Thumbs down This is frustrating

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    They feel the pruning in a lot of classes is not complete. It will take them a while to get all the classes cleaned up. Shaman still feels like it has too many damage sources. You won't see these in the 6.1 or 6.2 timeframe however.
    So despite all the feedback in the beta that was given about how many more buttons Enhancement has over other dps classes and by a large margin in terms of buttons, we will have to basically wait until the next expansion before that spec is pruned.

To me fixing the gameplay of a spec that is wasn't properly tuned should take priority over fixing a 5% dps overpoweredness of MM hunters or WW monks. Ugh.

We don't need the pruning if the DPS would match other classes but we having to do a lot more work for less so that is the negative part. I don't mind the rotation is more busier then other specs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightotemz View Post
    We don't need the pruning if the DPS would match other classes but we having to do a lot more work for less so that is the negative part. I don't mind the rotation is more busier then other specs.
    But it also means bad scaling. Our rotation is so fast that haste simply doesnt work for us. In my 653 gear, currently multistrike is my best stat, followed by mastery and haste on 3rd.

Deleted
    I'd be ok with this if they just remove searing/magma totem.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, i don't mind all the buttons, i'm playing enhance since 8, shaman since 10 years. This is pretty much manageable. Ever since spells removed (water shield, earth shock, etC) i have spare hotkeys for toys and alike
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    To be honest, i don't mind all the buttons, i'm playing enhance since 8, shaman since 10 years. This is pretty much manageable. Ever since spells removed (water shield, earth shock, etC) i have spare hotkeys for toys and alike
    From my perspective I think it's cool if you want to have more buttons, there are clearly people who do. But it should be spec'd into just like every other class. I went through all of my alt dps characters and every one has roughly 8 buttons either baseline where you can spec for more if you want, or more rarely they have more baseline but can select talents that replace buttons. Enhancement appears to be the only spec where you are stuck with 13 combat buttons, 14 if you include Bloodlust and there is no other way out of it.

I'd like to see unleash fury make unleash elements passive and removal of either searing or magma totem. Just imo. I personally dont like Ascendence either but that's probably more of a stretch.

Playing a mage now, it's very nice not to have your bars full of spell you (almost) never use. Shaman could definitely lose some stuff here and there mainly weak totems like searing/Healing Stream.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    They feel the pruning in a lot of classes is not complete. It will take them a while to get all the classes cleaned up. Shaman still feels like it has too many damage sources. You won't see these in the 6.1 or 6.2 timeframe however.
    So despite all the feedback in the beta that was given about how many more buttons Enhancement has over other dps classes and by a large margin in terms of buttons, we will have to basically wait until the next expansion before that spec is pruned.

To me fixing the gameplay of a spec that is wasn't properly tuned should take priority over fixing a 5% dps overpoweredness of MM hunters or WW monks. Ugh.
    I don't know why they say they need a major patch. They just have to tweak the numbers on the existing ones to make certain ones not worth using.

The irony is that enhancement shamans were pitched as the prime example of why ability pruning and damage consolidation needed to happen.

And then in the end, it turns out they didn't prune enhance enough. (They consolidated a lot of damage sources though, but it still feels very clunky).

I don't mind being busy or the keys being unmanagable. But I do think it's an issue when your abilities HAVE to hit like a wet noodle to balance out your dps.
    And the old shaman wasn't like this at all. I play Enhancement since vanilla (on and off; as I'm mostly resto for my guild). But it's been a cascading thing really.
    Back in Vanilla we had shocks, windfury and stormstrike, that was pretty much it. We had the least melee abilities out of all melee classes, but in turn our shock and windfury numbers were intimidating.

I like having this fury of attacks and this melee/caster hybrid (battlemage); and I don't really feel clogged up as enhance, but for some reason it just doesn't "flow" as well as it used to.

The DPS Totems are really the problem here.

The regular rotation is fine. I enjoy the fast pace and the amount of things on the table is perfectly acceptable for a class that doesn't lean on a resource bar. Removing and consolidating things in the regular rotation simply leaves us with a lot more waiting and hardcasting LB. I also enjoy Ascendance and Feral Spirits as cooldowns.

Meanwhile, I can't think of anything I like bout the fire totems and I think getting rid of them solves a lot of the balance and playability issues that Enhancement has. In fact, one of our major issues is that too much of our output is tied into pets and CDs, and that blame is almost entirely due to these totems that represent nearly 20% of our single target damage, even without PE. All of that could be rolled into some of our more minuscule contributors like Windfury and FrS, which makes those more satisfying and helps push hard casting off the table. It also means no more frustrating range and stomping issues. And we free up as many as 5 keys and 4 damage sources.