I think Sasha needs to die. She's been on the show for like three seasons and has never really done anything. I'm not even sure how I would describe her personality, she's just bland and forgettable.

That said, she's a bad pick for Lucille. That death needs to have impact and hers wouldn't. They could give her Holly's comic death though.

Still think it will be Daryl. Crossbow needs a new owner baby!

I liked the way they showed how powerful Negan and the Saviors really are by having them block every road using either a ton of manpower or a lot of effort, although I find it pretty unbelievable that they wouldn't somehow be able to get around those roads. I missed Negan saying "fuck", but other than that he was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I would counter this with saying Hannibal which is a more fair comparison 'basic network. 18-40 demo market' but that got cancelled so maybe there is some truth to pulling these rating whore tricks to keep those Donald Trump voters coming back and tuning into your show.

I HOPE THEY HAVE MORE ASSAULT RIFLES NEXT SEASON AND BUILD A BIGGER WALL.
    i already mentioned hannibal earlier, hannibal had shit ratings from season 1, wonderful show but it only survived because it was insanely cheap. the budget for hannibal was insanely tiny but even that couldnt be sustained when they went sub 500k in season 3.

walking dead on hannibals budget would not be good.

and if game of thrones wasnt as popular as it is it wouldnt be as good either, being on a premium network means whether someone watches a game of thrones episode the day it comes out, or binges the whole season on finale night, watches it on the toilet the next night, or while channel surfing at 3am, they all matter the exact same amount, theyre all equal, because the show is funded based off the people who BUY hbo, since i buy hbo it doesnt matter when i watch it, ive already paid.

its an entirely different ecosystem.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Still think it will be Daryl. Crossbow needs a new owner baby!

I liked the way they showed how powerful Negan and the Saviors really are by having them block every road using either a ton of manpower or a lot of effort, although I find it pretty unbelievable that they wouldn't somehow be able to get around those roads. I missed Negan saying "fuck", but other than that he was awesome.
    Can you imagine if Negan beats Daryl to death in the opening scene of s7, everyone is screaming and crying, pan in on Rick not doing anything but looking utterly defeated and destroyed but also a hint of rage there because Daryl is like a brother, and then as the sobs fade a little, Dwight just pipes up and says, "This means I get to keep the crossbow, right?" Cut to opening theme music.

Man, I should write this shit. That scene is already 20954950 times better than something Gimple will do.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Can you imagine if Negan beats Daryl to death in the opening scene of s7, everyone is screaming and crying, pan in on Rick not doing anything but looking utterly defeated and destroyed but also a hint of rage there because Daryl is like a brother, and then as the sobs fade a little, Dwight just pipes up and says, "This means I get to keep the crossbow, right?" Cut to opening theme music.

Man, I should write this shit. That scene is already 20954950 times better than something Gimple will do.
    is there a laugh track after he asks if he can keep the crossbow?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Ohhh shiiiiit.

Can we retcon Sasha to be secretly gay?
    And let's just add Muslim for the hell of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Glenn dies

/reads comics and ruins it for everyone muahahahahhahaahha
    So does 99% of the forum. /doesn't ruin shit. huhuhuehueuheu

on the video theory about Carol, I listened for about 30 seconds before I realized it was ridiculous. I think Carol is having a breakdown and she will die to a walker in a slightly different twist from her suicide by walker in the comics. Of course she could just walk up to one and get munched anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was this so fucking hard for AMC? Did they actually think people wouldn't come back if they did this? For fucks sake.

Just finished, pretty dissappointed. Didnt think they would be dumb enough to do this, but I guess they are.

I will say I called it that Lincoln and everyone talking up this episode as being too much or too crazy or super brutal were 100% bullshit. Nothing even remotely brutal really happened, and even if they filmed the next season's starter it cant be that bad.

The whole traps on the road was also utterly stupid and improbable, but considering the rest of the episode it doesnt really even matter.

What was utterly stupid and improbable about the traps?

Negan explained in the episode it was "Career day" and that they had spent a lot of resources (trucks moving trees) to show off their might.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the traps were well placed, and honestly well build up, hell when they get to that one roadblock where the dudes are on top of cars it was scary, not to mention the forest trap. Basicly, they had everything in place for probably one of the best episodes for TV in some time, acting, build up, to music, and they royally fucked it up, utterly.

What was utterly stupid and improbable about the traps?

Negan explained in the episode it was "Career day" and that they had spent a lot of resources (trucks moving trees) to show off their might.
    1. How long would it take for ASZ to repay all that they spent that one day? A day of 200+'s peoples manpower, gas, supplies, bullets, planning. Vs getting half of ASZ stuff for how long?
    2. They obviously know where ASZ is, so why set up this stupid trap instead of just surrounding ASZ. Don’t destroy it, or fire on them. Just surround it and demand 10 or so of them to come out. It felt needless and a waste of resources (See 1). They could show up with 100-150 men and that would show just as easily how many of them there are.
    3. Rick and Co. killed too many to feel like Negan killing one person is all they plan to do. Especially after they spent the whole day trapping them.
    4. It would have been so much easier to just lead them down a long road into a road block, radio the rest of their crew and set up a road block at the other end of the road when they turn around. Thus trapping them between two blocks.
    5. They already had hostages, it wouldn’t have been hard to lure or demand a few leave ASZ. This would also allow them to put on their whole show in front of everyone.
    6. The tree thing seemed unlikely they actually could have done, then they set it on fire so it makes even less sense.

It just didn't feel either likely or worth it pretty much ever. And their reasoning only made it even stupider since there were way easier ways to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    glenn dies his time has come look at the scene on the end the position of the camera shows us that its glenn who died
    The position of the camera doesn't reveal who died. They outright said on Talking Dead they kept moving things around so you could never guess who died.

They knew fans would pick apart that moment to try to figure it out.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I just watched it.
    Such complete and utter bullshit.

Worse than the mid-season finale x1000.
    Negan was awesome, but it would have had SO MUCH more impact to just show someone getting their face beat into a puddle (like in the comics) and sit on that for 6 months.
    I don't believe it will be Glenn necessarily as they switched Abraham's death in the comics with Denise, so it shows atm they are willing to change it up.

Most likely it's going to be Abraham imo, he's a big character but not that important, and they can have Sasha crying about it for a while.
    Next in line would be Daryl or Glenn. Maybe Eugene but I doubt it.

Anyway, such an awful way to end it.
    My advice... read the comics. The show is a huge disappointment time and again in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    1. How long would it take for ASZ to repay all that they spent that one day? A day of 200+'s peoples manpower, gas, supplies, bullets, planning. Vs getting half of ASZ stuff for how long?
    2. They obviously know where ASZ is, so why set up this stupid trap instead of just surrounding ASZ. Don’t destroy it, or fire on them. Just surround it and demand 10 or so of them to come out. It felt needless and a waste of resources (See 1). They could show up with 100-150 men and that would show just as easily how many of them there are.
    3. Rick and Co. killed too many to feel like Negan killing one person is all they plan to do. Especially after they spent the whole day trapping them.
    4. It would have been so much easier to just lead them down a long road into a road block, radio the rest of their crew and set up a road block at the other end of the road when they turn around. Thus trapping them between two blocks.
    5. They already had hostages, it wouldn’t have been hard to lure or demand a few leave ASZ. This would also allow them to put on their whole show in front of everyone.
    6. The tree thing seemed unlikely they actually could have done, then they set it on fire so it makes even less sense.

It just didn't feel either likely or worth it pretty much ever. And their reasoning only made it even stupider since there were way easier ways to do it.
    Oh I agree completely with your points on the logic of the whole set up is incredibly stupid. The idea you use A LOT of resources for the idea of scaring smaller settlements into giving you half their stuff when the saviors have already proven if you don't give them stuff they will kill you. Yeah I see your point and agree.

Also Negan should have killed Rick because hes a legit threat who took out an entire camp of your men. But TV land n all that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Ohhh shiiiiit.

Can we retcon Sasha to be secretly gay?
    Abraham is a Transwoman. Therefore Sasha is a lesbian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully it's not Abraham....please, don't kill him yet! I don't know why, but in this season he became my favorite character, i just really like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Hopefully it's not Abraham....please, don't kill him yet! I don't know why, but in this season he became my favorite character, i just really like him.
    Probably because he had a lot of great one-liners, his chemistry with Eugene and there wasn't really any good competition in the season, all the other character arc's were meh. Carol normally one of the best is I dont know what anymore. They destroyed Morgan at the start then slightly redeemed him in the end. Rick was good acting as always and he felt arrogant then scared, I was loving it right up to the ending scene. Daryl was being Daryl. And Glenn/Maggie stories felt gimmicky and pointless. Who else? Carl? that annoying girl Enid? bleh..

Also Negan should have killed Rick because hes a legit threat who took out an entire camp of your men. But TV land n all that.
    I think killing Rick is a gamble. If it forces the other's into line then it is the best possible choice. On the other hand, everyone could depend on him too much and killing him would either force them into a rage or make them incapable of working and getting the supplies for them. I would say from a strategy point, Rick and Carl would be the least profitable for Negan. Carl would mean Rick would never work with them, and killing Rick could have that effect on all of them. Killing a Daryl or Glenn makes everyone angry, but hopefully not enough to start a war. It also shows you wont take shit from them (Even though you are trading 30-40 deaths for killing 1 person).

I feel like Morgan killing that guy will be overshadowed, but it is a big a moment and shows at the moment Morgan is ikely one of the better balanced characters. He will kill, but if he can avoid it he will try. This is the better long term mindset, and better reflects the morality of the group as a whole.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2016-04-05 at 12:42 AM.