Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xart View Post
    No I play holy in arena. If you haven't seen me post before. And I claimed thats all you need for BGS. Even bolded it now so you can't miss it. Ret on the other hand in arena is a totally diffrent thing. I played to 2.3k in 2v2 with a friend for fun as it. I have never played arena as ret seriously. Why? Cause I prefer playing healing in arena.

Edit: The rank 1 ret in the world in 3v3. Plays Ret-Hunter-Resto shaman using loads of pve gear. Just sayin.
    No Vanguards does not play it in a ton of PvE gear he runs with 3 offset pieces and Shadowmourne, Your posting in a Ret PvP performance thread claiming to be a multi season Gladiator. Holy isn't Ret we have always had the ability to Glyph for HoJ range. Your first post said nothing about BG's and most people don't post about performance and BG's together since BG's are a joke.

What makes you think you an tell the difference between a bad and good Ret? You yourself said the damage is RNG based so how can you tell who is and isn't skilled in a world of RNG? Speed of Cleansing? nope we can't do that anymore so how can you tell?

Sorry but your posts show zero Ret and very little Arena credibility.

---------- Post added 2010-10-20 at 03:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CrowShammy View Post
    so much QQ.
    i've said it before, i'll say it again. ret is my main. switched back to my pally w/ 4.0. had ditched him after t7 because ret was facerollingly stupid to play during wotlk.
    i will continue to pontificate about the current state of ret in pvp, because in the hands of a capable player, they are both effective and deadly, and i'm not referring to just wings + hammer. sounds to me more than anything that its a learn2play issue, or maybe you guys just need to reroll? i've seen mages w/ arcane blast spam topping meters. one button ftw. might be up your ally.
    So facerolling stupid how many times did you get Glad in wotlk as Ret not Holy or Prot? There is very little deadly about Ret right now unless you get lucky.
    Last edited by Requital; 2010-10-20 at 05:22 PM. Reason: 33 should have been 3 oops!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    No Vanguards does not play it in a ton of PvE gear he runs with 33 offset pieces and Shadowmourne, Your posting in a Ret PvP performance thread claiming to be a multi season Gladiator. Holy isn't Ret we have always had the ability to Glyph for HoJ range. Your first post said nothing about BG's and most people don't post about performance and BG's together since BG's are a joke.

What makes you think you an tell the difference between a bad and good Ret? You yourself said the damage is RNG based so how can you tell who is and isn't skilled in a world of RNG? Speed of Cleansing? nope we can't do that anymore so how can you tell?

Sorry but your posts show zero Ret and very little Arena credibility.

---------- Post added 2010-10-20 at 03:46 PM ----------

So facerolling stupid how many times did you get Glad in wotlk as Ret not Holy or Prot? There is very little deadly about Ret right now unless you get lucky.
    A bad ret will use 1 holy power templar's verdict. Won't use the procs cause he don't have a clue how to. And I find killing healers easier now then when it was before. Are you sure you have binded rebuke? Cause it doesn't seem like it if you aren't deadly at all.

How about using your spell called word of glory instead of pushing damage? Yes i agree our damage is bad atm. It's the same in pve so expect us to get some damage increase. Blizzard won't let classes underperform in pve.
    b/c being a DPS hybrid class means I shouldnt just spam WOG on myself until someone else kills the person attacking me. Like other hybrid classes: shaman, priests, warriors...hell pretty much any class in the game, I'd like to be offensive in my offensive spec.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplistic View Post
    b/c being a DPS hybrid class means I shouldnt just spam WOG on myself until someone else kills the person attacking me. Like other hybrid classes: shaman, priests, warriors...hell pretty much any class in the game, I'd like to be offensive in my offensive spec.
    Yeah but there is times when people pops cds like wings etc. Were you have to heal yourself. Adapt to the situation.

A bad ret will use 1 holy power templar's verdict. Won't use the procs cause he don't have a clue how to. And I find killing healers easier now then when it was before. Are you sure you have binded rebuke? Cause it doesn't seem like it if you aren't deadly at all.
    won't use procs b/c they don't know how to use them? You're not talking about a bad player, you're actually talking about a mentally retarded person who has no business playing wow at all.

Seriously dude, the more I read of what you post, the more you make me laugh.

no point in arguing w/ the flavor of the month facerollers xart.
    all i can say is if you're not deadly and effective at 80 bg's right now, you're doing it wrong. have a nice day.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowShammy View Post
    no point in arguing w/ the flavor of the month facerollers xart.
    all i can say is if you're not deadly and effective at 80 bg's right now, you're doing it wrong. have a nice day.
    I know. Gonna give up now. No point telling them. They won't listen anyway.

bahahaha

you guys have no idea what you're talking about. Most people that post on this board have been rets for years. I've been a ret for, like, five years now.

Ret is broken in pvp atm. If you can't see that you are blind. You are not facerolling anyone good unless you get lucky procs and use wings + how. Bad players yes, but not good players. That's not how pvp needs to work. If you're a better player you should win...it shouldn't be dependent upon rng.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    bahahaha

you guys have no idea what you're talking about. Most people that post on this board have been rets for years. I've been a ret for, like, five years now.

Ret is broken in pvp atm. If you can't see that you are blind. You are not facerolling anyone good unless you get lucky procs and use wings + how. Bad players yes, but not good players. That's not how pvp needs to work. If you're a better player you should win...it shouldn't be dependent upon rng.
    And thats why I win all the time. Thats why I scored 42-0 in wsg yesterday(even tho it doesn't matter cause bgs are broken). Stop being bad and stop whining and l2p.

oh yeah, me too, I actually got 100-0 in WSG yesterday.

it's weird how you can say anything when you have no proof isn't it?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

http://yfrog.com/f/5rpaladinsarefinej/

I wouldn't say anything I don't have proof for.

Deleted

Ohhhhh how he waited for you to exactly say that. How he continuously pressed F5 on this page. How he smiled while doing it.

Also, /brofist Xart, although you're horde, keep the good mace2face action up!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhom View Post
    Ohhhhh how he waited for you to exactly say that. How he continuously pressed F5 on this page. How he smiled while doing it.

Also, /brofist Xart, although you're horde, keep the good mace2face action up!
    Actully I didn't really expect him to say that. But since he did i might aswell post it.

http://yfrog.com/f/5rpaladinsarefinej/

I wouldn't say anything I don't have proof for.
    So you're in a premade with a pocket healer. What's your point? I've seen boomkins do 5 million damage and have 100hks in AV b/c they have a pocket healer and are AOEing like crazy. Are they fine? You didn't make your point at all.

there's a lot of bads in this thread, lol

10+ Year Old Account
    My only question about Ret PvP, currently, is this: have they added the snare removing talent for "Cleanse", yet?

Also, I could see the spec being quite viable with all our potent fire power, but the problem I forsee is that our Holy Power gaining mechanics will ruin the PvP experience, later on in the expansion. With so many RNG Holy Power talents, we will be very unpredictable with our burst, and there will be nerfs coming our way because of it (Hey, it's happened before, after all.).

Other than that, there are some other mechanics that could get a polish, like our seal system, but they will probably not be that big of a deal, now when seals don't do as much damage as before.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2010-10-20 at 05:28 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    So you're in a premade with a pocket healer. What's your point? I've seen boomkins do 5 million damage and have 100hks in AV b/c they have a pocket healer and are AOEing like crazy. Are they fine? You didn't make your point at all.
    To bad I didn't have a pocket healer. We had a random healer that healed everyone. If you care to look the alliance didn't do so much dmg. If you care to look i did over 200k healing on myself while using defensive cds to reduce dmg taken while also using my cc to also reduce damage taken.

And a premade? We were 3 people from the same server? Is that unusual?

15+ Year Old Account
    Like I said zero credibility but I'm not going to waste my time arguing with someone who thinks we just got the ability to Glyph hoj. BTW our PvE Damage is fine and the only reason our PvP damage isn't is because we can't stick to a target.

---------- Post added 2010-10-20 at 05:28 PM ----------

To bad I didn't have a pocket healer. We had a random healer that healed everyone. If you care to look the alliance didn't do so much dmg. If you care to look i did over 200k healing on myself while using defensive cds to reduce dmg taken while also using my cc to also reduce damage taken.

No but if I realized this thread was about beating on players in greens I would have quit posting in it. Doesn't take a lot of skill to kill people in a BG I thought the thread said performance not blowing up scrubs. BG's mean nothing and prove nothing go try some Arena on for size and see how well you fair then come back and talk about Ret is deadly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

I mean you're not doing something special here, dude. I've put up numbers similar to that or better. It happens when you get a solid group and your opponents are piss poor. If you say that's happening more often than not then you're just a liar, plain and simple. We have our moments but for the most part our damage is way too RNG and even our heals are dependent upon being in melee range, which we clearly have trouble with. To say we are ok is a joke at best.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    Like I said zero credibility but I'm not going to waste my time arguing with someone who thinks we just got the ability to Glyph hoj. BTW our PvE Damage is fine and the only reason our PvP damage isn't is because we can't stick to a target.

---------- Post added 2010-10-20 at 05:28 PM ----------

No but if I realized this thread was about beating on players in greens I would have quit posting in it. Doesn't take a lot of skill to kill people in a BG I thought the thread said performance not blowing up scrubs. BG's mean nothing and prove nothing go try some Arena on for size and see how well you fair then come back and talk about Ret is deadly.
    If you read before I said not like bg matters anyway. He wanted proof of I did it. I gave him proof. Was it so hard to understand?