Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Say Bye Bye To Resil On Wed

So looks like I will be rocking the BG's with many other "glass cannons".

But seriously though, should I still wear my PvP gear in bg's? For the extra Stam? or just use PvE gear?

Thoughts?

Resil. So you don't get globaled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Resil will only offer a passive damage reduction after the patch no more reduced chance to be crit or reduced crti damage it wouldn't be crazy to just bank your pvp gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Silver
    "Now, you listen to me, James Hawkins. You got the makings of greatness in you, but you got to take the helm and chart your own course. Stick to it, no matter the squalls! And when the time comes you get the chance to really test the cut of your sails, and show what you're made of! Well, I hope I'm there, catching some of the light coming off you that day."

The damage reduction is significantly higher now that the crit reduction is gone. You'll see

Deleted
    finally i can pvp in Survival spec with out the feeling i shooting warriors with paper O_o

Quote Originally Posted by inhide View Post
    finally i can pvp in Survival spec with out the feeling i shooting warriors with paper O_o
    Oh no you will still be shooting them with paper just the numbers that pop up on your screen will be big and surprising so you think you are doing something :]

On topic: Wear your PvP gear or prepare to get 1 shotted by anything and everything that does damage.

With the removal of ARP i'll actualy stack resil gear, you know, to actualy survive maybe a whole second agains't a shaman or a lock, 1300 should be enough for this.

Live:

4.0.1:

prot pvp in full resil gear will be so fun

credits: Supernerd

Quote Originally Posted by Talimar View Post
    Live:

4.0.1:
    Exactly... resilience is actually more beneficial now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukah View Post
    So looks like I will be rocking the BG's with many other "glass cannons".

But seriously though, should I still wear my PvP gear in bg's? For the extra Stam? or just use PvE gear?

Thoughts?
    Pve and pvp gear will have same hp,on ptr i have 33520 hp in pve gear and in pvp gear 33770 and mana also is kinda same 41k in pvp gear and almost 42k in pve.So don't count on hp you will still need pvp gear for the 30% reduce damage(1100 resi),i've done some BGs in pve gear and is not a great ideea since any relentless rogues or 264 pve geared can Ambush for 25k-30k that's 1 shot same story with arcane mage(arcane blast on 4 stacks can hit for up to 52k that's max i've crit and i don't have any single 277 item)

Shit is still gonna oneshot you, so go for 0 resil and oneshot shit before it oneshots you
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

With the simplification of resil it becomes easier to determine if your reduced TTL is worth the extra damage output from PVE gear. It's going to be a personal decision based on the quality of your PVE gear vs your PVP gear, primarily. If you have full 277 PVE and full Wrathful, you're probably better off using the Wrathful. If you have full 277 PVE and Relentless, you're probably better off in the 277 for the considerable increase in HP and damage output, possibly with Wrathful honor pieces complimenting the mostly PVE set.

I had been playing my lock on the PTR with around 500 resil and mostly PVE gear (Wrathful offset, etc) and it was quite good. Though, the mitigation from Soul Link skews my perception in that case.

Again, preference/class/playstyle should determine what a player chooses to use in the new bursty environment. Even with 1300 resil some classes will be able to kill you in seconds if a PVP damage debuff isn't added in.

With 1100 resilience, I was just in a warsong gulch and I kept getting globaled by a PVE arcane mage. The highest hit my Recount recorded was 20831. I have 37k health.

By wearing PVP gear, I gain 1100 resilience, lose 2k life (lol?) and gain about 500 spell power. Worth it? Maybe. Bring both sets to see if you're up against four arcane mages and three ele shamans or not.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inhide View Post
    then your doing something wrong.....

---------- Post added 2010-10-13 at 03:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge View Post
    Shit is still gonna oneshot you, so go for 0 resil and oneshot shit before it oneshots you
    this^^^

Deleted
    If you're playing Shadowdance rogue you don't even need PvP gear.

Cheap shot - Shadow Dance - 3x Ambush - dead.

And you can reset the fight over 9000 times

Quote Originally Posted by pleaserelax View Post
    With the simplification of resil it becomes easier to determine if your reduced TTL is worth the extra damage output from PVE gear. It's going to be a personal decision based on the quality of your PVE gear vs your PVP gear, primarily. If you have full 277 PVE and full Wrathful, you're probably better off using the Wrathful. If you have full 277 PVE and Relentless, you're probably better off in the 277 for the considerable increase in HP and damage output, possibly with Wrathful honor pieces complimenting the mostly PVE set.

I had been playing my lock on the PTR with around 500 resil and mostly PVE gear (Wrathful offset, etc) and it was quite good. Though, the mitigation from Soul Link skews my perception in that case.

Again, preference/class/playstyle should determine what a player chooses to use in the new bursty environment. Even with 1300 resil some classes will be able to kill you in seconds if a PVP damage debuff isn't added in.
    This is an interesting perspective... On my Sub rogue I myself have mostly 264 PvE and Relentless to chose between which is a balance between the two examples you gave as this is a 13 ilvl difference... Right now, I can get to about 600 resilience... will try that vs. 0 resilience (full PvE) for a few days and decide if I maybe want to up that to 800-900 by rounding off my Relentless set which is still missing a few pieces.

Even though PvP right now really doesn't "matter" per se, I'd like to still do it as much as possible to familiarize myself with the new class mechanics. Plus, I imagine there will be a fair bit of World PvP while leveling up, which I'm quite excited about. How I set up my leveling gear, PvE vs. PvP/PvE mix may be affected by these findings over the next month or so.

I just did some PVP this morning with my Ret pally and it was deffiantly different. I think the resil. did help a fair amount (I have 900 some) as none of the casters were one-shoting me and actually faired well against healers to (long arm of justice + rebuke ftw). Overall I think its going to be alot learning which classes counter what now cus class vs. class I'm doing alot better on ones I sucked at fighting and haveing trouble on ones that I could destroy before. And no, my dmg was not bad had a few TV crits over 18k with most being 16k and CS criting for 7 to 8k, Exorcism was around 9k with 2k dot tick with glyph usually in a 10 to 15 sec time period I could down a caster.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to be globaled, then go without. Other-wise stack it all the same. Passive 30-35% damage reduction is pretty nifty.

I'm sitting at 1400 cap. 40% reduction. Today they buffed the effectiveness of resilience for 80 & below by 50%, so that's a 60% flat damage reduction. To me, that's a no brainer. Yes, I can nuke things insanely fast in PVE gear, but the simple fact is that you can still nuke them fast enough in PVP gear.

The sad part is, I have more health in my PVE gear than in my PVP gear (and that's with the PVP gear having a lot of stam gemming!), though the PVE set is all 277 vs my PVP set which is 50/50 Wrathful/Relentless. IMO, they should've buffed the health on the PVP gear as well.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic