t11 gloves over the Double Attack Handguards is best? wouldnt mastery/exp (reforged to haste), be better then haste/hit (reforged to less masterey) ?....since mastery is our biggest stat, after Agi

Not if your goal is to reach the set bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Barawr View Post
    Not if your goal is to reach the set bonuses.
    well yes i know that...but Im asking bc idk if the bonus is UBER PRO....is getting T11 gear, which lacks mastery, better.....is the dps from t11 bonus going to match up vs the mastery we would have in non tier gear

ive always been for getting tier bonus..bc some are good....but im not looking forward to spamming mangle to get the proc, although they did buff the mangle dmg....just not my style

If you go style > DPS gain I don't know why you post here at all.

what i meant by playstyle is....id rather not mangle spam...but if the t11 bonus over all is going be be like 1-2k dps inc, it would be worth it. But a 500 dps inc isnt that much. yes 500 dps is 500 more dps then what im doing, but RNG can do that also

I wouldn't call recasting mangle every 28 sec spaming. Beside it makes our rotation kinda "more interesting". And if in your opinion 500 dps ins't much than why do you even bother with stats on gloves? Difference between tier and offtier gloves is around whooping 24! dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khraeme View Post
    what i meant by playstyle is....id rather not mangle spam...but if the t11 bonus over all is going be be like 1-2k dps inc, it would be worth it. But a 500 dps inc isnt that much. yes 500 dps is 500 more dps then what im doing, but RNG can do that also
    If 500 dps isnt much to you then why are you worried about the 25 dps you lose from switching chimaeron gloves for tier gloves?

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    Synapse Springs often results in the "A more powerful spell is already active" message when you want to clip Rip before switching adds (V&T, Magmaw HC, Maloriak HC, Nefarian come to mind), so it's not always a dps increase vs other profession perks.
    This is why I already don't like Ancient Petrified Seed (besides the On-Use)
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Khraeme View Post
    That same RNG also has the exact same chance to give you 1000 less DPS.

Every 26-28 seconds isn't what I would call "spamming" assuming you were around when mangle had to be applied every 12 seconds.

the reason im asking is becaue im wondering if the 2piece bonus is worth it or is waiting till i have access to the 4p to start using it.

i dont mean mangle spaming...i meant opening up with 3 mangle to get the 3% bonus

Deleted
    Yes. Both bonuses are worth 400-500 dps.

Edit: fixed post count!
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2011-04-05 at 07:15 AM.

Yes. Both bonuses are worth 400-500 dps.
    You just broke your fancy post count, tsk :P

15+ Year Old Account
    I wish there was some sort of ctrl + f feature for the interwebz, so like I could go to the first page, hit a button or two, and then it will check for my topic before I begin posting a "question". Bou needs to work on this function.

Glyph of Ferocious Bite
    Removes the extra energy to damage conversion from Ferocious Bite. Since the energy saved by this glyph would be spent on extra shreds, and FB is about 2x as energy-efficient as Shred, it is a DPS loss to use it.

Ferocious Bite
    Your main combo point dump. Has about double the damage per energy as shred. Will take up to double it's normal energy cost to double it's damage done. Only use it when you can guarantee you will be back at 5 combo points when rip runs out. Below 25% health this ability will refresh the duration of rip to 16 seconds. Responsible for about 5% of our dps. With the buff to Shred damage in 4.0.6, this will no longer be worth using above 25% health; just spam more shreds to get rid of energy instead.
    Noticed these statements in the OP conflict.

Probably been discussed before but couldnt find it in the last few pages, is FB glyph Still a dps loss? Given the Better DPE of Shred, would spending less energy be a dps gain in the sub 25% phase.

ZA/ZG loot tables are up. You've got work to do, Mihir.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayto View Post

Probably been discussed before but couldnt find it in the last few pages, is FB glyph Still a dps loss? Given the Better DPE of Shred, would spending less energy be a dps gain in the sub 25% phase.
    your right. atm the DPE of FB abd shred are almost equal (shred is slightly higher) so we compeltely ignore FB the first 75% of the mobs is health/

if the mobs drops below 25% health. a FB is worth to use as you get the DPE from a FB + the DPE from a free rip. witch is massive :P
    so the only thing that makes FB worth it below 25% hp is that you get a free rip, this means that Glyph of FB will a dps increase when the mob is below 25% hp
    becase whit the energy you save you can do more shreds and also get more combo's for your next FB + rip.
    but the majority of the fight its a wasted glypth slot. but i would still take it over glyph of feiry fire as that is no dps gain at all :P

@mihir: You are refering to Glyph of Faerie Fire as recommended but i think FB is still better as it is atleast some increase in dps + you havent listed Glyph of Faerie Fire at all on the first page
    Last edited by Elunedra; 2011-04-05 at 08:39 AM.
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Tygroen View Post
    I wish there was some sort of ctrl + f feature for the interwebz, so like I could go to the first page, hit a button or two, and then it will check for my topic before I begin posting a "question". Bou needs to work on this function.
    As with all search functions, people would actually have to use that feature. Which they don't.
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2011-04-05 at 10:38 AM.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    ZA/ZG loot tables are up. You've got work to do, Mihir.
    And the stats on my stick seem to have changed. Gonna calculate it myself this time, though :P

Verdict is 3892,7 EP if I calculated right(I calculated with 1 decimal and I calculated 4 numbers, weapon DPS EP, primary DPS stat EP, 1st secondary stat EP and 2nd seconday stat EP, thats how its done, right?)

Akirus is 3871,3 EP

So the slight nerf to Verdict pushed them closer together(the agility got reduced, 301+50 from gemming a 40 agi gem down to 323), but Verdict is still ahead.

That was without reforging either of them, gonna do another calculation with reforging when I get the time. The difference is about 10 EP when reforged if I calculated it right, so Verdict is still a tiny bit ahead.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2011-04-05 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayto View Post

The DPE of FB is still higher than Shred, but energy is not the only cost to FB. FB costs Combo Points and expending Combo Points has a good chance of not having them when you need to refresh Rake and Rip.

So it's still a DPS loss to glyph FB.