I'm an idiot and need help :(

Due to my downloader stopping at 98%-99% I felt like uninstalling WoW to try again.

I went to my battle.net account to download the client and I get this error "Failed to read information from the internet. Please close all applications and try again."

After about 20minutes of making sure all apps were not running and my internet stable I cannot figure out why I cant reinstall. Can you guys help me?

Have you tried restarting your computer? Merely closing all applications sometimes isn't enough if something's hung somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Windan
    Being inside the belly of a giant gives one time for reflection. As my body crystallizes I have come to the conclusion that perhaps there are enough heroes in the world. Should I somehow make it out of this predicament I am going to ring that orc's ghostly neck!

Well I did before hand. Let me try again.

Also, when you restart, make sure you're launching WoW through the Launcher rather than straight to the WoW executable (note: this is, after running the installer - once it's finished, make sure you use the Launcher rather than WoW.exe).
    Last edited by Nymphys; 2010-10-13 at 03:41 AM.
    Being inside the belly of a giant gives one time for reflection. As my body crystallizes I have come to the conclusion that perhaps there are enough heroes in the world. Should I somehow make it out of this predicament I am going to ring that orc's ghostly neck!

Same thing. Says my internet is not connected

Try enable or disable P2P on Background Downloader.

I've had this same problem before, which is why I'm taking an interest. I just can't recall for the life of me what caused it. Did you uninstall your old copy of WoW or simply delete the folder? (If running on Vista/Win7, merely deleting the folder would leave installation and update artifacts in your ROAMING folder).

I did an uninstall. I ont think I can link a picture of it either.

---------- Post added 2010-10-13 at 03:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Carlzeiss View Post
    Try enable or disable P2P on Background Downloader.
    But the client wont even come up

OK.. Next approach - you'll need 6 candles, some chicken bones, incense of the poppy plant, a flat space on the floor large enough for a person to lie down, and a bowl - for all the blood...

Yes, I'm out of ideas. ><

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymphys View Post
    OK.. Next approach - you'll need 6 candles, some chicken bones, incense of the poppy plant, a flat space on the floor large enough for a person to lie down, and a bowl - for all the blood...

Yes, I'm out of ideas. ><
    You forgot the toad warts and eye of newt!
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

what about the repair tool?

Quote Originally Posted by Predatard View Post
    what about the repair tool?
    He's installing, not patching. Fresh install. No repair tool.

Per the very post.

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!!(?)

I had forgotten that I had bought a disk 2 years ago( oddly enough I used a digital download >.<)

Hopefully everything can be installed quickly.

---------- Post added 2010-10-13 at 04:34 AM ----------

I......am going.....to enrage.

"You are not connected to the internet"

---------- Post added 2010-10-13 at 04:44 AM ----------

/raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage