Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    change the freaking searing totem....i mean seriously is blizzard retarded?

The game now supports 3 cores, interesting.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dikalup View Post
    Why are we buffing mages when they are stupidly overpowered atm? Not only are they OP in PVP but also very much so in PVE and you choose to BUFF them?!
    Because it was a temporary nerf for 80... not 85. For some reason, they applied it to Beta as well (probably just to see where scaling lies) and Blizzard obviously got half a clue and realized it was absolutely unnecessary at 85. In fact, it completely destroyed us.

Yes we were imbalanced at 80, so most of us understand why the temporary nerf was applied, but not at 85. People are so quick to whine about Mages, and you don't even understand why we were nerfed. We are only overpowered at 80. I'm really glad Blizzard is fixing this *now* rather than making us wait once we all hit 85 and are doing relevant content.

What makes mages, especially fire, broken currently is the fact that we can get above 70% crit and 30% haste, plain and simple.
    As much as this guy irritates me, he's right. We are only overpowered at 80 because our talents and coefficients were not built with such high stat ratings in mind. At 85 they effectively get cut in half (if not more), and it balances us.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    haha the buffed back mages

OMG, Moonkin pet! <3

It so needs to randomly moonfire critters! :3 I'd give anything to have it like the gryphon/windrinder so you get a moonkin plushie and the pet because ZOMG moonkin plushie would be awesome! :>

woot Blizzcon cant freaking wait having some people over for the beginning, gonna love seeing the SC2 coverage and tourny's

I've probably been watching too much Stargate, but the Symbiotic Worm trinket makes me think of goa'uld/tok'ra.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Fist weapon set. Fuck yeah!
    Set without bonus??? useless...

Spinal Healing injector is now applied to the gloves instead of the belt?!?

Does someone need to go to Blizzard and teach them about anatomy?

Has Engineering even been updated in beta yet? Last time I went in there (couple builds ago) you still couldn't level it past 450...

use the yogscast videos boub they are really really good!

"Spinal" Healing injector in hands? Rofl.

Deleted
    Did mages just get un-nerfed?

Mages... what DID happen was that they kneejerked a 10-15% overall reduction to damage... and that worked fine for level 80 (which we were WAY OP) but same changes at 85 put us LITERALLY 30%-50% below other classes.

Since this change happened before raiding tests... they have reverted then to original numbers and will probably watch them closely int he raid tests.. ti should bring us back in line (or at least closer) to that of the other DPS classes/specs. Heck they may even have to BUFF su some more on Beta.. as the Locks, boomkins, Hunters, Warriors, Ret Palis, etc are doing 14-15k.. where we were hard pressed to push 9-10k...

How they will handle the disparrage between Live and Beta? Who knows... perhaps they will throw thier hands up and say.. it's only 6 weeks... and patch it back now on Live... OR magically when Cataclysm pops.. we will have the changes back. Either way is fine with me..

I know that the mage and hunter QQers will skip this post like they have been the last 4 pages, but I'm just going to reiterate what other people have already stated.

The mage nerfs were for LEVEL 80, not level 85. At level 85 these nerfs put mages at the bottom of the damage meters. This is why you see the build that removes the nerf as a BETA BUILD, and not a PTR build. There is a difference.

Hunters, you are currently topping the raid charts in Cataclysm. Good hunters are still able to pull 10k dps in 25 ICC. This may not be the 12k+ that you were used to before the patch, but it is plenty to clear it. If you can't wait 7 weeks for the new expansion to release so you can top the charts, maybe you should stop playing for a while.

Looks like Arthur beat me to it. Lol well maybe to big posts back to back will make the mage change clearer.
    Last edited by Therec; 2010-10-19 at 04:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    another hunter nerf..lol...apparently blizz doesnt like giving good enchants to hunters...

15+ Year Old Account
    with the enchant changes it looks like they want hunters to only use 2h weapons.

15+ Year Old Account
    To all those people complaining about hunter enchants...those fall under engineering, not enchanting. Wait for engineering to get properly balanced and see what scopes/enchants you get from that.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    mage damage is being buffed because it's absolutely terrible on beta. watching super skilled mages ride out the bottom of the meter 10-15% below everyone else is stupid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    To all those people complaining about hunter enchants...those fall under engineering, not enchanting. Wait for engineering to get properly balanced and see what scopes/enchants you get from that.
    we are not talking about the enchants that come for bows and guns, we are talking about the weapon enchants. they took away the proc based enchants for 1h weapons and added a new 2h weapon enchant. that makes it look like blizzard wants hunters to only use 2h weapons.

i'm guessing one of two things, its too hard to balance two hunter weapons, both with a proc chance that goes off with ranged (melee proc would be based on the weapon that actually hits OH proc/MH Proc). or they just want to see how the new enchant stacks up and test it in beta, making all hunters choose a 2h weapon and test it out.
    Last edited by Kuismar; 2010-10-19 at 04:52 PM.

wait what ...Moonkin Hatchling ?!