Thread: 310% flying

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

310% flying

Since you can buy it now... does that mean the mounts that you can get from ulduar achievement and others have lost their 310% benefits?

What I mean is... if i go to ulduar now, and get the mount will i get the 310% benefit with it also... or is that gone now?
    Last edited by Deathleaper; 2010-10-13 at 01:25 PM. Reason: spell error

Deleted
    No, if you have a 310% mount you effectively get the speed free of charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathleaper View Post
    Since you can buy it now... deos that mean the mounts that you can get from ulduar achievement and others have lost their 310% benefits?
    Where can i buy it at? I already had 280%, and I did see the trainer had "Master Riding" but i thought it was just the %280..maybe a glitch?
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

No...
    If you have a 310% mount you don't have to buy the skill...
    If you get a 310% mount before you buy the skill all your mounts will scale to 310%
    The Ulduar and ICC achiv mounts are not going to be removed from the game, so you can still get them to save 5000g.

---------- Post added 2010-10-13 at 02:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    Where can i buy it at? I already had 280%, and I did see the trainer had "Master Riding" but i thought it was just the %280..maybe a glitch?
    On the PTR was on the flight trainer on Dalaran, but I guess you can buy it on any flight trainer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otinar View Post
    No...
    If you have a 310% mount you don't have to buy the skill...
    If you get a 310% mount before you buy the skill all your mounts will scale to 310%

The Ulduar and ICC achiv mounts are not going to be removed from the game, so you can still get them to save 5000gOn the PTR was on the flight trainer on Dalaran, but I guess you can buy it on any flight trainer.
    The mounts aren't being removed, but I believe if you get them now they're just 280% mounts untill you get the 310% skill. If you had a 310% mount before the patch, you get the skill for free.

Also, keep in mind that you can buy the skill with a faction discount if you buy it for 4000g instead of 5000g if you visit an faction trainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
    The mounts aren't being removed, but I believe if you get them now they're just 280% mounts untill you get the 310% skill. If you had a 310% mount before the patch, you get the skill for free.
    They won't be obtainable in the same way as they are now seeing Blizz're making the Glory to the X Raider Feats of Strength. If they make them drops from bosses in the instance or they're getting removed like the Plagued Proto Drake. The removal of them seems more likely to keep them semi-rare.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironlight the Warlock View Post
    They won't be obtainable in the same way as they are now seeing Blizz're making the Glory to the X Raider Feats of Strength. If they make them drops from bosses in the instance or they're getting removed like the Plagued Proto Drake. The removal of them seems more likely to keep them semi-rare.
    Thought we already had a blue stating they are staying the same

They are staying the same...those achiv are no changing...
    The ones that get FoS are the "imortal" ones

Glory of the Ulduar Raider (25 player)
    and still rewards
    Reins of the Ironbound Proto-Drake and still a extremely fast mount.

Deleted
    It would be great if those who say that the ulduar drakes are staying and those who say they are being removed could provide any blue posts confirming one or the other. As far as I know, Blizzard has only said that they won't be any mount changes in 4.01, and that doesn't mean they are staying when cata hits.

Let me get this straight: you can buy the 310% flying skill already ? Thought it will be available at expansion...
    Thank you in advance.

No kidding. This is like the fifth thread on this topic where there have been people vehemently arguing both sides with no backup. Look, if you're not 100% certain then don't just make stuff up that supports your personal theory.

I'm inclined to believe that the old 310 mounts are 280 now since Blizzard loves their gold sinks and they've just added a second tier of 5000g flight to the game. But I do not know for certain if this is a the case, since I have not obtained any of the old 310 mounts in the past day.

Yes, you can buy it now. It's 5k from the riding trainer in Dalaran, but I got it with faction discount at Valiance Keep. Horde can probably get it from Warsong Hold, but I haven't checked.

It's worth finding the trainers that offer the discount. At exalted it's 1000g saved.

Ok, so, its not that mounts are ANY speed anymore. No more mounts actually have a speed. They do have a riding training requirment, but thats it. Mounts scale to your highest speed training (they scale up, not down). This includes all mounts, including the ICC/Uld ones. So, if you get them with only Artisan training they are 280%, get them with Master training and they are 310%. Now, what they could still be doing, is when you get the achievment (not the mount) allow you do get the Master training for free. Until someone gets the achieve or we see a blue post we have no idea if getting an achievement that used to award a 310 now will give you the training or not. But, mounts no longer have speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by dantekk View Post
    Let me get this straight: you can buy the 310% flying skill already ? Thought it will be available at expansion...
    Thank you in advance.
    Yep, it's in the game now. Azeroth flight won't be in until you buy Cataclysm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    280% is called Artisan riding

Look, all you guys thinking that 310% mounts will now drop at 280% mounts have some silly logic. Let us look at the description of the Ironbound Proto-drake on Wowhead, in both the cata and live versions:

Live - http://www.wowhead.com/item=45801 "Teaches you how to summon this mount. Can only be summoned in Outland or Northrend. This is an extremely fast mount."
    Cata - http://cata.wowhead.com/item=45801 "Teaches you how to summon this mount. Can only be summoned in Outland or Northrend. This is an extremely fast mount."

As you can see, the speed is not changing. If you don't believe me, lets compare it to the descriptions of other favorite flying mounts:

280% -
    Blue/Red Dragonhawk - http://www.wowhead.com/item=44843 "Teaches you how to summon this mount. Can only be summoned in Outland or Northrend. This is a very fast mount."
    Green Proto-Drake - http://www.wowhead.com/item=44707 "Teaches you how to summon this mount. Can only be summoned in Outland or Northrend. This is a very fast mount."

310% -
    Bloodbathed/Icebound Frostbrood Vanquisher - http://www.wowhead.com/item=51955 "Teaches you how to summon this mount. Can only be summoned in Outland or Northrend. This is an extremely fast mount."
    Violet Proto-drake - http://www.wowhead.com/item=44177 "Teaches you how to summon this mount. Can only be summoned in Outland or Northrend. This is an extremely fast mount."

As you can see, "extremely" means 310% and "very" means 280%. I sincerely hope this answers the initial inquiry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

They said multiple times that they're not taking these drakes out and that they don't care if people farm them. Considering it doesn't matter anymore because people can just buy the 310% it makes sense.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    Yes, you can buy it now. It's 5k from the riding trainer in Dalaran, but I got it with faction discount at Valiance Keep. Horde can probably get it from Warsong Hold, but I haven't checked.

It's worth finding the trainers that offer the discount. At exalted it's 1000g saved.
    Thanks.

Exalted with both Warsong Offensive and Thrallmar. Can hardly wait to get home

Quote Originally Posted by Jamber View Post
    Look, all you guys thinking that 310% mounts will now drop at 280% mounts have some silly logic. Let us look at the description of the Ironbound Proto-drake on Wowhead, in both the cata and live versions:

Live - http://www.wowhead.com/item=45801 "Teaches you how to summon this mount. Can only be summoned in Outland or Northrend. This is an extremely fast mount."
    Cata - http://cata.wowhead.com/item=45801 "Teaches you how to summon this mount. Can only be summoned in Outland or Northrend. This is an extremely fast mount."

As you can see, the speed is not changing. If you don't believe me, lets compare it to the descriptions of other favorite flying mounts:

280% -
    Blue/Red Dragonhawk - http://www.wowhead.com/item=44843 "Teaches you how to summon this mount. Can only be summoned in Outland or Northrend. This is a very fast mount."
    Green Proto-Drake - http://www.wowhead.com/item=44707 "Teaches you how to summon this mount. Can only be summoned in Outland or Northrend. This is a very fast mount."

310% -
    Bloodbathed/Icebound Frostbrood Vanquisher - http://www.wowhead.com/item=51955 "Teaches you how to summon this mount. Can only be summoned in Outland or Northrend. This is an extremely fast mount."
    Violet Proto-drake - http://www.wowhead.com/item=44177 "Teaches you how to summon this mount. Can only be summoned in Outland or Northrend. This is an extremely fast mount."

As you can see, "extremely" means 310% and "very" means 280%. I sincerely hope this answers the initial inquiry.
    Stop taking the tooltips as gospel. What truly matters is the Aura that it applies. Mounts used to apply an aura that contained a value (280 or 310). All mounts now apply the same Aura called "Mod Speed Mounted" or something like that if you check mmo-champs db. These auras used to contain values. They do not anymore. ALL mounts scale with training. The tooltips mean nothing.

Like I said. All mounts scale now. The question remains, when you obtain the achievement that used to give you a 310 mount, will you still get the Master riding training or not.
    Last edited by ikabod00; 2010-10-13 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ikabod00 View Post
    Stop taking the tooltips as gospel. What truly matters is the Aura that it applies. Mounts used to apply an aura that contained a value (280 or 310). All mounts now apply the same Aura called "Mod Speed Mounted" or something like that if you check mmo-champs db. These auras used to contain values. They do not anymore. ALL mounts scale with training. The tooltips mean nothing.

Like I said. All mounts scale now. The question remains, when you obtain the achievement that used to give you a 310 mount, will you still get the Master riding training or not.
    I'll let you know once Hallow's End starts and I get the Violet Proto on my Mage alt... You'll be able to tell by the tone of my post alone as I will either be extremely pissed off or very relieved.