Crit chance in 4.0.1

I have not been playing for two months and haven't been keeping up-to-date with all the mage changes, but I couldn't help but notice that I was getting hot streak procs very scarcely and far in-between. Attributing it to a bug initially, I've noticed that my crit chance has suffered severely. I sticked to haste as the optimal stat for Arcane and now that I've switched to Fire it's coming back to bite me in the ass.

So... Assuming an average of 264 gear, what's the "golden" crit range for PvE Fire? A bit of research suggests that haste should float around the 35% mark, and I imagine the rest goes all into crit?

Any solid numbers on this? Everything I could find was mostly just guesswork and gut feeling.

The reason you are seeing less Hot Streak procs is because Living bomb explosions do not give hot streak procs.

Beyond that I'd shoot for 40-45% crit unbuffed (over 1000crit is an easy number to shoot for).
    Last edited by Anobix; 2010-10-19 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Choda View Post
    I have not been playing for two months and haven't been keeping up-to-date with all the mage changes, but I couldn't help but notice that I was getting hot streak procs very scarcely and far in-between. Attributing it to a bug initially, I've noticed that my crit chance has suffered severely. I sticked to haste as the optimal stat for Arcane and now that I've switched to Fire it's coming back to bite me in the ass.

So... Assuming an average of 264 gear, what's the "golden" crit range for PvE Fire? A bit of research suggests that haste should float around the 35% mark, and I imagine the rest goes all into crit?

Any solid numbers on this? Everything I could find was mostly just guesswork and gut feeling.

since other guy's reply to you was a dick move, im around 60% in raids buffed.