Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.

Nameplates 4.0.1

Okay so when I logged in today I noticed that my enemy nameplates did not show up so I hit my bind to turn them back on but all it does is toggle their names not their Name/Health bar above their head. Same thing with friendly nameplates except the nameplates do show up but only on a few people not others. My question is, is it one of my addons doing this or a Blizzard issue.

For people that don't read the thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by funkymillah View Post
    /console bloattest 1

then press your hotkey to activate the nameplates and voila
    ~ Treeston
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2010-10-14 at 08:27 AM.

I'm having the same problem. I don't have any addons that would affect this as far as i know. I only use Bagnon, DBM, Healbot, and Auctioneer

10+ Year Old Account
    I am having the same problem - Target dummy's name plates where there as well as friendly players and NPC's - I did a random dungeon, there was no name plates (looked through interface pane) - when I did a BG (WSG) maybe 3 out of 10 Enemy players had name plates.

Pretty sure its an error on Blizzards side.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having that problem myself, with no addons running at all. It also seems to alternate a bit, where the nameplates will appear while I'm out of combat, but sometimes disappear when I enter combat. My best guess is a glitch with the new UI they threw in there, but all I know is that it isn't an addon, since I have none.
    85 paladin Prot/Holy, 85 warlock Destro/Affliction, 85 priest Holy/Disc, 85 druid Feral/Resto, 85 shaman Resto/Enhancement, 85 rogue Combat/Combat, 85 mage Fire/Arcane, 85 death knight Blood/Frost, 85 warrior Prot/Arms, 85 hunter Surv/BM.

My name is Citaxis, and I'm an altoholic. My first step is admitting I have a problem. I even have the addon.

15+ Year Old Account
    I noticed I could see nameplates for mobs I already had targeted, and if I lost aggro on mobs sometimes their nameplates would appear.

Must have something to do with the quest system. Noticed that on low lvls the nameplates/names showed on the mobs you had to kill for quests. Check the quest tab in interface.

Been having the same problem. Tried using the repair tool but it didn't fix it.

Deleted
    There's an option to turn it off in Interface > ...something.

It's there anyway.

It's happening in pvp as well, quite annoying.

Seems to have been hotfixed, i logged in and out and there was a 16 mb patch, all working fine now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    Seems to have been hotfixed, i logged in and out and there was a 16 mb patch, all working fine now
    First I have herd of this :S

I have this issue as well and I've tried on a fresh install with no addons nor WTF folder carry over.

I just gave in and installed TidyPlates until the hotfixes get going.

I've got the same problem, more or less.

Soemtimes nameplates show up on enemies, sometimes it does not. Can even have nameplates on some and not others in a trash pack.

To make things even worse, if the nameplates don't show, nothing shows up above the enemy making targeting them when they are mixed in with other mobs and friendly melee very hard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    Since 4.0.1.:

When "Enemy Nameplates" is enabled, the enemy has no label above its head, just empty space. When they are disabled, only the name in default red is showing; this part actually is working correctly in theory, but I need the nameplates. I tried disabling all of my addons, but it didn't make a difference either way. I first noticed this in a Daily Heroic and then tried troubleshooting solo, to no avail.

Help?

EDIT: Just noticed that at 40 yards the name shows up (but too far away to be a nameplate, its just the red text), but once I go any closer it disappears.
    I had the same problem on the PTR , can you confirm that nameplate addons are not working either ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't work for me on live, with my nameplates addon either. Makes tanking and healing interesting.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

Supposedly tidyplates is working properly, but I haven't been able to try it since downloading it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use aloft and it was not working. Default plates were buggy as hell last night. Ran 1 heroic and playing as melee it was very annoying to target mobs with name plates showing up randomly,if even at all.

I had that problem on PTR on my copied pally but not on the rogue i started from level 1. Might have something to do with cache and what not as i did copy all addons and config from one folder to another (for pally) but rogue remained without cached stuff.

I am still patching up to 4.0.1 so can't confirm new live but I hope there's an easy way out of this. I haven't touched my WTF in.. 5 years? I never touched it in fact - even when moving from Linux onto Windoze, I just copied the whole directory. Really not in the mood for reconfiguring stuff now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Same for me....actually its only problem with the healthbar thing that SHOULD be showing when going close to the enemy. It bugs on some and doesn't show however since it is meant to show it will remove the name, which it should do to fit the healthbar.

Aloft works fine for me