Best Cataclysm leveling spec?

I recently leveled a shaman to 80 as enhance, and was wondering which spec is going to be best/easiest one to level in Cataclysm.
    I know enhance dps is partly low because of different armor numbers in wotlk, but I heard the quest mobs are hitting quite hard in cata, and that elem seems to do nice dps.
    So anyone tried on beta? what's best? Is elem better because you stays at distance while killing mobs, or is enhance better because of lower downtime?
    I'm also wondering if it's worth farming gear while waiting for cataclysm if we only replace it at 84 or something, or just wait to get gear from the first few quests/instances.

I would say Elemental, but its mainly a playstyle choice atm.

As for gear, our Raid epix at 80 are going to be replaced by Dungeon Blues/Heroic Dungeon Epix/Blues. It would help to level if you farmed your gear or so, but the only thing really worth finding, will probably be trinkets, but even then, they will get replaced...
    Shaman PvP Theory
    - "that all sounds nice but i prefer the hide behind a rock and dps method, and if they target you, ghost wolf, and if they start attacking you, bend over and prepare yourself psychologically."
    -Thunderspike

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll agree with the above guy, elemental was always super easy to level as since you don't really get hit ever, but I got bored of it after a while and went enhancement again

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends. If Cataclyms has as many elementals has fucking Nagrand, enhancement wins :|

But yeah it depends on your playstylechoices really.

I hear the mana situation while leveling is much better in cata. Can any one confirm this?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trivial View Post
    It depends. If Cataclyms has as many elementals has fucking Nagrand, enhancement wins :|

But yeah it depends on your playstylechoices really.
    I was hitting the fire elementals in the elemental invasion with lava burst for full damage. I think they may have learned their lesson and gotten rid of elemental mob immunities, but I could be wrong.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

Lava Burst wasn't a problem, lighting bolt and chain lighting stuck as immune on many mobs. As a ele shaman or balance dudu its pain to kill elemental earth, wind and few other mobs. But still as ele You share gear with resto (ele for quests, resto for dungeons).

10+ Year Old Account
    Fixing fire mobs, but not nature ones? Hmm, guess they learn their Molten Core lesson now!

guys I leveled 1-80 as enh then went ele only because I wanted to try it and since I was restro (ALL THE DAMN TIME LOL) I didn't get to play enh or ele much.
    But I have to ask, you say ele is super easy leveling???
    like I said I went 70-80 with the enh buffs we got after only 3 years and made 80 before they were nerfed again.
    Anyway at that time easy was the enh leveling, need health, wolf, need mana malestrom.....NO stopage no deaths just go.
    was ele easier?
    What makes ele so easy?

10+ Year Old Account
    it kills stuff before it even gets to you, and you don't ever run out of mana.

Both specs are equal to level really.