Consolidating for Cataclysm PvP Guild

Sup PvPers. WIth the new rated BG's and 10 man raiding system in Cataclysm, some friends and I are considering starting a guild focused mainly on PvP, rated BG's, arena (more on that in a sec), and world PvP while still maintaining some 10 man raid progression.

Over the years, I've been in many arena focused guilds: IMMA WHALE (Illidan), we met on eHarmony (Mal'Ganis), amongst others... and they're filled with really good players, but other than your teammates on your arena team, there isn't really much interaction between the players besides trolling each other in guild chat, or asking questions about itemization/gemming/playstyle on alts, lol. They eventuually die because noone has any real social connection amongst one another, because they've hardly ever "hung out" with each other in the game. Half the reason they're in the guild is just so they can wear the guild's name as a kind of tag that says: "I'm good."

So that being said, I'd like to start a a guild who's MAIN focus will be on rated BG's, because that's really all a guild can do together in PvP, besides in PvE where we have our weekly 10 man raiding chores, which may actually turn out to be pretty fun in Cataclysm, especially if our players start getting really close, who knows? Rated BG's for us will be like 25 mans raids are for most PVE guilds out there today. Don't think we'll just be disregarding arena though. We'll still be very passionate about arena; fellow guildies will probably be your first place to turn for an arena partner. World PvP ftw too. Sh1t's awesome when boredome kicks in. Hopefully Cataclysm will resurrect more WPvP as well.

Anyways, of course to have a guild you have to have.. guild members. The purpose of this post was to see what kind of player base we'd be looking at to start a guild with and where they'd want to start/transfer at/to. If you're in the same kind of mindset you read above, or are just looking for a fresh new home at the start of Cataclysm, post here and lay out your thoughts.

We need to consolidate. We're willing to start anywhere on any faction. For the last few months I've been bouncing around various high-population PvP servers (Blackrock, Illidan, Mal'Ganis, Kel'thuzad) and we've never really "settled in" to any. Any of those could still be a choice if it's what the "guild" wants, though. You can post those thoughts here as well.

We have all the necessary requirements for a guild (vent,web domain/forums, etc.) we just need to see a playerbase!

Of course, there will be some requirements (arena achieves, etc.) and we will inspect armories. But if you're just starting to get in to the PvP jive we won't just say an elitist "NO FUCK YOU, SCRUB" to someone with no experience. Judging by your passion, you'd still have a chance.

TL;DR: Looking to srtart a fresh new PvP guild with some 10 man PvE (maybe 25? we'll see) come Cataclysm on a decent, agreeable PvP server (server location still up in the air). Focus will be mainly on rated BG's but we're all still reeally passionate about arena. We want to experience all aspects of PvP to the fullest. Post here if interested with your thoughts.

bump