Enhance - What to reforge?

After getting spell hit cap, what do we reforge for?

10+ Year Old Account
    nvm ... I'm tired >_> See the new post of me below.
    Last edited by phai; 2010-10-13 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Tired =_=

what do we remove? Haste or crit?

Deleted
    From Shaman on Raman who has been testing this stuff for a while with sims and on Beta.

What’s more important to note is the stat increases. Reforging crit into Mastery saw DPS go from 10,670 to 11,228 dps, a 558 dps increase. Regemming haste into agility saw us go from 11,900 to 12,440, a 540 dps increase, providing an overall dps boost of 1,098 dps

Quote Originally Posted by phai View Post
    Mastery. Attack Power.
    Attack power got removed from the game...cmon.
    OT:

I guess you regemed for agility so you need to check your crit. If you are very high on crit, reforge crit to mastery potentionaly expertise, so you dont have to gem for it. But id guess it is better to reforge haste into expertise.

I think you are supposed to gem for Agility, and reforge for hit and expertise caps first, and then mastery. Choosing between giving up haste or crit I'm not too sure about, I would assume crit is easier to trade for since you get some from SS and Agility. The crit values will probably still be high at 80 anyways so not a big deal to trade for mastery, that does change at 85 tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxhoundn View Post
    OT:

I guess you regemed for agility so you need to check your crit. If you are very high on crit, reforge crit to mastery potentionaly expertise, so you dont have to gem for it. But id guess it is better to reforge haste into expertise.
    Oh damn, I thought he asked for gemming aswell.

1.) Reforge Crit/Haste/Excess Hit (only if spell hit capped) into Expertise, until capped at 138.
    2.) Reforge Crit/Haste into Hit to the 446 Spell Hit Cap. (Remember, 3% hit debuff is gone, so you need all your hit from gear now.)
    3.) After these two caps are reached, reforge Crit/Haste into Mastery.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its also worth noting that most T10 gear will now have mass crit, especially on peices that had ArP on formerly. Therefore, such peices will have more Crit than Haste, so reforging the Crit on such peices should give you lots more Mastery. It is also a good idea, since lots of us could well be over the Crit cap with gear changes and Agility gemming.
    Last edited by Lylz; 2010-10-13 at 09:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the reasoning being reforging to expertise and hit first?

I would've assumed to gem for those stats fill the rest up with agility and then reforge everything into mastery since that cannot be gemmed yet, just wondering if there is any particular reason why reforging to those caps is recommended over regemming them

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    What's the reasoning being reforging to expertise and hit first?
    For starters, don't reforge hit, take advantage of hit blue gems to get good socket bonuses

As for reforging expertise,
    the assumption behind that, is that agility is better than mastery,
    by reforging expertise you indirectly gain agility because it frees up all the expertise gems for more agility gems.

(this applies to all melee classes, by reforging expertise and hit, you're essentially "reforging agi/str" via freed up gem sockets, which otherwise wouldn't be possible)

10+ Year Old Account
    aha thanks for the explaination, i was going out that mastery was a higher stat priority over agility, with it being beter it does make sense doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    aha thanks for the explaination, i was going out that mastery was a higher stat priority over agility, with it being beter it does make sense doing that.
    So, is the crit cap at level 80, in 4.01 patch, still effectively 80.8%?

My reforging last night had me ending up with something like 58% self-buffed crit chance. After reforging for the expertise and hit caps, I reforged any remaining haste into mastery, and gemmed for Agi. Now, my mastery is something like 26% additional fire/frost/nature damage. Should I lower my crit for more mastery, or should I be good?

And, does anyone know if Rawr and Enhsim are updated for 4.01? I haven't checked in a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe rawr isn't updated for this patch yet and enhsim is now aimed to work for level 85 not 80, might be able to personally tweak it to 80 but i don't know how to do such a thing.

Your melee crit cap is dependant on your hit rating, but i cannot confirm or deny if the crit cap numbers are still correct as i believe the amount of crit gained from agility might have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post
    So, is the crit cap at level 80, in 4.01 patch, still effectively 80.8%?

My reforging last night had me ending up with something like 58% self-buffed crit chance. After reforging for the expertise and hit caps, I reforged any remaining haste into mastery, and gemmed for Agi. Now, my mastery is something like 26% additional fire/frost/nature damage. Should I lower my crit for more mastery, or should I be good?

And, does anyone know if Rawr and Enhsim are updated for 4.01? I haven't checked in a while.
    Rawr wasn't updated as of yesterday morning. EnhSim was updated last week, I believe. The crit cap for Enhancement Shaman is a little more complicated than just saying 80.8% (I think 80.8% is the flat crit cap for single-wield and only attainable while dual wielding if you're at the DW hit cap). You've got a balancing act going on between hit and crit at high levels. There's a thread on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxhoundn View Post
    OT:

Sigh. Attack Power DID NOT get removed from the game, it still exists. You just don't find gear with AP on it. Which means you cannot reforge something into attack power.

Reforging : Changing 40% of one SECONDARY stat into another SECONDARY stat.

Secondary Stats : Spirit, Mastery, Crit, Haste, Dodge, Parry, Expertise, Hit. (Hmmm feeling I've missed one can't think what it is).

You cannot reforge primary stats ie: Str, Agi, Int, Stam, Armour.

---------- Post added 2010-10-13 at 01:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post
    does anyone know if Rawr and Enhsim are updated for 4.01? I haven't checked in a while.
    See my sig for link to EnhSim. Rawr.Enhance is looking for a new developer and will NOT be updated for level 80 even if it had a new developer Rawr's development focus is on lvl 85 only.

I dont know what enhancement should reforge into, but elemental should reforge all the crit they can into mastery.