There doesn't need to be a morality clause. You can just fire him for cause. That's what happened to Ana Lucia and Libby on LOST, when they partied too hard and got arrested for DUIs.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Actors don't have moral clauses, lol. You're thinking of executives and others working in companies.

His arrest is just another Hollywood arrest amongst many. I guess people just can't help talking about it.
    im an actor, we frequently have bullshit in our contracts saying what we can and cant do in public while doing said job
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    im an actor
    Bradley Cooper...raccoon is out of the bag!
    BAD WOLF

Actors don't have moral clauses, lol. You're thinking of executives and others working in companies.

His arrest is just another Hollywood arrest amongst many. I guess people just can't help talking about it.
    ...we do. >_>

If you're familiar with Lost you might recall Ana Lucia and Libby - two supporting characters who went out with a bang rather abruptly on the show because the actresses were both caught drink driving in Hawaii whilst in between filming. Whether the actors are actually punished for slipping up depends on the severity of the crime, the amount of bad publicity, how expendable they are and various other factors.

And the fact that Disney-run ABC ran LOST, and not, say, NBC/Universal.

Only in America you have people saying '' Man this actor got caught drunk driving, that'll be bad for publicity! '' while shooting a show with zombies that eat guts, cannibalistic humans, child rapists and weekly dismemberments.

That being said the character won't be missed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Only in America you have people saying '' Man this actor got caught drunk driving, that'll be bad for publicity! '' while shooting a show with zombies that eat guts, cannibalistic humans, child rapists and weekly dismemberments.

...but fictional events are harmless. Real stuff isn't harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    Lol so what, he was speeding and he had a blunt in the car, big deal. He wasn't drinking and driving, it's not a big deal at all.
    107 in a 55 isn't speeding. It's reckless endangerment.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    ...we do. >_>

If you're familiar with Lost you might recall Ana Lucia and Libby - two supporting characters who went out with a bang rather abruptly on the show because the actresses were both caught drink driving in Hawaii whilst in between filming. Whether the actors are actually punished for slipping up depends on the severity of the crime, the amount of bad publicity, how expendable they are and various other factors.
    That's precisely my point. You'll notice that they were simply fired, not specifically because of a "morality clause" in their contract.

People, all I'm saying is that actors can be fired for whatever reason the studios choose - the power lies entirely with them, not the actor. Morality clauses don't exist in acting contracts because they aren't needed.

It's not a big deal, ok. And this guy's fuck up (looks like I'm gonna talk about it too) might get him booted.

I have a much bigger concern to discuss once this is past.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol, your point is too good.

10+ Year Old Account

Only in America we can tell the difference between fact and fiction.

Hmmm... What's worse? A TV show about a bunch of fictional events, or a guy in real life going almost double the speed limit while under the effects of drugs.

Does he have to kill someone for you to take it seriously and realize how bad what he did was?
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post

Does he have to kill someone for you to take it seriously and realize how bad what he did was?
    Even if he did you'd likely still see people defending him. People die every day to hit and run accidents but there's a lot of idiots out there who continue to believe that it's not a big deal to go over the speed limit.

Which is silly, especially in a case like this when he wasn't a little over the limit but almost double the limit.

its not an american thing. uk actors get fired for doing dumb shit too.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Even if he did you'd likely still see people defending him. People die every day to hit and run accidents but there's a lot of idiots out there who continue to believe that it's not a big deal to go over the speed limit.

Which is silly, especially in a case like this when he wasn't a little over the limit but almost double the limit.
    Yeah. I don't think any less of people who drive a bit over the limit (I regularly do 5-10 over myself), but I have no sympathy for 107 unless you're dealing with some kind of emergency that's life or death. Sounds like he was just doing it for teh lulz. And driving that way, attracting more attention to yourself from the cops while you have weed in your car, is just plain stupid.

107 in a 55?
    Coming from a paramedic, that's a big fucking deal.

- - - Updated - - -

He got a DUI, but for marijuana not alcohol.
    http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...t-photo-201555

He blew a .107. The legal limit in Georgia is .08. He was above the legal limit for alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Congrats Blizz. Everyone who wanted a Vanilla realm will get it with WoD. So much for never moving backward. Though, it will not be a pure vanilla server since you can still fly in the old content, and you don't have to farm things just to raid. Just wanted to congratulate Blizz for giving the folks what they wanted, a classic vanilla world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Or, maybe instead of making a strawman, they could just get a lvl 1 pony after they complete a quest in the starting zone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabblexthree View Post
    http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...t-photo-201555

He blew a .107. The legal limit in Georgia is .08. He was above the legal limit for alcohol.
    Thanks for linking that. None of the other articles I've read have said anything about alcohol being involved.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Only in America we can tell the difference between fact and fiction.

Hmmm... What's worse? A TV show about a bunch of fictional events, or a guy in real life going almost double the speed limit while under the effects of drugs.

Do you really? I seem to remember crusades against video games because kids turned into murderers from GTA.

And I'm not by any means excusing him.

But to fire him because it's bad image is dumb. Your show is about people getting torn apart, cannibals, child rapists and the main character literally ate someone's neck out.

Do you really? I seem to remember crusades against video games because kids turned into murderers from GTA.
    That was what was claimed by the Christian Right but anyone with half a brain wouldn't believe that was the actual cause. American isn't the only country to have "crusades" against violent video games though.

I assume his comment was tongue-in-cheek though. The fact that he's on a show about a zombie apocolypse with violence and death has nothing to do with the fact that he was driving extremely dangerously in real life.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really sure how nation bashing is being allowed in this thread...it's not even relevant.
    BAD WOLF

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    So I would like to rerail this thread.

Awhile back this thread had a long and intricate discussion about the zombie disease and it's transmission method. As with any forum discussion, nothing was "decided" - however, it was mentioned that when a zombie bites someone, that is what causes the 1-2 day death (see Bob) and is also why, with quick action, the amputation of an appendage can prevent death and "turnage" (see Hershel). I argued heavily that bite transfers something that kills people, rather than people dying from the infection or what not.

We also know that dying with out any zombie interaction will cause the corpse to rise. This is confirmed by both Rick's statement vis a vis the CDC guy's statement to Rick at the end of S1 (that he relates in S2) and Shane's death in S2. So everyone has the disease already. But they don't die from having it.

Which means, getting bit means you die from infection, rather than the disease itself. Which doesn't make sense because some infections are curable. But everyone bitten has died so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which means, getting bit means you die from infection, rather than the disease itself. Which doesn't make sense because some infections are curable. But everyone bitten has died so far.
    All infections are different and some are more severe. I mean we have flesh eating bacteria that will kill you in days and only extreme and immediate amputation saves a person. Judging from this real world evidence, I would assume that the infection caused by zombies if it is an infection is like one we've never seen and causes rapid deterioration of major bodily functions.

From the way they look it seems they obtain high fevers, inability to eat/drink, lots of pain and trouble breathing. All of those are pretty clear signs your body is shutting down. Since no one has access to science labs or medical facilities, I can only imagine it's like catching the plague and dying in a day or two.

The worse condition your body is in prior to infection, the quicker your body will stop working. A completely healthy person may be able to live for days while someone on the verge of death already would die in hours. I expect we can make more guesses once the new show starts and we see the earlier days. Just from the clips it doesn't look like an overnight occurence, so I imagine they had many days of infected people spreading and nothing much happening like a timebomb waiting to go off.

Probably a lot of people going home sick thinking they had the flu after being assaulted by methhead with rotten teeth.
    BAD WOLF