Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaver View Post
    Rofl at the kick. Even if it is total fail it is funny. Kicked for smite healing lolz.
    As for healing rain. Now that u said that i am gonna give lessons at 85. "Ok guys before we start let me show u something. You see that green circle? Oh that green circle is the opposite of bad red/black circles. It actually heals you!"
    unfortunately, as the ebb and flow of bad players go, that will be the point in time when they learn to avoid all circle thingies on the floor. and the fail train keep on chuggin'

Hmm.. I didn't even get kicked for dpsing entirely through smite chakra yesterday in a group. (As a dps, because I was queued with a friend who also only had a healing spec). Surprising how kick-happy people can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeyn View Post
    When lvl 85 premade was first available on beta, I was healing a regular instance on my shaman. The new aoe healing spell "Healing Rain" creates a white patch on the ground to show the healing area. Literally had dps running out of it, thinking it was a ground fire type effect.
    i would just let them die, lol. then when that person complains i'll say "you would of gotten heals if you didn't move out of the healing rain..."

was it a pali that started yelling at you? he was prob jealous cause you passed him on the meters... (jk :P)

but really, why should anyone have a problem with more damage being done as a group? it's like they just want a trophy wife.

I loved Smite healing until I discovered the AoE Chakra. Now I do that and pretend I'm a Shammy.

Seriously though, people have never 'gotten' Disc priests. Once upon a time you could rage-starve Warriors and Druids, but that day is long since past. I still occasionally get 'why you bubble me man, can't you heal? Herp Derp.' This is just the latest iteration of that. Soon you'll be asking 'why don't you <insert name of self-heal here>' of DPS and they'll bitch because it steals DPS from their meters. It's just kinda sad really.

there was one priest in daily heroic who was keeping us top hp and doing best dps,it was very funny to see,so they don't have clue

PuGs can be seriously stupid and horrible. on my resto shaman main i was in a group where only 1 guy was breaking past about 1k-1.2k dps in HoS (rogue was only doing about 800). The tank failed as the hunter (the only half way decent dps) and i ended up tanking half the mobs.

I eventually got fed up and just started dps'ing (beat the rogue and tank when i did it). and i swear if any of them had said something about it i would have ripped them a new one. I know there are still people out there who are just getting in to heroics, but that was just unacceptable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that's pretty dumb.

As long as nobody's dying, I really couldn't care less how my healers are healing. They could be just bandaging people for all I care, as long as the hp bars stay topped off.

And helping with the dps is a plus. Your group was messed up in the head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampantsoto View Post
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post

When I tank I only have one request, healer keeps me alive and keeps up with me, other than that I don't care how they heal, I have had many boomkinds heal me in pugs and I Love it
    This. As someone who really only tanks randoms, all I care about is moving forward at a reasonable speed and not dying. Like, you wanna DPS and heal? Go for it. You wanna DPS because I'm on my DK and he hardly needs a heal? Go for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    So I was doing my daily random, and I got yelled at and then kicked for healing primarily with smite/atonement.
    I got yelled at just for Smite healing, they said it was only for pvp and shortly there after kicked me, even though I was keeping everybody topped off, and we had had no wipes.

What do other priests think about healing with smite?
    OP's anecdote is far too one sided to be taken seriously. In the highly unlikely event that you've told us everything, which you prtty much haven't, then this would be a funny story to laugh about, not something to get community handholding on.

A good RL friend of mine has smite healed me (a tank) through at least a few dozen Heroics post patch, some in his level 60 RP gear for S'n'Gs, and no one said a word against him.

Bluff called. Screenshot or gtfo.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I was doing my daily random, and I got yelled at and then kicked for healing primarily with smite/atonement.
    I got yelled at just for Smite healing, they said it was only for pvp and shortly there after kicked me, even though I was keeping everybody topped off, and we had had no wipes.

Peoples ignorance and rudeness always surprise me, as long as no one is either dead or dieing, dps away healer! I always feel bad for the healer healing me in 5 man heroics, tanks with 277 and 264 Ilvl gear don't get hit much!
    Last edited by Bamahut; 2010-10-15 at 06:37 PM.
    Yep I'm guild-less because of toxic elite-jerks in my old top raiding guild. Why can't we all get along like normal human beings?

10+ Year Old Account
    From a bears point of view, smite away - shorter the fight = less potential damage = healing not needed, and with the avoidance we are seeing in the WotLK dungeons with LotP and SD we dont need much more than a shield for a boss fight. No sense on the healers getting bored - have some fun

Some people just don't make a whole lot of sense. Their brain just doesn't work right. And sometimes those people make up the majority of your random group, it sucks.

Had a tank 0/71/0, obviously new to the game. They were 2 pulls in and me and a healer popped in at the same time an d ran to catch up. I was like oh boy, looked at his gear, sighed, and pushed through the instance, gave a few helpful tips. And at the end he said "Thanks for not kicking me... trying to build my tank gear but everyone keeps kicking me"

At least those people are new or fresh 80s. That happens, no ones a pro from the start. However, being a dick is a choice.

Friendly suggestions != kicking.

OP's anecdote is far too one sided to be taken seriously.

Might not be often, but people like this definitely exist.
    Last edited by Mysta; 2010-10-15 at 06:39 PM.
    [110][110][110][110][110][110][100][90][90][85][59][70]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    OP's anecdote is far too one sided to be taken seriously. In the highly unlikely event that you've told us everything, which you prtty much haven't, then this would be a funny story to laugh about, not something to get community handholding on.

A good RL friend of mine has smite healed me (a tank) through at least a few dozen Heroics post patch, some in his level 60 RP gear for S'n'Gs, and no one said a word against him.

I've seen peoples kicking for stupid stuff like this! The only time I got kicked was for one of those stupid reasons, I was pulling to fast for 2 peoples in the group how were friends when before this, they QQ because I was pulling to slow! Make up your god damn mind!
    Last edited by Bamahut; 2010-10-15 at 06:35 PM. Reason: rephasing
    Yep I'm guild-less because of toxic elite-jerks in my old top raiding guild. Why can't we all get along like normal human beings?

I think your group was full of a bunch of anal re tensive mother fuckers who were jealous of your new abilities...

but seriously i think its pretty nice, gives you something to do when you party isn't taking huge amounts of damage.

Weird, I don't even get kicked for tanking bosses/trash as a mage :/

nice to see the community so unanimous for a change
    all the wierdos seem to come out around patch day, must be summat about change that upsets them.

the state of heroics i personally like having something to do, even if its only exorcism spam. me and some friends were grinding them the other day and the tank went to his dps spec so i actually had to heal him.

anyone who kicks someone for both doing their job well AND another roles job too deserves a swift kick in the J. Edgar Hoovers.

3.8k dps on Loken, im proud of that :P
    medicus quercum, venit.
    One's soldiers should not yell abuse at the enemy. "Arouse a bee and it will come at you with the ferocity of a dragon." - Takeda Nobushige

10+ Year Old Account
    When lvl 85 premade was first available on beta, I was healing a regular instance on my shaman. The new aoe healing spell "Healing Rain" creates a white patch on the ground to show the healing area. Literally had dps running out of it, thinking it was a ground fire type effect.
    Have had this happen rather often in heroics now when effloresence procs... :P

And really, who kicks their healer. Unless ofc, the healer sucks. The job is to keep people alive, if that is the case there is no reason to kick the healer.

I was kicked from a group about 2 weeks ago for healing in shadow spec. The group was insanely rude about it as well. We had a bad pull in OK in the 2nd room and I died to 2 back-to-back shadow blasts from the spell flingers. The group acused me of not healing and vote-kicked me out even though I was the only one that died. No chance to explain what happened or why.

All of that to say this really does happen, and when you get a group or a tank that is anal about it, it REALLY makes them mad for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilee25 View Post
    I was kicked from a group about 2 weeks ago for healing in shadow spec. The group was insanely rude about it as well. We had a bad pull in OK in the 2nd room and I died to 2 back-to-back shadow blasts from the spell flingers. The group acused me of not healing and vote-kicked me out even though I was the only one that died. No chance to explain what happened or why.

All of that to say this really does happen, and when you get a group or a tank that is anal about it, it REALLY makes them mad for some reason.
    between fade and shackle you might have deserved it