Reforging Trinkets(Ele)

I'm sitting at about 1420 haste with nearly bis gear for elemental, I can't decide if its better to leave my two haste trinkets as is or reforge them to mastery. I have 17.39mastery atm which equals out to about 34percent to proc EO. I have reforged everything that had crit or spirit to mastery while remaining hit capped this is my last choice that i'm in a toss up on. If I were to reforge for master I would gain about 7percent more master making me be at about 41percent but I would lose a bunch of haste... Any ideas?

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I would go ahead and do the reforging, then run some sustained DPS tests on the boss dummy for some comparison against the un-reforge trinkets. Several tests will most likely be necessary for a real picture.

i tested it a little on a dummy...
    the 1400+ haste is better, my haste is pretty much about the same and my mastery is 33%

i reforged both my haste trinks to mastery and it went to 39%, i think i missed mastery on another item at the time so it could have hit 40%, but doing that made me lose 2-3k

Get the sindragosa one, with crit, and change some crit to mastery!
    At least is the trinket i've in mind to get from HC: had the normal one atm.

Well i only miss my 2nd trinket, don't know yet wich one is better: Rotface 25 HC vs. Halion Normal? (any help?)

You don't need that much haste: 1200 is good enough (more doens't rly increase your dps imo)

Quote Originally Posted by x3ky.21 View Post

You don't need that much haste: 1200 is good enough (more doens't rly increase your dps imo)
    /facepalm
    I have a terrible gaming youtube channel • https://www.youtube.com/fevirgaming

no amount of haste is enough.

you want minimum 50% haste to drop your gcd down to 1 sec. next stage to aim for is 100% haste to drop lightning bolt down to 1 sec. and the final stage is to get flame shock to tick every 1 sec. no idea how much haste is needed for that though, probably way over 200%, but you want it for sure for lavasurge.

also imagine channeling a 1 second earthquake

10+ Year Old Account
    Mastery and Haste are quite equal at the moment. With that high haste, tho, you'll end up having some problems with GCDs, specially for Fulmination and Lava Surge procs which ends up being sub-optimal.

I'd reforge them to Mastery, as well as all other haste-only pieces ou've got.

Quote Originally Posted by x3ky.21 View Post
    1)Rotface 25 HC vs. Halion Normal? (any help?)
    2)You don't need that much haste: 1200 is good enough (more doens't rly increase your dps imo)
    #1: heroic dfo is 2nd bis for ele sham right under heroic halion trink
    #2: wut

i really don't understand how people can say you only need 1200 haste...

people use to say 1200 was fine before the patch, and it probably was, but the thing was you also had +220 haste from your relic, and now you don't

Quote Originally Posted by Lazertrooper View Post
    no amount of haste is enough.

you want minimum 50% haste to drop your gcd down to 1 sec. next stage to aim for is 100% haste to drop lightning bolt down to 1 sec. and the final stage is to get flame shock to tick every 1 sec. no idea how much haste is needed for that though, probably way over 200%, but you want it for sure for lavasurge.
    No. Just. No. Everything in this post is wrong. First and foremost a 1s LB means elemental mastery is now totally wasted. Congrats.

Once LvB (and GCD) get below 1s, haste on that is wasted. Second, haste effects like elemental mastery, troll zerk, hyperspeeds and bloodlust are best popped all at once. When you can't pop them all at once because of haste that haste is suboptimal. Lastly, lavasurge scales atrociously bad with haste, so speeding up flame shock for that isn't a reason in haste's favor.

Per item budget, haste is either a wash or slightly better than mastery in theory. In reality, at current end game haste levels with LvB being under the GCD and just about everything being under GCD under BL and stacked haste effects you are most likely better reforging haste to mastery.

Stay tuned for level 85 or for the EJ kids to do more detailed math.

Quote Originally Posted by jontaxe View Post
    No. Just. No. Everything in this post is wrong. First and foremost a 1s LB means elemental mastery is now totally wasted. Congrats.

Once LvB (and GCD) get below 1s, haste on that is wasted. Second, haste effects like elemental mastery, troll zerk, hyperspeeds and bloodlust are best popped all at once. When you can't pop them all at once because of haste that haste is suboptimal. Lastly, lavasurge scales atrociously bad with haste, so speeding up flame shock for that isn't a reason in haste's favor.

Per item budget, haste is either a wash or slightly better than mastery in theory. In reality, at current end game haste levels with LvB being under the GCD and just about everything being under GCD under BL and stacked haste effects you are most likely better reforging haste to mastery.

Stay tuned for level 85 or for the EJ kids to do more detailed math.
    rofl , whatever, reforge your haste then. i'll stay reforging my useless crit to mastery instead.