Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Shocking! Who saw this coming?

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, they're not saying "to apply the new patch", don't they normally say that before the extended maintenence before a patch?

looks like ill be playing beta for a few days

Quote Originally Posted by Khanjin View Post
    Well, they're not saying "to apply the new patch", don't they normally say that before the extended maintenence before a patch?
    No, I don't think they ever mention a patch in their maintenance post.

Quote Originally Posted by draenora View Post
    everyone, i've perfected a bug that will destroy the servers of azeroth?!
    I love you.

Quote Originally Posted by VermillionMadness View Post
    Minimum of 24 :P. Don't know if you remember 3.0 very well, but unplayable was the word for 2-3 days :}.
    omg yes, I remember that. I used to reactivate my account at that time. really a welcome-pleasure xD
    ››yeah, here used to be a signature once. I've must lost it somewhere in the twisting nether... still waiting for the mail from the postmaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    But it's only from 9 PM Monday to 9 AM Tuesday. Hawaii Standard Time FTW.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yahtzo View Post
    Oh man that was terrible. Worst patch that I can remember.
    Oh god, I remember that. It was common to have a server get shut down several times a day for a reset. I remember learning my mounts, and then the server was reset. Once the server came back up, my mounts were gone, as were some of my companion pets. Took me days to get those back via a GM. But like I said, you can guarantee that the end time will be pushed back at least once.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    But it's only from 9 PM Monday to 9 AM Tuesday. Hawaii Standard Time FTW.
    Hey, it could be worse. It'd be 9 PM infinity to 9 AM beyond if you were in China.

---------- Post added 2010-10-11 at 06:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Oh god, I remember that. It was common to have a server get shut down several times a day for a reset. I remember learning my mounts, and then the server was reset. Once the server came back up, my mounts were gone, as were some of my companion pets. Took me days to get those back via a GM. But like I said, you can guarantee that the end time will be pushed back at least once.
    Oh god I remember the mass mount/pet refund, so much chaos
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Woot ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallikiddd View Post
    i suspect there will be that "unforeseen circumstances" BS that will last another hour or so.
    ^ This

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Hey, it could be worse. It'd be 9 PM infinity to 9 AM beyond if you were in China.

---------- Post added 2010-10-11 at 06:54 AM ----------

Oh god I remember the mass mount/pet refund, so much chaos
    Everything was chaos. Especially once people learned of the Arcanite Ripper that Tenris Mirkblood dropped (which I still happen to have in my bank). Good times, though. So looking forward to Cataclysm, myself. It's giving me incentives to make new characters and work on my existing ones.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Everything was chaos. Especially once people learned of the Arcanite Ripper that Tenris Mirkblood dropped (which I still happen to have in my bank). Good times, though. So looking forward to Cataclysm, myself. It's giving me incentives to make new characters and work on my existing ones.
    So many attempts, so many times getting outrolled on the axe, including several by hunters. So much rage.

I've had a hunter sitting at level 72 for a couple months now waiting for the focus system to hit live so I could jump in and re-l2huntard by leveling.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khanjin View Post
    Maintenance has never mentioned patches when it's extended for patches. That's the pattern; normal maintenance? No patch? Extended maintenance starting earlier than normal by 5 hours and ending an hour later? Something big.

---------- Post added 2010-10-11 at 03:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    So many attempts, so many times getting outrolled on the axe, including several by hunters. So much rage.

I've had a hunter sitting at level 72 for a couple months now waiting for the focus system to hit live so I could jump in and re-l2huntard by leveling.
    I've not sold that axe yet, nor will I. That really needs to be a feat of strength, along with the pet. I was thrilled when I won. I'm a bit hesitant about using focus, myself, but I'm not going to let that drive me off the character I've been playing since 2006.

Maintenance has never mentioned patches when it's extended for patches. That's the pattern; normal maintenance? No patch? Extended maintenance starting earlier than normal by 5 hours and ending an hour later? Something big.

---------- Post added 2010-10-11 at 03:09 AM ----------

I've not sold that axe yet, nor will I. That really needs to be a feat of strength, along with the pet. I was thrilled when I won. I'm a bit hesitant about using focus, myself, but I'm not going to let that drive me off the character I've been playing since 2006.
    About the most you ever get out of them regarding the patch is maybe the night before a blue post will end some comment about the downtime with a emote

The pet I have, of course. No big deal though, people can have their wotlk pre-release event toys, I still have my Tabard of the Protector, one of very few even left on my realm at this point.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zef View Post
    No, I don't think they ever mention a patch in their maintenance post.
    Must've dreamt it then :P

Quote Originally Posted by draenora View Post
    everyone, i've perfected a bug that will destroy the servers of azeroth?!
    +100 internets

Winrar.
    U p H___~ Restoration // Enhancement since 07.

And dont forget the free arena gear too, and the soon message that basically said ''Big Brother is watching'' lol

didn't the ice stone melt too? or was that something else?
    somebody call for d doctor?