I took a break from this show for a long time after S3 when it stopped being about zombies.

Does the show still not give a shit about zombies? Last time I checked it was 'The Walking Dead', but last time i watched people were treating zombies like they were a baby needing a diaper changed

*Folks walking along*
    *Spot a zombie*
    *They all look at each other and sigh*
    *One of them pulls out a knife*
    "I'll do it, I guess"
    *Walks over to the zombie casually, grabs it by the collar and just knifes it in the head*

Extremely immersion breaking. Zombies do not feel like a threat at all.

ARE ZOMBIES STILL THE LEAST THREATENING THING IN TWD?

The arc of the show, even from season 1 with Shane, has been about how the people still alive are the ones who are becoming "The Walking Dead."

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The show has never been about the zombies themselves, even in the comics. You're watching the wrong show if you think otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    .... so? o.O;

They have been dealing with zombies for years now, they eventually would get used to that.

It’s like people complaining about Coral’s lack of acting skills for not showing emotion when people from his group die when he has been watching them die one by one (including his mother) since he was really young =/ It’s pretty normal that he has grown numb.
    So its okay to have the threat from the title be as docile and dangerous as an electric fence?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    So its okay to have the threat from the title be as docile and dangerous as an electric fence?
    The 'threat from the title' actually refers to the survivors themselves. Rick actually said it in the comics himself, but I don't remember exactly when. I think he said it before Negan though. Google it up, I'm sure it'll be out there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    The 'threat from the title' actually refers to the survivors themselves. Rick actually said it in the comics himself, but I don't remember exactly when. I think he said it before Negan though. Google it up, I'm sure it'll be out there somewhere.
    It was during the Prison arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    The Walking Dead aren't the zombies, they're the survivors who are empty inside and no matter what they do will turn into zombies anyway when they die.

Their fate is sealed and they can only hope to survive until they die, there's no light at the end of the tunnel.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the first episode I have zero excitement for. This season has been dire.

Dunno why everyone is hating on last weeks episode.

I thought the actor playing Dwight was very interesting and the structure of the episode was good, with showing the good life of negans gang and the opposite side of life for daryl with the sandwhich making. I wouldn't have done the 3 frame skip they did in the intro though that shit is annoying and felt pretty jarring for walking dead.

That said they did make it a little too obvious Dwight's gona cause problems for Negan down the line. So they could have toned that down for the first viewing of him.

The episode with Carol and the kingdom though I legit fell asleep.

Walking Dead was pretty good last night

Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

That was a pretty good episode, with a lot of moments ripped straight from the comic.

I don't remember Rick ever completely acknowledging that Judith isn't his child in the comics. I know that he expressed doubt before, but he straight up says he knows she isn't. So that was an interesting twist that I liked.

15+ Year Old Account
    How do they supply Shiva with 25lbs of meat a day to keep her fed?

Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    How do they supply Shiva with 25lbs of meat a day to keep her fed?
    In the comic Shiva eats walkers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    That was a pretty good episode, with a lot of moments ripped straight from the comic.

I don't remember Rick ever completely acknowledging that Judith isn't his child in the comics. I know that he expressed doubt before, but he straight up says he knows she isn't. So that was an interesting twist that I liked.
    I have one major issue with tonight's episode and how it deviated to much from the comic actually. :-\

In the comic Negan leaves Alexandria with weapons so they can still defend themselves/scavenge for supplies successfully. this leaves them with the resources to arm Hilltop and the Kingdom and lead a lead and attack against the Saviors. With Negan taking all their weapons and ammo there is no way for them to be a credible threat without them stumbling across some random massive cache of weapons to replace everything Negan took. I get what Negan did on the show makes more sense but I can't think of how the issue will be resolved without feeling forced.
    Last edited by Fayolynn; 2016-11-14 at 04:36 AM.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll admit, the episode was decent, really liked it, especially Judith not being Ricks. That really sucks but also find it great because of the things he's doing to keep her and Carl alive.
    Only thing I hated were the Rosita bits, they were rather boring and I felt it didn't really add much to the plot.

However, I know this sounds odd, but I feel like Negan has a thing for Rick. The whole time I thought they were always about to kiss.

The mattress burning is one of the most markedly different from the original and retarded things I've ever seen an adaptation character do. Comic Negan would never do something so blatantly petty. These writers are doing some stupid ass shit with him and some of the antagonistic things they're making him do feels so edgy and forced.

Has nothing to do with Negan being petty, that implies it was so utterly worthless there was no point to doing it.

He left them so they'd find them. Its just another mental mindgame he's using to keep them all in check. Sure, maybe he's gotten Rick to beg to him like a bitch, but there are several characters he's already met just in Alexandria alone that have defiant attitudes. Carl, Michonne, and Daryl being three of them.

Its about showing them that he can come in, take what he wants, even if he doesn't need it, and leave scot free. And then spite them by burning the mattresses. Its not about him needing them anymore, its about depriving them of comfort because he can.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post
    However, I know this sounds odd, but I feel like Negan has a thing for Rick. The whole time I thought they were always about to kiss.
    I'm of two minds about (TV show) Negan in this capacity. I think he's either just attracted to the subjugation of a person, regardless of their gender (Which I guess would make him bisexual?) but more I think he's actually just an asexual individual (At this point in his psyche, not talking about before the apocalypse) that just uses sex and sexuality as another mind game against his enemies or underlings. Even all the time he kept talking about Tina and Sherry seem more about embarrassment and demeaning Dwight (Either to his face, or to his face while talking to Daryl with him in the room) than actual attraction.

But, like the fiasco with me jokingly arguing Daryl might be gay and causing two people to sperg for ten pages, I don't really care either way. Negan just seems so far gone that he's not able to empathize with anybody anymore, and that goes into the realm of sexuality and attraction as well, I think.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-11-14 at 07:27 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I don't think he had the time to acknowlage it in the comics, and by this point in time it really doesn't matter whose she was...

I'm also of the persuasion not everything in life has to be sexual... I didn't see the latest episode yet, but i'm convinced him getting all up into people's faces is part of his game.
    He is just the kind of guy who likes pushing people's buttons, especially when he knows they will not dare to do anything about it.
    If i recall correctly he was a car-salesman pre-appocalypse and we all know what kind of reputation those have.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    If i recall correctly he was a car-salesman pre-appocalypse and we all know what kind of reputation those have.
    Who Negan? Nah he was a school teacher and a ping pong coach, who just so happens to have the same attitude before the apocalypse just without the Lucile head bashing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    Who Negan? Nah he was a school teacher and a ping pong coach, who just so happens to have the same attitude before the apocalypse just without the Lucile head bashing
    Ahh damn, sorry, mixed him up with talahassy from Z-world there.

Pretty convinced Judith is dying sometime soon just because of Rick's line about how he's going to die before her.