and flame back into the abyss.
    <more epic wow theme>
    We held the line against the rising tide of death itself.
    <epic music peaks>
    We have endured the breaking of the world.Now we face the Destroyer and we will end him.
    <cue Bennny Hill music>Pandas! Pokemon!

There is no point clicking. It's slower, you lose dps, your healing suffers, and it makes you not as great a tank (which requires being able to move quickly). There is a healer I know who refuses to learn how to use keybinds. Her healing is very bad, she can't manage to dispel and heal at the same time, and she often dies to very stupid things that would easily be avoidable if she could be more aware of what is happening rather than what button to click next.

As a healer I started like her, clicking. That gold old REAL fast, and switched to being decent with Keybinding 1-5 and using QEZXC, as well as mousewheeling and numpad. My healing increased by quite a lot. After I was used to that I switched to mouseover macros... they are a godsend, and I fail to understand how anyone heals without!

It takes getting used to, but once you are used to it, you're nearly unstoppable.
    Secure accounts ftw!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    "KING VARIAN, DEATHWING HAS DESTROYED HALF OF STORMWIND, WHAT DO WE DO!?"

"Build a statue of your king."

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to be a clicker, and I really was pretty good to tell the truth. However, I got to the point to where I started watching pvp videos to improve my game and noticed that all the really amazing players where hardly clicking anything if ever. So I gave it a shot, keybound a few abilities and as soon as I got the hang of hitting the buttons I seen drastic improvements in my game play. Today, over half of my keyboard is bound to spells and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Kaybinding is always worth giving a try and getting the hang of. Also.. why ever press S in pvp unless it's bound to a spell!? DX Ooh, I think I just found another button that can be more useful.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    —Aristotle

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Background: I have 8 active 80s, all around 6k gs; no PvP activity, just PvE raiding.

Most of the toons have a goodly number of keybinds; a couple only use keybinds on certain abilities.

From my experience I have no doubt that heavy keybinding helps a lot. I couldn't heal without keybinds (where everything but bufs gets keybound), but on some classes I tank without much in the way of keybinds very effectively.

I'm certain that if I concentrated on one toon - regardless of role - I'd go full keybind. With 8 active toons though, I don't have the mental ROM to burn on that many keybinds.

Quote Originally Posted by draticus View Post
    In pvp you have to turn constantly. I can't imagine pvp clicking.

In PVE clicking doesn't make a difference at all. You lose maybe two GCDs per fight when a quick turn(takes ~0.3 seconds) falls right smack on the end of the GCD. But that dps lost is more than made up for if you have a better rythm/coordination with mouse.

Of course healers have to use keybinds for everything no matter what they're doing. And tanks have to have a keybind for taunt so they can select a target health bar and taunt at the same time. Those are the only mandatory keybinds for PVE that I can think of.

For PVE people make a much bigger deal of it than they need to. I was in a progressive raid that made fun of clickers all the time and I was always top three dps.
    that basically sums it up. Also, some classes need more actions per minute than others. My warrior has a lot more going on with HS/cleave and interput off gcd compare to my paladin. When you can only do something every 1.5sec, clicking or keybinds in PVE is exactly the same.
    I'm using a bit of both, but when you're use to your action bars, with a good mouse, you don't even need to look where you click. just like you don't always need to look at your car's main board to see your current speed. You need to look at cds when using keybinds anyway too.

I think the major thing some people forget it that you don't need to keybind EVERYTHING. I'm not gonna keybind something I use once every 3min/5min, but something that can proc often ( shield slam, Divine Storm etc) you generally spam your key to get it as fast as possible.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ret was broken. If you don’t see eye to eye with us on that, then it’s understandable why the degree of change might be surprising to you
    i7 920@ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte X58A-UD7, 6GB Ram Triple Channel OCZ @ 1900Mhz, CrossFire HD 5850 1Gb, Vertex 3 240Gb, BenQ M2700HD. G15 Keyboard

This debate is pointless because all it ever consists of is replies of mediocre players (i.e. clickers) trying to defend their inability to perform better than they could. It has, is, and continues to be immensely less efficient to click over keybinding. Clicking actions is laziness and I screen out any applicants to my guild that clicks: without fail, they are always the weakest links and always the slowest to do anything.

So go ahead, and enjoy your clicking. Someone else using a keybinding setup will always perform better than you without fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrskies View Post
    Intelligent mode: Play with keybinders in a group.
    Retard mode: Play with clickers in a group.
    FTFY

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrskies View Post
    It can be done and yes they are on par with each other.
    No, they're not. Stop trying to delude yourself into believing otherwise.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aildaris View Post
    I have been a long time clicker, since vanilla in fact, and have recently switched to keybinds to see the difference. Ultimately, I feel that there hasn't been much of a change, although I'm still adjusting. Some things currently feel much easier to do, such as maintaining my rotation (just to let you know, my rotation is still the same with the same reaction time, it just doesn't feel so rushed). Although I have keybinds now, I still have many CD based abilities unbinded, and as a paladin, I have quite a few, so in a sense I still click.
    i like this post, reminds me of myself and lots can relate, i bet.
    but yeah if you think about it, healers are always going to be clickers, especially with new tools like healbot and grid, etc. it's no longer about just keybinds, but a synergy between how you click and press keys and really, how good your organization is in general.

i don't care how many binds you have, F5 to page down, but i have friends who have the absolute worst organization, nothing makes sense, there's duplicates of stuff, some abilities aren't even on the bar ("that's PVE crap") and the placement of binds aren't very intuitive (why is a mouse button a cooldown, you're never going to be able to use it, lol)

but i can relate in the sense that i save some stuff for clicking, stuff that is either important (and also has a bind, that i'm just used to clicking, like bloodlust for example.) or stuff that's almost less than situational.(stoneskin totem..)

this might just be me, but it almost seems over-whelming and somewhat redundant to bind every single thing, when really you could just click it, i'm of course talking about situational stuff and odds and ends. ;p
    Last edited by msdos; 2010-10-09 at 06:56 AM.

/sigh

I'll just stop reading this thread... i'm glad some people are able to see my point of view, but some others are complete jerks.

I tanked and usualy never looses aggro

I healed raids and topped the healing chart many times, with the lowest overhealing, and lowest geared.

I did competitive DPS in every situations

I can manage my ass in PvP

All that without keybinds

Glad if keybinds help you, it might even help me if i try them! But i'm glad with the way i play, and besides if i'm half-asleep or clearly undergeared, i get the job done. And that's all that matters to me.

If you want to keep calling me a noob because ''keybind is the only way to go'' go ahead. But then maybe you are the noobs who just suck at clicking? Just guessing

People can play well by clicking, but the fact is, anyone with a good level of skill clicking will play even better not clicking.

When you stop clicking you gain the ability to mouse turn and move freely while performing actions.

Couple things you should try, that you can't do while clicking.

1) Back up from a mob, use a CD that doesn't take a GCD and never drop your rotation.
    2) Run from someone in a BG while using a LoS instant cast spell. Never at any point stop running forward.
    3) Select 4 targets within 5 seconds and perform at least 3 attacks.
    4) Jump in the air, spin in a circle, and heal yourself. (ok this ones just fun lol)

really?

I wasnt going to post but here i go at OP.

The bottom line is, you dont have to play 200 hours a week to be a good player or "master" you just have to not be too lazy to do YOUR share of thehomework. I cant tell you how many times a fight came down to a couple of hitpoints. I tank for my guild, and many times have gotten below 200 hp and healers were able to heal me up. If i had used blue quality gems, it would of been a wipe.

While you may not think it is worth yoru time, do you not think your guildies/Friends time is worth it? I dont know about you but I dont want to waste my friends time, nor do i want them to waste mine.
    We are bane of the fallen, almost light of dawn. We raid 6 hours a week. I play 7 hours a week only. Usually only log on for raids, yet we have almost every fight in game down.
    I have never cared much for the clicking vs keybind argument, but at same time, should always use what is the most effecient in the long run. Would you rather have a Pinto or a Viper. I personally am going for the viper.
    Remember no matter what, when you raid it is your friends time too. Or arena.

btw my toon is Buddah on Turalyon. Can look if you want dont care.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post

Couple things you should try, that you can't do while clicking.

1) Back up from a mob, use a CD that doesn't take a GCD and never drop your rotation.
    2) Run from someone in a BG while using a LoS instant cast spell. Never at any point stop running forward.
    3) Select 4 targets within 5 seconds and perform at least 3 attacks.
    4) Jump in the air, spin in a circle, and heal yourself. (ok this ones just fun lol)
    and this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbikenezer View Post
    Hence he said "I use AWSD".

/untarded

I'm sure he does fine. I have every class leveled and.. I find it easier to... READY FOR THIS?!?!??!...

Keybinds for tanking/melee DPS
    Click/WASD-move/Addon for healing
    Click/Keybind/Mouse-Turn for Ranged DPS
    So you're saying that when you heal, you target a player and than with mouse clicking over an ability?
    cause grid healbot and clique, clicking directly on raid frame healing the clicked person, in not double fast preventing a whipe (and if you are saying using these addon is like clicking, well they are more like keybinds on the click)
    lvl 85 troll druid - Balance pvp&pve, resto pvp&pve
    lvl 85 troll mage - Frost/Fire
    lvl 80 troll rogue - Ass/Sub
    lvl 80 troll shaman - Ele/resto
    lvl 85 orc hunter - Sv/MM

Live the good side of life, think optimistic, they aren't going to nerf you <xD

Deleted

I pity the guys who will boost you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just because you can keyturn outa fire without penanlty doesn't mean it's right thing to do.