Page 1 of 2
LastLast

4.0.1 Holy Reforging

I was wondering if anyone had tinkered around with reforging on the PTR, and can tell me what stats I should be looking to reforge off and what to turn them into.
    I was thinking I needed to change a bunch of stats over to spirit, but I'm not completely sure.
    Anyone have any input?

I'm personally going to wait until the servers are all patched, log in and toy around, try a few heroics before reforging and then see how I perform. I have no desire to make up my mind before I've even tried it out.

I've been wondering about this, too. I'll probably change a bit to mastery if possible, I can spare a good chunk of haste and crit. I figure there should be enough spirit on gear to cover everything, considering we're going to have even more int to work with and somewhat the same spell costs for everything, though with all of the nerfs to regen we've taken, that could be a horribly wrong assumption.

I'm going full out mastery rating.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamsGaming View Post
    I'm going full out mastery rating.
    bad idea since the bubbles dont stack, they overwrite eachother

|Pm Requests: Closed | Current Que: 0 | My Work | My Holy Pally UI|

Quote Originally Posted by Protigee View Post
    That's not exactly why it's a bad idea, but it is indeed probably a bad idea. You'd have to do the math.

From what I'm thinking, the order should be Haste (until cap) -> Crit (until a certain point) -> Mastery.

Realistically, the haste cap will never be met, therefore haste will most likely always be the number one stat.
    I'm curious where spirit lies though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy_Matt View Post
    Realistically, the haste cap will never be met, therefore haste will most likely always be the number one stat.
    I'm curious where spirit lies though.
    No, I mean the soft cap where your GCD is reduced to 1 second. At that point, haste isn't as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Subdivision View Post
    No, I mean the soft cap where your GCD is reduced to 1 second. At that point, haste isn't as good.
    Not really, remember our spells have higher cds on them now

Quote Originally Posted by Protigee View Post
    plz stop spreading this misconception...a little bubble WILL NOT overwrite a big one.

so if i crit a divlne light for 20k and get a 2k bubble and holy shock right after for on 9k the 2k bubble will still be there not the 900bubble from holy shock

if you actually test this out you for youself you would have seen they fix that bug
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

personnally im goin for around 15% mastery and then maybe a lil extra spirit but will see what happens when servers are up, on ptr i managed to get 18% mastery and it worked quite well although mana regen is very tight, i just hope blizz change our mastery to stack eventually but will see on wols raid reports how good it is without stacking soon enough.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    plz stop spreading this misconception...a little bubble WILL NOT overwrite a big one.
    The misconception here is, that you think ,that a bigger bubble overwriting a smaller bubble doesn't equal overheal or wasted heal.

so if i crit a divlne light for 20k and get a 2k bubble and holy shock right after for on 9k the 2k bubble will still be there not the 900bubble from holy shock

if you actually test this out you for youself you would have seen they fix that bug
    Stop not getting it, the problem is that they dont stack, and if you put a big shield and then a smaller one, the smaller one is wasted, hence overhealing, reason why stacking mastery over haste is a bad idea, hell even crit is a better stat, since it gives you bigger heals (actual healing) and bigger shields (without wasting stats on mastery)

Nillo beat me to it, but yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Mmrdkm View Post
    Not really, remember our spells have higher cds on them now
    It still gets a lot less potent once you hit the GCD cap (which is doable in ICC gear) especially because 2 of our main heals are instant cast and stop scaling with haste at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    The misconception here is, that you think ,that a bigger bubble overwriting a smaller bubble doesn't equal overheal or wasted heal.
    im sorry dude but i disagree with you...
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Will my legendary maces proc override the mastery until i get to over 15% 0_0
    A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Mastery is bad - get over it for it to be as good as haste the Shields would need to have about twice the duration (6 is just laughable) and roll together instead of only letting the largest shield stay.

How do you disagree with math?

Let's do this:

Boom! 500 damage shield
    Smack! 300 damage shield.
    You heal! There's a new shield with 1000 damage on it.

There's 300 in wasted potential heal there. You can't 'disagree' with it. It's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    It still gets a lot less potent once you hit the GCD cap (which is doable in ICC gear) especially because 2 of our main heals are instant cast and stop scaling with haste at that point.
    I understand what you are saying, yet if i need to use DL i want to use it now, and you can push it below 1.5 secs if used after a HS, which we will be spamming on cd or earlier (depending on Day break). Of course u must have the spirit to support this kind of gameplay, good thing i do. allowing me to burst heal for ridiculous amount before going back to hl spam where i actually get mana back while spamming it.

Quote Originally Posted by Subdivision View Post
    How do you disagree with math?

Let's do this:

Boom! 500 damage shield
    Smack! 300 damage shield.
    You heal! There's a new shield with 1000 damage on it.

There's 300 in wasted potential heal there. You can't 'disagree' with it. It's a fact.
    i dont disagree with math but i disagree that it is bad...it is a FREE bonus to your healing.

yes it will never be like divine ageis but i think it is wrong to call it garbage