View Poll Results: LW in cataclysm the worst profession?

Voters
36. This poll is closed
  • yes, will be the worst

8 22.22%
  • no

28 77.78%
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

LW in cataclysm the worst profession?

I think that leatherworking is worst profession in world of warcraft cataclysm (i'm lw). because the other profession have a lot of cooler things that make their better than lw.
    For exaple:
    jewelcrafting : Is the profession with you make much gold than others and you have overpower soket.
    Blacksmitinhg: you can sell belt buckle and you have a lot of buckle fot your gear, and you do more golds than lw
    Mining: you need it for levelling jc, bs or eng and you can sell the ragents for other profession at very good price.
    Engineering: you have a lot of funny things that you can sell and a very cool mount
    Tailoring: you have a good mount and you can combined with Enchanting you can do a lot of golf and you have enchants on yout ring with enchanting.
    Enchanting: see tailoring.
    Alchemy: maybe will be the best profession in catclysm, you have an epic flying mount, you sell your flask at a very good price and in raid you only need 1flask because your flask are up for 2h.
    Herbalism: you need it for alchemy, and if you do it a lot of gold if you sell herbs.
    Inscription: with medium glyphs and triple spec you will do much gold than wotlk and you have other interesting things.

and lw (and skinning) what have? no mount, no funny item, don't make gold (yes 10g per craft mm....a lot) and no very good bonus.

I'm not whining is only what i think, so /discuss

Last time I read an alchemist feeling bad cause some guild perk thingie provide flask-like stuff to its members, so selling flasks isn't a point of argument (Based on that guy's QQ post).

I still believe that the Epic Flying mount gained through Alchemy is a darn cool thing. Glad that my Rogue is an alchemist.

Made by myself while I'm bored..

10+ Year Old Account
    So what about the leg enchants for non spell casters?
    What about the drums?
    What about the 4 classes that need crafted gear?
    Sure, so far LW doesn't have gimmicks (except the leather ball) but it sure is useful!
    For the Emperor.

Deleted
    What about leg armors? EH?
    What about the enchants you can do to yourself? EH?

Edit: Damn, got beaten to it :<

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    people don't buy crafted gear at ah, they buy the reagents and they crafted gear for free by the guild members and comparing with other profession is the worst

Quote Originally Posted by Ruttox View Post
    Inscription: with medium glyphs and triple spec you will do much gold than wotlk and you have other interesting things.
    you only have to learn the glyphs one time instead of changeing them if you respec -> i wont sell more glyphs it will be much less than now.
    and dont tell me about the shoulder enchant lw gives you the exact same bonus but on your bracers...

and when announced blizzard triple spec? never heard of it

Nah, easy enchants!

if you can't make money with LW then I'm sorry to say it, but you suck. my gf has made around 100k during the last maybe 6 months by buying stuff on ah making it into other stuff with LW and putting it on again. and skinning makes you loads of gold as well, especially in the start of the expansion, but you can still sell skins for a decent price these days.

Quote Originally Posted by traenkeopa View Post
    you only have to learn the glyphs one time instead of changeing them if you respec -> i wont sell more glyphs it will be much less than now.
    and dont tell me about the shoulder enchant lw gives you the exact same bonus but on your bracers...

It's a troll. A bad one at that. Why are trolls becoming more and more obvious in addition to doing a more and more lackluster job?
    Playing since Patch 1.11 (Draenor & Icecrown - PvE).

Quote Originally Posted by traenkeopa View Post

Scribes now make disappearing dust to make money. You have to consume a disappearing dust to change out a glyph. People who give a shit about optimizing their characters per fight will be eating a LOT of disappearing dust. There's your money.

Not to mention the fact that you'll be able to make 100k+ gold very easy when they implement the permanent glyphs if you stock the proper inventory and are prepared to camp the AH for a couple hours. I'd say around 3 or 4 before the bottom falls out.

The OP kind a fails to describe all pros and cons of a profession.

Blacksmithing
    + 2 extra sockets for your gear that cost extra money to put and to fill with gems
    + 1 Belt buckle to sell that most BS can craft and sell to
    3 Classes using Plate gear with 3 different crafts (DPS, Tank, Spell)
    Crafting Shields and Weapons with Weapons being usable by almost all classes providing good stats and needed upgrades for pre raiding.

Leather-working
    Fur Linings (atm cost 1 Arctic fur but saves you from enchanting your bracer which overall is 0 added extra cost)
    + Fur linings are can be different from AP, Spell power, Stamina to All Resists in game (frost,fire, etc.)
    Armor kits (Tanking, DPS and pvp) leg armor kits that ~ 60% of all characters use
    Crafts for 4 classes in 4 different crafts (Leather DPS & Spell + Mail DPS & Spell)
    Crafting bags (Leather, Mining and scribes satchels *quivers and ammo pouches)
    Crafting some backs (DPS and Tanking)

Tailoring
    A special Back enchant that like LW is cheap to get and replaces 1 other enchant
    A mount (yeah it is cool )
    Several crafts for 3 different classes in 1 max 2 crafts (Caster or healing)
    Crafting Bags (normal, enchanting or *warlock bags)
    Crafting some backs (Casters or Healers)
    Extra collected Cloth around northrend

Alchemy
    Extra Durations on Flasks and extra power on potions
    Crafting Flasks, Elixirs and Potions
    Transmuting gems and elementals
    2x Duration on Elixirs + a free Elixir makes this prof one of the cheapest bonus that saves money every day.
    A Mount in cataclysm

Enchanting
    A money making profession that is making even more with the addition to scrolls in game.
    Disenchanting every SoB item you have for extra money.
    Cheap enchants on rings
    Crafting of some pets and probably crafting of wands in Cataclysm

Jewellcrafting
    A money making profession that everyone needs on almost every new piece of armor they acquire
    Self extra powerful gems that replace the need of existing ones virtually making the perk cost 0 extra money
    SoB trinkets that helped for start of raiding
    Crafts of epic jewelry (Rings and Amulets) for ALL classes (Spell, DPS, Tanks)

Inscriptioning
    Crafting Scrolls for enchanting
    Crafting Glyphs for all classes (that are pain in the A** to put in AH to sell ) 340+ different glyphs atm available
    Crafting 2 Off-hands for casters/healers
    Extra shoulder enchant which removes the need of grinding rep and is exceptionally cheap to put (saves money and time)

Engeneering
    Crafting 3 pets that you could sell for some profit
    1 BoP mount that is cool
    1 expensive mount that you could sell hardly for any profit due to not many ppl willing to spend those
    you can not simply sell your craft for the bike since not everyone will trust you with 12.500 gold in maths easily
    nothing else that actually sells except Arrows and Bullets that are going to get removed
    In cata engeneers will get craftable Guns Bows and Crossbows that are sellable to Hunters and maybe rogues and warriors
    Perhaps in cata they will get also their BoP Helm craft available again
    Some extra tweaks like a parachute, Nitro Boosts and Mote extractor are a fun addition to Engeneering but are mostly fun
    Mote extractor is deff not a money maker but helps.
    Repair Bots, Moll-E, Northred Wormhole are cool things too

Mining/Herbalism/Skining
    All 3 add some static free of charge bonus (Extra health/Healing button/Extra Crit)
    All 3 provide raw materials for the above profesions in different extend
    Mining provides maths for BS/JC/Engeneering
    Herbalism for Inscriptioning and Alchemy
    Skinning mostly for Leatherworking

==================================
    So as a person with all profesions across characters my main has the worst profession in WOW - LW. He is also server first to reach 450 skill in it so he has no idea what LW is. None of the above professions suck. All have their pro's and cons and all of them are better for 1 class and worse for another to a small extend.

It is impossible for everyone to have everything on 1 char
    Live with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruttox View Post
    people don't buy crafted gear at ah, they buy the reagents and they crafted gear for free by the guild members and comparing with other profession is the worst

Tell this to the people who buy my crafted gear, come to think of it I have bought crafted gear from the AH myself.

Anyway, whilst leather working is not the most fun profession it is not the worst.

15+ Year Old Account
    anyone notice how so many trolls pretend that they are foreigners and type like they cant really speak engrish... pls be more original next time

give us back our riding crop and drums, as for money making, you can make money ,but compared to the alch or jc it's a joke but i guess bs is in the same boat as it also dont have a high profit, or some fun aspects to it

/sigh

Enchanting: see tailoring

Tailoring: Blah blah mount and enchanting +ring enchants (WHICH.. btw add up to: the same EXACT bonuses given to every profession, right now that's +(x) AP, +30 Stam, +46 SP.

Enchanting can't make drums that everyone can use. Nor can they try to make some solid cash from d/e... coz everyone gets their d/e ability now.

I'm an enchanter so /biased, but I don't think LW has it any "worse" than enchanting. Neither have been given a ton, but LW isn't any worse off than a lot of other profs.

Oh.. btw: Tailors don't always have enchanting, because, quite frankly, enchanting SUCKS to level.

Most likely in a future patch we will just have to link our enchanting for people to get an enchant from us, because everyone will cry the d/e deal and the scrolls just simply aren't enough. They will just need their mats and the link for instant win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

Still waiting for my craftable leather jacket ><.

OT.

I agree that leatherworking isnt the funniest, but it sure as hell is handy. enchant for bracers, cheap leg enchants, leg enchants you can sell for reasonably good money!

Deleted
    dont worry leatherworking will get some love, they wont make it a prof that no one wants to get anyways

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    People are seriously touting drums as something a LW can make that's beneficial? In BC they were invaluable, but seeing as they added that debuff for using them on top of making them not affect anyone over 70 (without adding in upgraded patterns), they can hardly be cited as a valuable aspect of LW.

What op fails to mention, however, is that we LW can make the absolute COOLEST consumable in the game...I'm talking of course about COMFORTABLE INSOLES! :-D