Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cata fire resistance !??

Okay guys, this is a cool idea.

Did anyone remember doin MC and you needed (x) fire resist?

Well, for deathwing, I think it would be awesome if they brought back resistance requirements for cata, well some fights

Because resistance fights have always proved popular...

10+ Year Old Account
    Fire resistance gear? Just like the one you can buy with Badge Of Justice in Shattrath?
    I approve of attunements etc but this is just another gear requirement just like todays ''LFM ICC 5k+ GS''
    /Musra
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

No thanks, I'm all set with having to farm earlier dungeons for fire resist gear. *cough*Huhuran*cough*

Deleted
    this sounds like a boring idea,
    bring challenge, interesting fights, but resistance? come on

Then everyone will be decked out in variations of the same gear.
    No thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Then everyone will be decked out in variations of the same gear.
    No thanks.
    Which is already the case..?

Still no though, having a resistance requirement is just silly. Why gather all your gear for it to be useless on some fights?

Quote Originally Posted by /Musra View Post
    Fire resistance gear? Just like the one you can buy with Badge Of Justice in Shattrath?
    I approve of attunements etc but this is just another gear requirement just like todays ''LFM ICC 5k+ GS''
    /Musra
    Gearscore isn't a requirement, it's a filter. Fire Resistance doesn not reflect skill, indeed. It reflects how much time you have to grind for the appropriate gear, like for Mother Shahrazz's shadow resistance. Attunements aren't making a return as mandatory, but I think that there will be attunements for non-linear special bosses. So far, I think the only attunement is being level 80.

Yes, because killing Deathwing should have everything to do with your fire resist check, thus nullifying the rest of the shiny gear you might have gotten from raid bosses (since resist gear is almost always crafted), and how well you execute the fight shouldn't matter.

Deleted
    Despite being unpopular amongst the most players, I do think Resistance checks have their place.

I'd think they might be appropriate especially for Hard-Mode content, while normal modes should be doable without. It spaces out content a little and tests the guild organizational abilities.

Granted, needing to deck out all 25-35 people within your rooster does suck. But I think requiring a few people, especially tanks to have a certain amount of resistances is perfectly acceptable.

Resistance fights provide no challenge, they simply give players a dull grind in order to do be able to do the fight, and they have nothing to do with skill.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    just make deathwing so hard so no one can kill him.. sit down..shut up
    Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?
    Sun Tzu

I really hated having to gear my paladin to resist the mountains of fire damage in Molten Core, Onyxia's Lair, and Blackwing Lair, but getting the Nature resistance to do AQ 40 turned that hatred into homicidal rage, soooo no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Despite being unpopular amongst the most players, I do think Resistance checks have their place.

I'd think they might be appropriate especially for Hard-Mode content, while normal modes should be doable without. It spaces out content a little and tests the guild organizational abilities.

Granted, needing to deck out all 25-35 people within your rooster does suck. But I think requiring a few people, especially tanks to have a certain amount of resistances is perfectly acceptable.
    It could work as a hardmode variant - letting most of the fight being mostly the same, but adding a resistable elemental aura or something like that... The Idea being that you need to stack resistances high enough to make the AOE-damage healable without draining your healers, without gimping your DPS beyond enrage timers and add controll...

Making just one or two chars require special gear - as in your suggestion of making it only apply to the tanks - gets to be a bit harsh on them. In fact - a lot of tanks already carries more variants of their gear than most DPS, there is (or at least used to be, before the "just stack stam and your fine" days) the high stam gear, the high avoidance gear, in some cases the max threat gear etc. etc.

I don't think any tank would like to return to the vanilla days when they had to make room in bags and bank for (depending on their progression) gear for basically each element, while DPS could basically get away with standard gear if they only leaned a bit heavily on the healers...

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Resistance fights provide no challenge, they simply give players a dull grind in order to do be able to do the fight, and they have nothing to do with skill.
    Freaking nailed it.

Resistance Fights + Attunment.

They should make Resistance necessary because a guild should work together. Make it required for progression, but still keep the raids fun and interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nofan View Post
    Resistance Fights + Attunment.

They should make Resistance necessary because a guild should work together. Make it required for progression, but still keep the raids fun and interesting.
    The problem is, there is nothing fun OR interesting about grinding for resistance gear. It's nothing more than a time and gold sink, the very opposite of interesting. Worse still, it requires you to make gear that completely negates the usefulness of gear that you otherwise obtained from raids, because resist gear has always been crafted whenever it was used. Now, somebody suggested requiring a certain amount of resist gear for a hardmode check. That would be alright, as long as the entire raid doesn't have to be covered in it. A tank wanted frost resist gear for Sindragosa HC before the buffs, for example, and some melee DPS classes wanted it too.

Argent Dawn rep wasn't fun, okay?

Quote Originally Posted by Musra View Post
    /Musra
    Stop that. Just... stop it. That /Musra is so incredibly annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakosa View Post
    Welcome to how the game was always and is supposed to be played. Have fun not being able to be an autistic shit anymore.

Almost as annoying as having to gather resistance gear for a single fight in an expansion.

Really, the very idea is stupid. That's why Blizzard abandoned it.