Idk how your dps is in 10 man H Rag, but in our 25 attempts I can use Berserk at the start of p1, it will be ready for the first seeds in p2,and then again right as the adds die in transition to p3 when bloodlust is called. Might just be good timing on our raid dps. Again, I don'tknow if 10 mans are similar in lining up.

Looks like this guide could use some refreshing. Some of the glyphs aren't even in game anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazmon View Post
    How would the type of tank change things?
    I'm meaning that you get much better use of berserk with a pala tank since he can soak a scythe and get more % of the boss fight to be tank'n'spank instead of having the boss jumping around.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabtheshaman View Post
    Looks like this guide could use some refreshing. Some of the glyphs aren't even in game anymore.
    What exactly are you talking about? All the glyphs posted in the guide post of this thread are in the game as of 4.2.
    Last edited by MasterNewbie; 2011-10-29 at 09:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zheryn View Post
    I'm meaning that you get much better use of berserk with a pala tank since he can soak a scythe and get more % of the boss fight to be tank'n'spank instead of having the boss jumping around.
    We don't spend more than about 10 seconds or so in each scorpion form before spreading and going back to cat. We just do 0/7/0/7 dead iirc. And as long as no one clips you with their seeds exploding providing you got bopped you take 0 damage through the whole encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterNewbie View Post
    What exactly are you talking about? All the glyphs posted in the guide post of this thread are in the game as of 4.2.
    What is now known as the Shred glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabtheshaman View Post
    What is now known as the Shred glyph.
    That glyph is on the list. (The mmo-champ db has it listed as its 4.3 name currently). Only the db admins can take care of that.

Regardless,

Recommended setup for raid dps:
    Prime: Rip, Shred and Berserk
    Major: Feral Charge, Rebirth
    Minor: Dash
    This snippet is directly under the list of glyphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazmon View Post
    We don't spend more than about 10 seconds or so in each scorpion form before spreading and going back to cat. We just do 0/7/0/7 dead iirc. And as long as no one clips you with their seeds exploding providing you got bopped you take 0 damage through the whole encounter.
    Ah that's interesting. On our first kills when we had a pala tank we always had him use AD on first scythe in scorpion to soak one himself and let everyone else keep their concentration and delaying the spread some more seconds. Congratulations to HC Rag and HC Matrix btw
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ledonn View Post
    Idk how your dps is in 10 man H Rag, but in our 25 attempts I can use Berserk at the start of p1, it will be ready for the first seeds in p2,and then again right as the adds die in transition to p3 when bloodlust is called. Might just be good timing on our raid dps. Again, I don'tknow if 10 mans are similar in lining up.
    Your overall raid dps should be really low if you get the 3rd berserk before the start of p3.I get my second at about the start of the second transition or little before that.

How fast is your p1 and how many seeds do you get? We get 3 total and the transitions don't take more than a few seconds.

Edit: idk to me that seems crazy fast that your able to push 2 phases and a transition within 3 minutes or close to it. Having to burn 30% then deal with at most 3 seed spawns. P2 alone takes close 3 minute for us. P1 around 2 - 2 1/2 then add in the transition and berserk is up. I hang onto it for a couple of seconds to use on the seed.
    Last edited by Ledonn; 2011-10-30 at 12:24 PM.

Deleted
    Without scouring over logs my best guess would be that the way we do rag in p2 only doing 2 seeds (10man) brings the nuke at the start of p3 foward by (an annoying) margin so you don't have the extra few seconds of p2 while waiting for the 3rd set of seeds (which I understand most 25man raids do) for it to come off CD in time for the p3 nuke.

Ah ok well that makes more sense. I didn't know 10 mans had the benefit of less seed spawns =\

Deleted
    Weapon: Fandral's Flamescythe - H: Majordomo Staghelm

I don't understand that. Your own guide says haste is better than mastery and the links you give to BiS lists say Ranseur is better than Fandral.

Deleted
    I think that, even if haste is better than mastery, H:FS is still better than the RoH because it's more intresting to have little less haste, and more crit & mastery.

For example, I think that 1600 haste / 1300 mastery / 1300 crit is better than 1800 / 1100 / 1100. But I may think wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's a fire kitty staff, at a potential loss of 5 theoretical dps it gains a hundred points of coooool

Deleted
    ranseur: 396.8 + 360.68 = 757.48
    fandral: 385.64 + 371.059 = 756.699

Again, using numbers from this very guide.

Deleted
    While Fandral's Flamescythe has a mastery, a suboptimal stat, it also has more total secondary stats than Ranseur of Hatred. 320 crit + 284 haste = 604 total stats for ranseur, against 311 crit + 299 mastery = 610 total stats for the flamescythe. Additionally, haste and mastery are sufficiently close to each other that it pretty much exactly evens out.

For example using slightly different stat values (not counting weapon dps or agility since those are equal) http://www.wowhead.com/items=2?filte....27:1.245:1.24 flamescythe is ahead by 0.2 dps, while http://www.wowhead.com/items=2?filte....27:1.241:1.24 ranseur is ahead by 0.3 dps. So pick whatever you like best really... 0.2 dps isnt gonna make the difference when you're doing 35k total.

Additional reasons for putting the flamescythe in the bis list is that fire cats are awesome, and that using a crystallized firestone for a theoretical 0.2 dps gain is kind of a waste when it could be used on so many more useful stuff (like a relic that will be replaced 1 week into 4.3 with the 397 one). And lastly, as soon we lose 4T12, mastery will be king again, which will put flamescythe ahead by a mile ( http://www.wowhead.com/items=2?filte...1.26:1.26:1.26 ).
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2011-10-31 at 11:35 AM.

Deleted
    But you see, it's still a BiS list, and Fandral isn't BiS. My post above is using your own numbers from the guide and concluding that Ranseur is better. So at least 1 point in your guide is faulty. Saying "choose whatever you want" is pretty idiotic when talking about a BiS list. The difference between using t12 shoulders and random legs and t12 legs and random shoulders isnt very big either (when doing 35k total like you say), but one is still better than the other.

Deleted
    Alright, fixed the stat weights in the guide to be consistent with the provided bis list.

Deleted
    Tun you just nag with Mihir.It's absolutely laughable to argue about 0.2dps.......
    Last edited by mmocbe32c89b1a; 2011-10-31 at 12:46 PM.