Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

[Priest] State of Discipline 4.0.1

Hooray, new patch has finally gone out. And we've had a shot at playing around with some of the fun tools we have. While we're still here waiting for 4.0.3 to bring us content, and/or Cataclysm to bring us 85, we need a place to bring people up to speed, as well as getting together to talk about our own findings.

Discipline has a few things going for it now, so please share with us your questions, concerns, or findings. Playstyle, Talent Build, Glyphs, own experiences, these are all excellent to have. And this is only to purge out the outdated info, so we can begin anew for 4.0 until Cataclysm, making it more accessible for people to dive into.

What are your findings with the spec?

Edit: This is a continuation of the old thread, which is now closed.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Ive founld that smite + atto is working pretty nicely. I decided to drop my 4 peace bonus in order to get 25% haste all to gather its going pretty well.

Are you running any Spirit on your gear at all? Or is it just crit/haste gear? How are you doing for Mastery, and what content are you using it for?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you guys answer a simple question for me about Disc and the new crazy amounts of mana we all have?

Is the t10 set bonuses worth it now or would I be better off getting gear without spirit?

Atonement appears to be broken for me? This happening with other people?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gradywhite View Post
    Yes pretty much everyone has it broken now. Sad but we can manage until the fix I suppose.

Me personaly I just said screw spirit, more haste(and mastery). Its actually going pretty well too, its actually the same thing I did in beta too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradywhite View Post
    It's a divine sign saying you shouldn't be using atonement ). I know I won't be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Are you running any Spirit on your gear at all? Or is it just crit/haste gear? How are you doing for Mastery, and what content are you using it for?
    i have 786 spirit, 29% crit, 25% haste and have about 15% mastery. Im not running oom at all smite with alot of haste is really strong right now.

my character if interested http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...th&cn=Hatsumii

As a leveling priest (47 as of this posting) I love Disc healing. However, Atonement has been broken for me since earlier this morning. I love the wings though they restore a lot of mana. I very rarely run low on mana. It takes a very extreme situation to run me out of mana as Disc. I will be testing holy for awhile until atonement is fixed.

I've been rolling with a non-smite spec

So far I've been using PW:S then just heal spamming(doesn't matter if it overheals) just to strip weakened soul. Complementing with Penance/GHeal for major throughput and PoM/PoM for a little AE help. It's been working fantastic for heroics so far. With all the changes I was a little worried PW:S wouldn't be that strong but the bigger emphasis on intellect has pushed mana way up making rapture an extremely powerful talent and being able to throw down shields every 6-7 seconds provides a lot more power than I was expecting.

PW:Barrier has come out of it's cage a couple times... usually just for the fancy graphic. It's been overall worthless. AOE size is too small, cooldown too long and total absorb amount to low. If I could I wouldn't even waste a point on it but you need to spec into another tree =\

10+ Year Old Account
    I've run with a smite spec and i think it works very well.. especcialy with there being no Healbot for a coulple of days.. i have no issue in heroics keeping everyone up with smite.
    I'm running at 29% Crit, 22% haste w/o talents, i have borrowed time and the 3% from shadow specc'd for a bit extra. And 11 Mastery. I've found no issues with mana.. however thats probably due to all my SP/haste gems going to int.. so 45k unbuffed mana pool ftw

Discipline is a very fun spec with the new patch. PW:B is an excellent spell and glyph of PW:B even effects Dreamwalker!

Deleted
    Attonement is broken for me too - although worked perfect yesterday..
    Renew crits proccing DA bubbles so im very happy about that - Renew is a perfect filler spell for us to use now. I got my PW:S upto 10718 absorbtion thru mastery and im stacking DA upto 7028 max...so both together is pretty nice.
    24% haste with 2 points in Darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by Landfall View Post
    especcialy with there being no Healbot for a coulple of days..
    The alpha version of healbot is working fine.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yup Atonement stopped working half way through the evening. Weird!

I converted 40% of all my spirit to Mastery as I found I was full of mana even spamming Holy Nova through hc's. Sitting on about 25% crit, 12% haste & 15 mastery. (I'm not the best geared - check sig.)

I did notice PW:B seemed a bit... lacklustre. I checked the tooltip and according to that, my PW:S is absorbing more damage than PW:B. Toolip error or vastly under-powered Barrier?

Also, loving renew now it refreshes and stacks DA. I used it quite a bit before. Now it's awesome!

EDIT ----------------------
    you can download Healbot 4.0.1a (or something) from Curseforge.com (zip file on the right). works fine for me.
    Last edited by Deadkipper; 2010-10-14 at 09:31 AM. Reason: link added
    "Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative" - Oscar Wilde

Nab Disco Priest | Nab DK Tonk

Deleted
    I've reforged a fair amount of Spirit into Mastery at the moment. 32% gives a PW:S with a little over 10k absorption (PW:B closer to 41k). I'm currently sitting pretty on about 40k mana, so regen will hardly be a problem, but there is plenty of scope to use Evangelism/Archangel if I have to spam FH enough to burn through that much mana... which'll be never. Crit is still a little high and haste is too low to be ideal, but I'll be wanting to try it out in a raid first.
    PW:B is a little iffy, I can see some situations where it'll be useful but as with Lightwell, it'll also be down to the rest of the raid to maximise it's usefulness and with a 3min CD, it's a situational spell at the moment, though I did see somewhere that they've put the CD to 2mins on PTR?
    I've not managed to find a hole for Heal in a rotation at the moment, and I don't think I will until we start heading toward the newer content, which'll be something to looking forward to at least.

All in all, not a bad patch, though priests have more buttons to push than ever now!

Deleted
    Divine ageis behaving strangly for anyone ? Seemed ok earlier - I could get it to go upto 7028 max..but now its only going up 6014 max...

Quote Originally Posted by Parishealton View Post
    Divine ageis behaving strangly for anyone ? Seemed ok earlier - I could get it to go upto 7028 max..but now its only going up 6014 max...
    Are you comparing buffed to unbuffed since it appeared to be stacking to a maximum of 20% of the priests hp during PTR/Beta testing

10+ Year Old Account
    Something else that seems odd, in a pure Healing Disc spec (no Evagelism/Atonement) Holy Fire crits are procing DA. (tested on dummy)